What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

Coach
I don't believe that there is much you can do about player shortcomings like that. Deep levels of fitness and quick recovery (a big motor) is just a natural gift, like speed. Can't improve it much if you haven't already got it.
This is my view.. no doubt he has improved over 2024, 2 runs is now 3 or 4 great ones.. but the rate of improvement wasnt what we had hoped for after a year without injury (2023 it was fair enough with his sternum injury).

He might make it.. Alec T was close also.. but like you said, we can put years of work into him, but its a 50cc motor powering that huge frame.. and I think we can only tune it so far.. and I'd rather give his spot to one of the other young guns that we will otherwise have to give up.

In the short-term however, I would suggest if we do let him go early, that frees the spot up for the extra halfback we need.. it all depends how Flanno manages to spend the 3 free slots he said he has.. if he wants 2 middles, plus an outside back plus the halves cover then we still need to move atleast 1 more on.

Jubilee

Juniors
This is my view.. no doubt he has improved over 2024, 2 runs is now 3 or 4 great ones.. but the rate of improvement wasnt what we had hoped for after a year without injury (2023 it was fair enough with his sternum injury).

He might make it.. Alec T was close also.. but like you said, we can put years of work into him, but its a 50cc motor powering that huge frame.. and I think we can only tune it so far.. and I'd rather give his spot to one of the other young guns that we will otherwise have to give up.

In the short-term however, I would suggest if we do let him go early, that frees the spot up for the extra halfback we need.. it all depends how Flanno manages to spend the 3 free slots he said he has.. if he wants 2 middles, plus an outside back plus the halves cover then we still need to move atleast 1 more on.
With Hunt having only one season left, we have to be attractive to some skilled half who wants an NRL starting spot.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

"A Mona Vale junior, Boyle played high-level touch football and can be seen either in the halves or at fullback - he was Manly's primary goal-kicker last season.

"Charlie Boyle is a 17-year-old local junior from Mona Vale. A naturally talented player, Charlie is equally adaptable at half-back and full-back," Manly SG Ball Cup coach Nathan Hogan told Manly Media at the beginning of the year when asked who to watch out for."

Apologies if this has already been posted.

"A Mona Vale junior, Boyle played high-level touch football and can be seen either in the halves or at fullback - he was Manly's primary goal-kicker last season.

"Charlie Boyle is a 17-year-old local junior from Mona Vale. A naturally talented player, Charlie is equally adaptable at half-back and full-back," Manly SG Ball Cup coach Nathan Hogan told Manly Media at the beginning of the year when asked who to watch out for."
Competition for Reed

possm

Coach

I would like it if we could entice Schnider from Penrith to sign with us. He sits behind Cleary but could be our first choice for our first grade 6 or 7.

Jubilee

Juniors
Yeah doesn’t sound a lot but shows clubs are working & we are just silent.

Curran - Re-Signs
Feagai - Announced at the Dolphins
Manly & Cowboys - Doing a swap deal
Tigers announce coaching staff for 2025
We could have announced signing Feagai but chose not to.

mattw5

Juniors
Yeah & i have been full of praise for that by saying its an upgrade on Lomax i have said previously we can’t be too critical after landing him & Cook but that’s almost 2 months ago nothing since as i am typing this i have just read that Lodge has been shopped to the super league no Saifiti, RCG & now possibly Lodge wtf are we doing.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have a feeling that the Dragons workhorse - JDB will begin to show his age next season and as a result a lot of his defensive work will need to be shared by his teammates in the pack.

So the quicker we do sign at least one big bod who knows how to tackle , all the better for the team .

mattw5

Juniors
I have a feeling that the Dragons workhorse - JDB will begin to show his age next season and as a result a lot of his defensive work will need to be shared by his teammates in the pack.

So the quicker we do sign at least one big bod who knows how to tackle , all the better for the team .
100% towards the back end of the year he had less impact i also think Eisenhuth was running on old legs

Latest posts