What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R5 - Panthers v Eels *Spoilers/Discussion*

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tahu and Hayne made breaks at will tonight, and Tim Smith should've scored himself if he didn't pass.

mxlegend99

Referee
BD5733 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What about the people J-Walking across the road after the game? What would have lined up for them?

15-20 year stint in Long Bay?
2 shots directly too the head on 2 seperate players.

He will definitely not play next week, if he gets away for both, there's something wrong. The shot on Wallace was so much worse then on Wesser, and the referee didn't even award a penalty.

Jono078

Referee
I dont get Parra...

Theyve been pretty ordinary this year imo, yet have 3 wins from 5 games..

Anyway well done to them.

I also thought Hayne was hopeless.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jono078 said:
I dont get Parra...

Theyve been pretty ordinary this year imo, yet have 3 wins from 5 games..

Anyway well done to them.

I also thought Hayne was hopeless.

Parra have been good the last 2 weeks

innsaneink

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
Ref was a joke. Missed some high shots.

Grothe nearly took Wallace's head off. Gets away with it. WHen he done the same to Wesser, it should have been a repeat offence. Guarantee he won't play next week, probably 3-4 weeks minimum.

That said, we f**ked up. We had a few chances that we blew. But we done far more defending then we should have had to. I dunno, i just know we're going to go and upset the Storm. It's just so typical Penrith, lose the easier home games to then win the games we should get snapped in.

Wallace got it in the chest....miss the replay?

That said, we f**ked up.

Yeh, you got that right at least.

innsaneink

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
2 shots directly too the head on 2 seperate players.

He will definitely not play next week, if he gets away for both, there's something wrong. The shot on Wallace was so much worse then on Wesser, and the referee didn't even award a penalty.

:lol: Chest high tackle.
No idea.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
C.P said:
Penrith were definately fortunate that Parra was quite inept at times as well otherwise they would of been lapped by 50.

Shayne Hayne is an absolute bozo, luckily his comic capers went both ways so it didnt affect the result but deadset there were some ordinary calls. The video ref should be charged as an accommplice for his no try ruling against Burt in the 1st half as well. Should of been a try no doubt.

It looked to me like all of Penriths Kiwi's were saving themselves for the Test Match next week, none of them wanted to get involved and hurt something. Pritchard and Frank and Tony Puletua were passengers. Hindmarsh busting Scotts tackle then running past Pritchard to score without him raising a finger was Exhibit A.

Finch is still rubbish.

Rabbits Warren is colour blind. Its nothing new for him but deadset this bloke must crap his pants every time he sees Penrith on the Channel 9 broadcast calender these days. Puletuas 1 + 2, Pritchard, Wesser, Jennings, Moors etc Rabbits has no idea which one is which, he seems to just take a punt and hope for the best and more often than not its the wrong one.

Dunno about that mate - Pritchard was into everything - his offload set up a try

Tony Puletua didnt play any worse than any other games this season - hes been playing average, i wouldnt pick him in the kiwis

Jono078

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
I dont think so, theyve been ok, and their last 2 opponents have been rubbish.

But what's winning it for Parra atm is their goal line defence. Besides that I havnt thought too much about them yet.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jono078 said:
I dont think so, theyve been ok, and their last 2 opponents have been rubbish.

But what's winning it for Parra atm is their goal line defence. Besides that I havnt thought too much about them yet.

I think there good defense has won them the games, a sign of good team spirit, agree to disagree on this one.

mxlegend99

Referee
innsaneink said:
:lol: Chest high tackle.
No idea.
Sure, if the chest is in hte centre of his face.

I was at the game, sitting right where it happened in the second row. They replayed it on the screen several times, it was a high shot. It hit him in the face and that's where the first and last contact was. If you think it hit his chest, you're without an idea.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
Sure, if the chest is in hte centre of his face.

I was at the game, sitting right where it happened in the second row. They replayed it on the screen several times, it was a high shot. It hit him in the face and that's where the first and last contact was. If you think it hit his chest, you're without an idea.

What difference does it make if you saw it live at the game? do they show something that viewers don't see:sarcasm:

It was a nothing tackle

Mark_S

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:

Mate your kidding right?

Even as a die hard Eels fans. I think they have been very lucky wins in the past 2 weeks. We would have copped a flogging off any other side last week, the only reason we won was due to Canberra being even worse than us. It was a case of 2 dreadful teams with the luckiest one winning.

This week we looked better, but Penrith were much stronger up the centre of the ruck. Look at how our forwards struggled to make any decent yards. Penrith seemed to do it with ease.

Tim Smith and the outside backs looked pretty good tonight, but the forwards need a little more mongrel, if the Eels are going to be a serious top 8 contender.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well i didn't think we we're to flash last night, but we'll take the 2 points. BTW it should have been 14 - 2 after Burt's no try ruling, i thought it was a good effort to come back after that setback. It was a 10 point turnaround who's know what would have happened if that try was awarded.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, we weren't too impressive, Panfers gifted us the game

but then again, we had Finch and Ward to deal with, so that evened things up for me

Mark_S

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I agree, we weren't too impressive, Panfers gifted us the game

but then again, we had Finch and Ward to deal with, so that evened things up for me

I guess all that matters is we got away with the points in both games. It is still early in the season and there were some very good signs from Tim Smith, Ben Smith, Tahu, Burt, Hayne and Grothe last night. I am still not convinced that Finch is the answer at 5/8. I hoped to see Blake Green there last night.

Still a team needs time to gel and 3 from 5 is a ok start to the season.

Munky

Coach
The Parra forwards were terrible last night. Struggled to make 30 metres a set.

Penrith on the other hand went 50 every time. Just a shame we lack any penetration.

miniHINDY

Juniors
Mark_S said:
Mate your kidding right?

Even as a die hard Eels fans. I think they have been very lucky wins in the past 2 weeks. We would have copped a flogging off any other side last week, the only reason we won was due to Canberra being even worse than us. It was a case of 2 dreadful teams with the luckiest one winning.

This week we looked better, but Penrith were much stronger up the centre of the ruck. Look at how our forwards struggled to make any decent yards. Penrith seemed to do it with ease.

Tim Smith and the outside backs looked pretty good tonight, but the forwards need a little more mongrel, if the Eels are going to be a serious top 8 contender.

Of course we are a top 8 contender.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
C.P said:
It looked to me like all of Penriths Kiwi's were saving themselves for the Test Match next week, none of them wanted to get involved and hurt something. Pritchard and Frank and Tony Puletua were passengers. Hindmarsh busting Scotts tackle then running past Pritchard to score without him raising a finger was Exhibit A.

What game were you watching! Frank Puletua got Penriths Man of the Match award, he was outstanding last night in a beaten side.

Latest posts