What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Early days, but so far it looks like the same old shite in 2025. Roll out the same team plus Holmes minus Lomax. Should finish 11th again. Oh, and Hunt will be one year older and stupider. Make that 12th.

Think I'll skip 2025 and come back in 2026.

Last edited:

Jubilee

Juniors
Haven’t we done that with the ex Bulldogs junior Now with us ?
That does ring a bell. Recently, that was, I think. So I think we can see some of Flanno's long term thinking at work here. Unfortunately, with 3 yr contracts, Laurie and Ravawala could still be stinking up the place even in 2027.

Long contracts aren't usually good for clubs. Lots of examples where players deteriorate and just become unwanted barbacles.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We should be looking at basically anyone that has come out of either the Penrith or Storm system. Scan over whoever is on the bench or reserves, they surely can’t keep them all.

Poor Flanno, he is doing it all, coaching, recruiting, coffee runs. What if one of these new franchise clubs taps Flanno on the shoulder? Would you blame him for leaving?
The CEO and board should be ashamed of themselves.

TruSaint

Referee
We should be looking at basically anyone that has come out of either the Penrith or Storm system. Scan over whoever is on the bench or reserves, they surely can’t keep them all.

Poor Flanno, he is doing it all, coaching, recruiting, coffee runs. What if one of these new franchise clubs taps Flanno on the shoulder? Would you blame him for leaving?
The CEO and board should be ashamed of themselves.

THe CEO and board have a decade plus of work to do.make up for. However, Flanno is not a concern. We judged Hook, Price and Mary under the same regime. He knew the job was difficult when he took it.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Dragonslayer tells us that we have signed 17 year old halfback/five eight Marley McLaren. Checked out his highlights on youtube. He is a representative team captain, a biggish body for the position but with plenty of growing ahead of him, passes and runs well, has a good boot, short and long, and well-placed. He is a keen and solid tackler and not scared of contact, and he is a goal kicker. In his headgear he also looks like Ponga or Burton, if that helps.

Is he going to be Hunt's replacement in 2026 partnered with LKT? Ofc he would still be young but think of Tiger's current young half. He is handling it.

Anyway, looking at his youtube highlight videos - there are four, I think, I have linked two below - this young man looks to be quite the package. So the current discussion of young Wishart may be moot, bcs McLaren + LKT may be the future for 2026 or at least 2027.

No, he won't be playing 1st grade in 2026, he actually played today in the Schoolboys National Final, playing as a 6, the 7 Zane Harrison was very dominant, Marley over read in defence and they scored by stepping back in the inside, couple of bad passes, i think he set up one try, in the 2nd half was MIA.

Latest posts