What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Chook99

Juniors
RCG not going to Bronco's

NRL Market Watch: Reagan Campbell-Gillard unwanted by Broncos, rift with Dragons​

Reagan Campbell-Gillard looks set to stay in Sydney after pricing himself out of the Broncos – but he won’t be at the Dragons after his management infuriated coach Shane Flanagan.

https://archive.md/HswdQ#share-tools
032437c189c5746607110e68060d399686c2a181.jpg

NRL: The NRL 360 panel chat through if Panthers star fullback Dylan Edwards is fully fit for finals week 1.
Departing Eels prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard is set to sign with a Sydney-based club despite revelations of an explosive showdown with Dragons coach Shane Flanagan.
A furious Flanagan hung up the phone on Campbell-Gillard’s management on Monday after the coach was informed ‘RCG’ had ruled out a rumoured move to the Dragons.
Flanagan was confident Campbell-Gillard was all but a done deal. So when he was advised the prop had a change of heart, the premiership coach saw red and snapped, hanging up on his agent.
Goodbye Dragons. The search for a new club continues.
Reagan Campbell-Gillard is looking for a new club. Picture: Getty Images

Reagan Campbell-Gillard is looking for a new club. Picture: Getty Images
Brisbane emerged as the next shock destination for Campbell-Gillard in the wake of the Red V bust-up, but it’s understood the 31-year-old will not be wearing Broncos colours in 2025.
The Broncos have one spot available on their roster but Brisbane have salary-cap pressures and cannot afford Campbell-Gillard, who was on $775,000 this season.
The 31-year-old is currently on the lookout for a new home after the Eels confirmed a release for Campbell-Gillard for the 2025 season.
The former NSW prop is eyeing a three-year deal. It is understood Campbell-Gillard will remain in Sydney next year, although it won’t be with Wayne Bennett’s Rabbitohs, who, like the Broncos, have salary-cap constraints.
The Roosters are losing front-row enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves next season but have ruled out Campbell-Gillard as they blood monster teenager De La Salle Va’a, who made his NRL debut last week.

TheRev

Coach
Gould mentioned 3 parties were talking with RCG and he knew he had told us no-thankyou.. it just flies in the face of "we are focussing on securing from within" that gould has been going on about for the last few months... if indeed they are signing RCG..

possm

Coach
I’d take him at this point … his first 20 vs dogs 2 weeks back was light years ahead of what we have … outshone Paseka. Had a lot of injuries, don’t think he’s a big minute pig anymore
Lodge would be a good addition only if Flanno can land another first-grade prop.

Why not offer RCG a 2-year playing deal followed by a 1-year assistant coach deal (front-row coach of our juniors coming through). To me, this would seem to be of benefit to both parties, while not jeopardizing future recruitment or salary cap issues.

mattw5

Juniors
As annoyed as i am getting f***** around i am glad Flanno has stood up for the club & not allowing us to get bullied, i have been saying all along i think RCG will end up at the Bulldogs looks that way now unless there has been a change of heart & we work it out.

since77

Juniors
I’m sick of this shit , just taking the club for a ride , it pisses me off as a fan and shows how lowly we are considered in the Rugby League World
Even moments like this can be good for us in the long run. At least Flanno has drawn a line in the sand with the player managers. Not long ago we were getting Aaron Woods and Burgess and McCullough & McGuire while the managers laughed all the way to the bank and played us for fools. At least the message is getting out we're not going to be pushovers anymore. I like it.

kit66

Bench
I know we desperately need a middle, but f**k I'm glad Flanno told them to get f**ked

I think you're all reading this the wrong way. RCG's Management used us to push a good deal with the Broncos or other suitors and then reneged on possibly a spoken hint of coming to us. In other words they told Flanno we might sign - then f-off no thanks after using him/us, so I don't see where you get this Flanno did good impression. And it's not the first time, probably not the last.
I can see RCG and Saifiti ending up at the bloody dogs at this rate. We are so useless, it beggars belief.

possm

Coach
f**k the flog
RCG can f**k off to England cause the bloke has now put himself into a corner

No, our CEO should call RCG's management a call to mend the situation. Flanno is under extreme pressure and the club does not have a proper recruitment team. Our CEO should take on the responsibility on this occasion to finalize the deal. At 775k per season this is a good signing for the :Dragons.

since77

Juniors
I think you're all reading this the wrong way. RCG's Management used us to push a good deal with the Broncos or other suitors and then reneged on possibly a spoken hint of coming to us. In other words they told Flanno we might sign - then f-off no thanks after using him/us, so I don't see where you get this Flanno did good impression. And it's not the first time, probably not the last.
I can see RCG and Saifiti ending up at the bloody dogs at this rate. We are so useless, it beggars belief.
Go hand in your resume then because apparently you can do better?

dungay dragon

Juniors
No, our CEO should call RCG's management a call to mend the situation. Flanno is under extreme pressure and the club does not have a proper recruitment team. Our CEO should take on the responsibility on this occasion to finalize the deal. At 775k per season this is a good signing for the :Dragons.
All RCG Manager has to do is reset the conversation with Flanno and get it done
Hangning out for the best possible deal has blown up in their face
May even get the guy at a discounted rate now
Still go after Welch , who the Broncs are angling for and or Hetherington

56to66

Juniors
Unfortunately there's no quick road to success, we have to be patient with Flanno and the whole process, a new approach has to be looked at, No DH policies, including players and managers.
We have to develop our own middles.

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
haha I think you're completely reading this the wrong way, but that's alright

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Gould mentioned 3 parties were talking with RCG and he knew he had told us no-thankyou.. it just flies in the face of "we are focussing on securing from within" that gould has been going on about for the last few months... if indeed they are signing RCG..
Gould is a massive liar lol take anything he says with a grain of salt

Latest posts