What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (May 2nd,MGM)

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Max kellerman copping it. Wanted pacquiao to win and thought he did enough. That being said he was up against the best defensive fighter in the world and was always going to need a KO to win, judges would never have given him a decision win

nick87

Coach
Im no boxing expert, i watch it once in a blue moon for big fights like this. Especially when there is a piece of shit like Mayweather in the ring with a guy who can beat him... but even as a bloke who had money on Manny and hates Mayweather, to my eyes Mayweather won that comfortably.

El Diablo

Post Whore
CED3nPOUIAA8UeA.jpg

undertaker

Coach
no was watching a fight today, boxing is dead. no one will ever buy into the hype of a 'once in a century' boxing match again.

and people paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to watch two men dance.

This.

Sucked into all those ppl who either wasted their time watching or forked out money on this PPV.

GongPanther

Referee
Weren't some concerned this was going to overlap with the Test?

I was.

But a couple of the fights on the card didn't go the distance...so I heard.

I couldn't find a stream so I'll see it on u tube

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Unfortunately the fight pretty much went exactly as I thought it would. Manny was the aggressor but largely failed to make an impression on Floyd who although is not as exciting to watch is just almost impossible to hit. When you come at him his counter punching is just too accurate and efficient.

Manny definitely rocked him a few times and at the end of the 4th I thought we had a fight on our hands but Mayweather was just too strong the further the fight went.

All in all though I thought it was enjoyable fight except the last couple of rounds which were very disappointing considering I thought Manny would know he was behind and try and go for the knockout. If anything though it seemed Mayweather was actually the aggressor in the last couple, which leads to the theory that Manny actually thought he was winning.

doyen

Bench
Manny was pushing the proverbial uphill.

Fighting away from home in his opposition's country.

The ref & 3 judges from the USA--& apparently Manny went in with an injured shoulder.

Mayweather had all weighted in his favour.

Typical yankee crap!!!

Danish

Referee
Watched the fight. Will be the last one I bother with.

I'm of the opinion that Mayweather won it. Maybe Manny picked up 1-2 more rounds than they judged him to, but Mayweather still ultimately won more. Thats besides the point though.

This was supposed to be the fight of the century, and it was just boring as f**k. Maybe 3 well landed punches that actually had some sting in them in 12 bloody rounds of dancing around, running away, and then simply grappling whenever things got a bit tough. Snoozefest.

Honestly, when was the last title fight held in which 1 figher wasn't heavy favourite? I feel like there is 1 decent title bout every 3-4 years in boxing, with the rest just being complete non-events.

Also, Max Kellerman is the biggest douche on the planet. Even Mayweather showed a more respect for his opponent than that wanker

kdalymc

Bench
those that say boxing is boring are probably the same people that say mma isnt hugging on the ground

Danish

Referee
those that say boxing is boring are probably the same people that say mma isnt hugging on the ground

The way Mayweather boxes is boring. The way they get to just pick their own opponents and can dodge fights their entire careers is boring. The fact so few world title fights are a genuine contest is extremely boring.

Watching 2 genuinely matched guys go for it in a boxing ring is better than any MMA fight going round, but how often does that honestly happen? Thats the only thing MMA has over boxing really. Its ability to force well matched opponents to fight each other with regularity.

Still can't watch it though once they go to ground though. Grappling is the most boring thing to watch in the world.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

hugging the ground is called wrestling. wrestling is just one discipline. there are dozens of other disciplines that involve stand up in mma, and it is far more skillful being able to compete with and against multiple disciplines than it is saying you can only use your hands,.... + saying that ring control/aggression makes not one iota difference to determining the result.

you boofhoods got what you asked for.

The Cobra

Juniors
The way Mayweather boxes is boring. The way they get to just pick their own opponents and can dodge fights their entire careers is boring. The fact so few world title fights are a genuine contest is extremely boring.

Watching 2 genuinely matched guys go for it in a boxing ring is better than any MMA fight going round, but how often does that honestly happen? Thats the only thing MMA has over boxing really. Its ability to force well matched opponents to fight each other with regularity.

Still can't watch it though once they go to ground though. Grappling is the most boring thing to watch in the world.

Have been a boxing fan all my life,seen most of Floyd's fights.He is possibly the best defensive fighter I've seen in the past 50years BUT he is extremely boring to watch.Michael Spinks was defensive fighter but when he came up against Tyson he decided to stand in front of him & got KOd in 90 seconds.I really do think if Mayweather decided to stand & trade with Manny it could be a whole different fight.I am not deriding Floyds speed or skill, I just think if every time Manny came forward he stayed & trade the result could be alot different especiallyif it happened 4-5 years ago.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
ill begrudgingly give it to mayweather but the judge that scored it 118-110 should be taken out the back and flogged.
it proved manny had no chance.
all Floyd had to do was get to the end of the 12th to win.

Mayweather ran like a thief.
I feel sorry for all the punters who payed good money to watch the fight at the venue.
It will probably go down as one of the most boring fights of this century and where only 15 years into it.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I am 100% sure kostya tsyu would knock maywether out in the 7-8th round when kostya was at his best.
he had the technique to stop his antics

Latest posts