What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
credit where it is due, has learnt to win without SJ. Also has the "lads" playing very well.

Long season, but certainly all points look very good.

Kata has been ok the last month or so IMO. Hiku however has not been good at all defensively.

I’m not sure how Hiku has not had the arm grab coached out of him yet. Harris for the most part has saved his backside this season.

I held my breathe everytime they attacked down his side last night, lucky the players had his back

Cold Roses

Juniors
I'm not saying Kearney will work miracles at the Warriors in one year or two & I'd be asking those same questions as you all too if next year doesn't see a big improvement - but I believe there will be and over the next couple of years the culture, the attitude and the success of the warriors will prove me right. :p

I will be the first to apologise if I'm wrong.:oops:

Enjoying the season Cloud?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Enjoying the season Cloud?
Absolutely!
Knew this was on the cards but was trying to temper my expectations a little lol. Hoping Kearney & his team go all the way...kiwi supporter no matter the club & how good is it having a kiwi coach getting some respect (although grudgingly by a lot) might open the door for a few more to aspire to nrl coaching?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Absolutely!
Knew this was on the cards but was trying to temper my expectations a little lol. Hoping Kearney & his team go all the way...kiwi supporter no matter the club & how good is it having a kiwi coach getting some respect (although grudgingly by a lot) might open the door for a few more to aspire to nrl coaching?

Success for me this year will be the Team continuing to play with improvement and actually seeming to give half a shit. Top 8, Top 4 and beyond will just be cream on top. Like you said, I'm just stoked that Kearney looks to have adapted and shown that he does have the ability. It would make it all the sweeter if we actually won a comp with a Kiwi Head Coach.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I just gotta say, regardless of the reasons why it's happening, my weekends at the moment feel freakin' amazing knowing that my team is winning, and that there's every chance they'll be competitive for the rest of the season. Haven't felt like this for ages. (Well 6 years anyway) I even feel great getting up on Monday mornings.

sup42

Juniors
Massive challenge for Kearney with Luke out, a demoralized squad,

Lots of questions to answer in regards to the defensive line, the loss of rhythm from dummy half...and facing a determined Tigers outfit.

They had to pick themselves up after the loss to the Broncos and did so admirably, however this latest loss will hit much harder.

Last years Dragons after getting a thirty point thumping by Melbourne disappeared into obscurity...despite having won six of Seven up until that point.

Kearney finds himself perched precariously where Mary McGregor lost his way in 2017.

Looking forward to seeing if we can think our way back to the race.

Massive challenge for Kearney with Luke out, a demoralized squad,

Lots of questions to answer in regards to the defensive line, the loss of rhythm from dummy half...and facing a determined Tigers outfit.

They had to pick themselves up after the loss to the Broncos and did so admirably, however this latest loss will hit much harder.

Last years Dragons after getting a thirty point thumping by Melbourne disappeared into obscurity...despite having won six of Seven up until that point.

Kearney finds himself perched precariously where Mary McGregor lost his way in 2017.

Looking forward to seeing if we can think our way back to the race.

Dragons slide was due to Widdop injury for 6 weeks with knee injury.

So we may have a similar situation with Luke. But not quite as important as Widdop was to 2017 Dragons.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Will be interesting to see what SK does about what I thought was pretty inaffectual attack within 5-10 meters on our left side. Several time Ken tried to barge his way through and came up cold. Gelling the same. Just seemed like no spark when it counted. Our go to attacking weapon seemed to be the kick and Storms D had pretty much no issues what so ever there. Hopefully with SJ and Tohu back next week they’ll steady the ship!!

spear tackle

Juniors
What ever happens , happens. They have already exceeded my expectations I had before the season kicked off, so long as they go down fighting its an improvement.
Still its a bit of a worry to loose one hooker and have several others on the books and seemingly no one up to the task of filling in. I want to be proven wrong

JJ

Immortal
Whatever happened to Cherrington? Not in the top squad? There were big wraps on him a few years back

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kearney said his process was three years, so far we are gradually improving. Things are building up well so next year holds some expectations for me that include a grand final.

Can we win it this year? I think the Storm will take it out personally but making the top 8 would be a successful season for Kearneys Warriors. So far we need 8 more wins, from 16 games, to guarantee us a spot in the 8.

Lets gone Warriors...

Blair

Coach
...Lets gone Warriors...

Maybe I had a crap night's sleep, which is true, but I still don't think that's the main reason I've suddenly turned dog on the Warriors first grade.

I want to be strong and say they've let me down once too often.

You simply cannot trust them to do the right thing by us.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
You simply cannot trust them to do the right thing by us.
Like last year when we were beating the Panthers by 30 something to nil in the first half and then we got thrashed in the second half. Were the kind of team that can pull off a good upset win against the top team in the comp one week, and then have 30 points put on us to lose to the worst team in the comp the very next week.

Blair

Coach
Like last year when we were beating the Panthers by 30 something to nil in the first half and then we got thrashed in the second half. Were the kind of team that can pull off a good upset win against the top team in the comp one week, and then have 30 points put on us to lose to the worst team in the comp the very next week.

It's a circus act, and we're not taken seriously on both sides of the Tasman.

Canberra came into the comp in 1982, by 1994 they'd played in five grand finals and won three premierships.

Aussie workmates had a knowing smile this week. Anzac Day was a high profile game and in eighty minutes we put ourselves right where our critics expect us to be. Ditto rugby union workmates in NZ, according to a couple of relatives.

My workmates in Sydney don't want us to fail by the way. They just shake their heads at the ongoing failure.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

But that hasn't been true the last 3-4 years. We've beaten F all top 8 teams since McFudd took over.

I really don't understand the negative sentiment (not just from you). We're 5-2. We're third. Just over a week ago it was euphoria all around after we beat the ladder leaders, and did it reasonably convincingly. We've shown signs of being a well-drilled, fit, mentally strong side with depth in key positions. But now we've been pantsed once by a red-hot Storm team with us having a shedload of injuries to key players, it's back to the same old shit? I don't get it.

OK so if anyone had illusions of grandeur that we'd win the comp, they probably had the rug pulled out from under them last week. I'd suggest that should never have been a feeling.

Now that we're getting cattle back and have three home games and one away v the sub-par Eels before the bye, I'd suggest just hold onto the 'we suck again' stuff for a bit.