What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flat attack

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't know if you've been reading the papers, but we've won 3 out of 7 games this year, and we sure as shit didn't win them with our defence.

We sure didn't win them with our attack either. We've scored less points than any other side in the competition this year.

guruminga

Juniors
We sure didn't win them with our attack either. We've scored less points than any other side in the competition this year.

And we've conceded more points than all teams except the bunny rabbits.

It's a sad state of affairs whichever way you look at it.

G

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
22 to 24 points is high scoring? Ok then if you say so.

Considering the teams we beat in those three wins scored at least 18 points in each game, I'd say yes they were.

However,

24-18 (42 total points)
22-20 (42)
22-18 (40)

The average match this year has featured 39.6 total points, so I guess our wins have only been above average for total points. Still, at least they weren't below average - they've been more attacking games than defensive games.

Runaround Man

Juniors
About half way through the Titans game our 'luck' seemed to change. We started to get all the calls. THen the team confidence increased.

I honestly have a good feeling about the team at the moment. Not sure if we will win this week but I am confident we will surprise many with the quality of our play.

Re; our halves, I think they played as well if not better than Prince did. The options are starting to flow. Having Jarryd out has been good. A bit of time for the halves and the rest of the backs to actually realise that they can play and they can score points without passing it to Jarryd.

Eels Dude

Coach
About half way through the Titans game our 'luck' seemed to change. We started to get all the calls. THen the team confidence increased.

I honestly have a good feeling about the team at the moment. Not sure if we will win this week but I am confident we will surprise many with the quality of our play.

Re; our halves, I think they played as well if not better than Prince did. The options are starting to flow. Having Jarryd out has been good. A bit of time for the halves and the rest of the backs to actually realise that they can play and they can score points without passing it to Jarryd.

:lol: and :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Considering the teams we beat in those three wins scored at least 18 points in each game, I'd say yes they were.

However,

24-18 (42 total points)
22-20 (42)
22-18 (40)

The average match this year has featured 39.6 total points, so I guess our wins have only been above average for total points. Still, at least they weren't below average - they've been more attacking games than defensive games.

We also got beaten 38 - 0 by Melbourne and 20-6 by the Panthers. The former being around the same total as you mentioned but we certainly don't deserve credit for that. The latter was a low scoring game because of our attack also.

Your point doesn't make much sense. In the games we've won we've scored as much points as our opposition but goal kicking has been the difference. Hardly winning games due to great attack.

PCRL

Juniors
I agree with strider in regards to the attitude. It needs a lift. Even when we force a mistake through a good hit etc, not many are in there slapping eachother on the back etc. I guess this sort of stuff goes hand in hand with confidence.
High fivvve

The Engineers Room

First Grade

However,

24-18 (42 total points)
22-20 (42)
22-18 (40)

I think that says more about the opposition defence. But my point is not only scoring points it is about using our attack to gain momentum in games.