What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

True_Believer

Juniors
View attachment 94616
Small article in todays Daily Telegraph. Lodge still being linked to the Dragons.
If we do sign him, will be interesting to see what impact that has on Blocker given their history. There's always been a bit of competition between them on the field. If he ends up in the team it might force Blocker to pull his finger out.

mattw5

Juniors
If I was a sharks fan.. the ideal scenario is they can move on Kennedy and keep the rest.. I would have thought Trindell would test the market for huge money, but there is some narrative about him repaying the club for being patient with him or some such... god I hate that the other clubs get that when we need players.

While Kennedy is an improvement over Sloane its true.. its not as big as an upgrade as I would have liked.. or even someone like a Hopoate/Faulalo/Campbell/Faalago etc.. someone with big potential...

And can he play centre? Because thats another issue for us.. and ofcourse none of this helps with our halves problem... but as I keep saying.. Ill take any upgrade.. Flanno is obviously trying every angle possible to find them.

Hunt is still contracted so we don't have a halves problem right now, fullback is the problem area at the moment if we keep Hunt for 12 months his money frees up for 2026 to get a half from November 1.

TheRev

Coach
Hunt is still contracted so we don't have a halves problem right now, fullback is the problem area at the moment if we keep Hunt for 12 months his money frees up for 2026 to get a half from November 1.
I'm not sure how dire the Hunt situation/relationship is though.. 12 months ago I think Flanno was open to a trade but also open to keeping him.. im not sure if thats still the case now.. none of us really know the internal politics there.

mattw5

Juniors
I'm not sure how dire the Hunt situation/relationship is though.. 12 months ago I think Flanno was open to a trade but also open to keeping him.. im not sure if thats still the case now.. none of us really know the internal politics there.

Nope, we keep saying we need a halfback but the reality is we don't right now as he is contracted until that changes we need to look at other areas & Fullback is the major one.

Gareth67

First Grade
Get some decent middle forwards and you'll see the fullback and half problems ease.
Some what harder done than said Sloan . Flanagan has tried , unfortunately without much success to date . Although If Lodge did come our way then at least we know there will be another forward in the pack that will give 100% .

Although he would likely fill a gap for a big brutal prop, I really hope we look elsewhere.
I think Lodge is in the background as a fallback plan at the moment.
Think Flanagan is still looking for that one big bopper to lead our pack.
Also think any other back we sign, if not JAC, will be more of a utility styled back.
Holmes or Allan are the ones more than likely to play at fullback if Sloan is injured or gets more time in the KOE Cup.

Latest posts