What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Jubilee

Juniors
How about this guy D Trindall, double his pay give him 4 years, I have been super impressed with his performances, a real X Factor.
Scumulla cannot keep them all, there salary cap is now stretched having snatched AFB from us.
Drunk, drunk driving, and drug use and not even on a Saturday night but on a Monday morning. The young man has serious problems. Pass.

Victoire

Juniors
Drunk, drunk driving, and drug use and not even on a Saturday night but on a Monday morning. The young man has serious problems. Pass.
We kept a coach after a monday morning drunk driving charge, why should players be any different. Besides, who doesn't love a reformed sinner? About time we were on the good end of a redemption arc.

ps I think Flanno may have worked with him in the past. He was signed to Cronulla while Flanagan was still there in 2018

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
There's a certain forward on our roster who behaved in a way I would regard as a heck of a lot worse and a lot of Dragon's fans think he's a tireless workhorse who should be captain (not me) so I can forgive a stupid thing that many of us might have done something similar to when we were young.
On the other hand Trindall did literally EVERYTHING in a game on the weekend that Hunt constantly fails at. I doubt it would ever happen but he would be a instant upgrade on the CHunt. Smart and he also has that rare knack to completely ass a try out of nothing just by the effort he puts in.

Jubilee

Juniors
There's a certain forward on our roster who behaved in a way I would regard as a heck of a lot worse and a lot of Dragon's fans think he's a tireless workhorse who should be captain (not me) so I can forgive a stupid thing that many of us might have done something similar to when we were young.
On the other hand Trindall did literally EVERYTHING in a game on the weekend that Hunt constantly fails at. I doubt it would ever happen but he would be a instant upgrade on the CHunt. Smart and he also has that rare knack to completely ass a try out of nothing just by the effort he puts in.
1. Corey Norman and Ben Hunt. Two talented players who brought us a decade of failure bcs of their personality issues. If the club had looked at character first, we could have avoided that. We need club leaders with character. I don't want drug takers and people with drug associates anywhere near young players as role models. And Trindall is not young. He is 25 years old, a full grown man.
2. Again, Mary. It makes my point. If we had dealt with his character issues, we would not have had to suffer on with his incompetence.
3. The JDB issue. He committed adultery. I disapprove but it is not against the law, is unfortunately massively common in society, and is an issue which would normally be between him and his family. On the charges, the conclusion of the case was twice that he was innocent. A man is assumed to be innocent until found guilty. Twice juries declined to find him guilty. And btw, I will have the bad manners to point out what no one ever will, that the rate of false SA accusations is thought to be about 5%.
4. I would not support JDB for captain bcs of the negative media.
5. Character matters more for some positions than others. Number 7 is a club leadership position.

Nich

Juniors
1. Corey Norman and Ben Hunt. Two talented players who brought us a decade of failure bcs of their personality issues. If the club had looked at character first, we could have avoided that. We need club leaders with character. I don't want drug takers and people with drug associates anywhere near young players as role models. And Trindall is not young. He is 25 years old, a full grown man.
2. Again, Mary. It makes my point. If we had dealt with his character issues, we would not have had to suffer on with his incompetence.
3. The JDB issue. He committed adultery. I disapprove but it is not against the law, is unfortunately massively common in society, and is an issue which would normally be between him and his family. On the charges, the conclusion of the case was twice that he was innocent. A man is assumed to be innocent until found guilty. Twice juries declined to find him guilty. And btw, I will have the bad manners to point out what no one ever will, that the rate of false SA accusations is thought to be about 5%.
4. I would not support JDB for captain bcs of the negative media.
5. Character matters more for some positions than others. Number 7 is a club leadership position.
I think you would be surprised at the rate of cocaine use in the NRL and General population.
If occasional recreational drug use makes a player a no, you would probably struggle to field 17 RL teams each week.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think you would be surprised at the rate of cocaine use in the NRL and General population.
If occasional recreational drug use makes a player a no, you would probably struggle to field 17 RL teams each week.
A very sad reflection upon just how much society has changed over the years .

I recall the days when there was no drugs , we never heard of them . A man worked hard ( as do today’s bread winners ) during the week to earn a quid for his family and then have a few well deserved beers at the local - usually on a Saturday afternoon .

But the family was always taken care of first before he went out .

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
How about this guy D Trindall, double his pay give him 4 years, I have been super impressed with his performances, a real X Factor.
Scumulla cannot keep them all, there salary cap is now stretched having snatched AFB from us.

Go hard for Trindall as he's testing the market or if Hunt stays, go for their young bloke however, can't see the Sharks letting him go.

He wasn't second fiddle to Hynes and controlled the game and had vision for the penalty try. Th emost important part was he made the right moves re his drinking and admitted he had a problem.

Right age 25 but we won't be alone.

Dragon David

First Grade

I recall the days when there was no drugs , we never heard of them . A man worked hard ( as do today’s bread winners ) during the week to earn a quid for his family and then have a few well deserved beers at the local - usually on a Saturday afternoon .

Exactly how you depict it Gareth. That was the way it was - easy living and simple and not complex.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
If only Lomax was as emotional leaving the Saints as Cook is leaving Souths. And to make it worse, Cook is a Saints junior.

I hope Trindal stays and Sharks need to offer big dollars to keep his which may force Atkinson out. I think he is the guy Saints should target. He looks to be a really good player for the future.
Well he was pretty emotional after our final game and also when he was interviewed as well..

dungay dragon

Juniors
If only Lomax was as emotional leaving the Saints as Cook is leaving Souths. And to make it worse, Cook is a Saints junior.

I hope Trindal stays and Sharks need to offer big dollars to keep his which may force Atkinson out. I think he is the guy Saints should target. He looks to be a really good player for the future.
Seen Lomax inconsolable with his family after the last Dragons game ..
Dont think he produced a video like Cookie did
The whole Lomax thing still grates with me..
So many questions left unanswered.......anyway ...

mattw5

Juniors
Seen Lomax inconsolable with his family after the last Dragons game ..
Dont think he produced a video like Cookie did
The whole Lomax thing still grates with me..
So many questions left unanswered.......anyway ...
Yeah & i also a post from someone saying they tried to get a photo with him after outside the stadium & he said no then proceeded to get photos with other people. Good riddance to him this isn’t the first complaint about him either i have witnessed his arrogance myself.

Sage63

Juniors

Seriously Gareth? there were no drugs? what years are you talking about, because I particularly remember in the early 60s when I was a kid, talking to numerous truckies who were loaded up on speed! Of course the only other drug was alcohol! And plenty of it!

Latest posts