What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
He has been talking rubbish for over a year now, in hindsight, probably should have let him walk last year. Can’t have your captain wanting out then try to turn him around, was never going to work.
It does mean we need some experience now, so maybe Gutho slots in at half.

56to66

Juniors
Normally fans get excited with the signing of a quality player, BH was probably the biggest signing St George had made since I can't remember, his departure has created more joy than ever before, Flanno kept repeating in the pressers, he had team that should be playing finals footy, the man next to him couldn't give a crap. Anthony Mundine used to cop a lot of criticism over his out spoken behaviour, Choc was a 10x better player than BH, this is BH rep honours.
2014–23Australia1540016
2017–24Queensland2050020
2014–23Prime Minister's XIII5030

this is Anthony Mundines rep honours.

1996NSW City Origin10000
1999New South Wales31004
the NRL is and will always remain a Joke!
Talk about saying sorry!

justadragon

Bench
Normally fans get excited with the signing of a quality player, BH was probably the biggest signing St George had made since I can't remember, his departure has created more joy than ever before, Flanno kept repeating in the pressers, he had team that should be playing finals footy, the man next to him couldn't give a crap. Anthony Mundine used to cop a lot of criticism over his out spoken behaviour, Choc was a 10x better player than BH, this is BH rep honours.
2014–23Australia1540016
2017–24Queensland2050020
2014–23Prime Minister's XIII5030

this is Anthony Mundines rep honours.

1996NSW City Origin10000
1999New South Wales31004
the NRL is and will always remain a Joke!
Talk about saying sorry!
Can agree with you to some extent mate, but Mundine did himself no favours with his attitude and outspoken behaviour. Look at Mitchell and now JAC who could be coming to the Dragons, what would we be saying about him if he pulls the same stunt on the Dragons that he did with the Dogs. Yes I loved watching Mundine play as well, but he had to learn to keep his mouth shut at certain times, which he never did unfortunately.

56to66

Juniors
Can agree with you to some extent mate, but Mundine did himself no favours with his attitude and outspoken behaviour. Look at Mitchell and now JAC who could be coming to the Dragons, what would we be saying about him if he pulls the same stunt on the Dragons that he did with the Dogs. Yes I loved watching Mundine play as well, but he had to learn to keep his mouth shut at certain times, which he never did
I didn't think he said anything whilst playing league that was totally extreme to warrant him not being selected, there are certain things he said after playing league that could have hurt his selections, you know if you take into account what we are fed by main stream media, we wouldn't have any media at all.

BigRedVee

Juniors
When the club captain describes the club in interviews as “they” you know it’s over
Yep, our marquee player and club captain refers to the club (his employer) as ‘they’ to the media causing further repetitional damage to our brand via another media frenzy when we are trying to sign players.

He chose to extend his contract for 24 and 25 and this is how our leader behaves, it’s absolutely disgusting and the club deserves better.

since77

Juniors
Can agree with you to some extent mate, but Mundine did himself no favours with his attitude and outspoken behaviour. Look at Mitchell and now JAC who could be coming to the Dragons, what would we be saying about him if he pulls the same stunt on the Dragons that he did with the Dogs. Yes I loved watching Mundine play as well, but he had to learn to keep his mouth shut at certain times, which he never did unfortunately.
I can't cop Mundine as a person (just his general attitude and opinions) but he was fair dinkum dudded out of a heap of representative honours at times when he was clearly the best player in his position. Just like Blacklock (who is a deadest legend), Mundine was the victim of either gross negligence and incompetence from the rep selectors.........or just blatant racism........or that BS myth that only certain types of players are "Origin" players.

Jubilee

Juniors
Are the Sharks going to let Atkinson go ?
I can stomach keeping Hunt for 2025 and not getting Atkinson until 2026 if that is how it plays out. It would at least give us some stability for planning. But would Cronulla like to have him as their 2025 reserve half if they knew he was going? Would they care?

CozDragon

Juniors
I can't cop Mundine as a person (just his general attitude and opinions) but he was fair dinkum dudded out of a heap of representative honours at times when he was clearly the best player in his position. Just like Blacklock (who is a deadest legend), Mundine was the victim of either gross negligence and incompetence from the rep selectors.........or just blatant racism........or that BS myth that only certain types of players are "Origin" players.
Both Mundine & Blacklock were let down badly by the selectors, I'd say it was a mix of negligence/incompetence/ playing favourites & blatant racism.

How Blacklock never got picked for NSW & only 2 games for Aus is a disgrace.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Both Mundine & Blacklock were let down badly by the selectors, I'd say it was a mix of negligence/incompetence/ playing favourites & blatant racism.

How Blacklock never got picked for NSW & only 2 games for Aus is a disgrace.

I'm still pissed off about it. We should really link up with him to scout some kids in the country too.

Victoire

Juniors
It was deadset criminal that Mundine didn't make the Australian team at the end of the 99 season. He played 3 games in the Origin series that year, with Fittler and Daley both in the team. His form actually improved after Origin - culminating in that 99 prelim masterclass. Laurie Daley retired from rep footy and wouldn't be playing in the end of season Tests. Mundine was the logical choice alongside Fittler. The selectors chose Matt Johns instead. Joke.

Latest posts