What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R5 - Panthers v Eels *Spoilers/Discussion*

pantherz9103

First Grade
f**king hopeless. We're is the form of rounds 2 and 3. Did it even ever happen?

While our loss was own fault would somebody please shoot Shayne Hayne. The worst referee in the game :x

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Panthers are pretenders.
Just like the Broncos

Yes we are, maybe we'll fluke it to the 8 but I doubt it. Then again we might somehow fluke a win next week in Melbourne, knowing us :x
Could you have included a Spoiler? I was trying to cover the right side of the screen :crazy:

I now know the score. Atleast my new second team got up tonight :p

P.S. Shayne Hayne must die

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Blame your players, not the referee.
Your team BLEW that game

I know we blew it! Noone is more annoyed with them than me.

But Hayne was still DREADFUL!

I'm happy we're playing the Storm next week because I expect to lose and lose by alot, so a competitive showing might be acceptable under those circumstances.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Whilst I agree that Hayne was dreadful to both teams (hey - that penalty against Grothe for not playing the ball when he was clearly jogging back to the mark to play it was ridiculous), to say that Penrith lost the match because of themselves is taking everything away from the Eels.

I'm not saying they were brilliant, but they played quite well, particularly in defense, and scored some scintillating tries (including one that was disallowed).

pantherz9103

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Whilst I agree that Hayne was dreadful to both teams (hey - that penalty against Grothe for not playing the ball when he was clearly jogging back to the mark to play it was ridiculous), to say that Penrith lost the match because of themselves is taking everything away from the Eels.

I'm not saying they were brilliant, but they played quite well, particularly in defense, and scored some scintillating tries (including one that was disallowed).

I'm just getting sick of us being talked up and failing to deliver. Its just false dawn after false dawn with this mob. Most people were tipping us in the rugby league week and as a panther fan I was hoping we bounce back, but we find a way to lose again at home.

How can a team justify winning v the dogs and broncos and then losing to the eels and titans at home :( ??

Sure the Eels are now playing alot better now than the first two games but a better side than us would have won that game. I hate to say it but we should look to get a new halfback. Gower's past it and his consistently unremarkable performances are a big hinderance to us. If we had Thurston with the rest of the team we have we'd be killing it.

Bicey_18

Bench
Dunno what game you were watching.... Penrith were far the better team, their forwards killed Parra ... just poor handling at times cost them

pantherz9103

First Grade
Bicey_18 said:
just poor handling at times cost them

This weeks shopping list
superglue.gif
1bizglasses,0.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
Ref was a joke. Missed some high shots.

Grothe nearly took Wallace's head off. Gets away with it. WHen he done the same to Wesser, it should have been a repeat offence. Guarantee he won't play next week, probably 3-4 weeks minimum.

That said, we f**ked up. We had a few chances that we blew. But we done far more defending then we should have had to. I dunno, i just know we're going to go and upset the Storm. It's just so typical Penrith, lose the easier home games to then win the games we should get snapped in.

BD5733

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Grothe nearly took Wallace's head off. Gets away with it. WHen he done the same to Wesser, it should have been a repeat offence. Guarantee he won't play next week, probably 3-4 weeks minimum.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What about the people J-Walking across the road after the game? What would have lined up for them?

15-20 year stint in Long Bay?

the_eel

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Ref was a joke. Missed some high shots.

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is the funniest thing i've heard all night.

C.P

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Parra should have beaten them by 50. That no try to Parra was absolute BS.

Penrith were definately fortunate that Parra was quite inept at times as well otherwise they would of been lapped by 50.

Shayne Hayne is an absolute bozo, luckily his comic capers went both ways so it didnt affect the result but deadset there were some ordinary calls. The video ref should be charged as an accommplice for his no try ruling against Burt in the 1st half as well. Should of been a try no doubt.

It looked to me like all of Penriths Kiwi's were saving themselves for the Test Match next week, none of them wanted to get involved and hurt something. Pritchard and Frank and Tony Puletua were passengers. Hindmarsh busting Scotts tackle then running past Pritchard to score without him raising a finger was Exhibit A.

Finch is still rubbish.

Rabbits Warren is colour blind. Its nothing new for him but deadset this bloke must crap his pants every time he sees Penrith on the Channel 9 broadcast calender these days. Puletuas 1 + 2, Pritchard, Wesser, Jennings, Moors etc Rabbits has no idea which one is which, he seems to just take a punt and hope for the best and more often than not its the wrong one.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
Dunno what game you were watching.... Penrith were far the better team, their forwards killed Parra ... just poor handling at times cost them

How many trys did Parra bomb? about 5 or 6? Penrith didn't bomb any but had better go forward.

Latest posts