What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau joins the Dragons

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I did provide a source.

Look at the word 'Link' in my post, click on it if you like.

I await your retraction. If you're honest enough to do so.

Got me there, I admit. The word “link” is the same colour as the rest of the text, hence my insouciance.

Oh well, shit happens...I’m only human after all. There’s my retraction. Nothing wrong with my honesty/accountability though...cheers for the unnecessary insinuation.

Still, your source (SBS) refers to “ScoMo” damning Folau. As previously mentioned, a self serving politician has about the same level of credibility as a three dollar note.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And no, I didn’t fork out a bean....didn’t need to because it was obvious that the ARU’s so-called Code Of Conduct (provided Folau agreed to such in imposition..,doubtful) would eventually be deemed illegal.
Except that It was never deemed illegal because it never reached judgement.

But it's good that you were ready to donate to Folau's cause.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Got me there, I admit. The word “link” is the same colour as the rest of the text, hence my insouciance.
Yes, it's also known as checking your facts. When attempting a rational debate, I find presenting facts to be quite helpful, and far better than saying "only god knows the truth" as a means to win an argument.
Oh well, shit happens...I’m only human after all. There’s my retraction. Nothing wrong with my honesty/accountability though...cheers for the unnecessary insinuation.

Still, your source (SBS) refers to “ScoMo” damning Folau. As previously mentioned, a self serving politician has about the same level of credibility as a three dollar note.
Haha. The fake backdown. No insinuation necessary, you just provided proof.of your duplicity.

And get his nickname right, it's Scotty from Marketing.

The reason why I gave examples from a conservative politician, a right-wing radio jock and members of the clergy was because they would be last people to criticise Folau. Normally, they would back a fellow christian. But it's clear he has even lost the support of these well known conservatives.

If I found quotes from pro-gay marriage sources, you wouldn't accept those either. It shows that regardless of the weight of proof, you will never agree that Folau is out-of-step with majority view.

I've said before that I'm not here to change your mind, I never thought you were able to do that. I post to expose the lack of logic in your argument, even if you can't see it yourself.

And before you bring up the donations thing again, I urge you to research it. Folau's support base largely comes from the Australian Christian Lobby. The ACL claim to have 150,000 members - so not hard to raise a couple of million dollars, and we can only wonder what happened to that money given the matter was settled out-of-court.. Anyway, the ACL have stated their aims, which include bringing a greater christian influence to Australian politics (Link). And they clearly believe they speak the only truth, which by itself may be cause for concern. Folau is a favourite in the ACL, and possibly part of their greater plan. It'll be interesting to see where he heads after his playing career is done. A push for the senate perhaps?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes, it's also known as checking your facts. When attempting a rational debate, I find presenting facts to be quite helpful, and far better than saying "only god knows the truth" as a means to win an argument.
Haha. The fake backdown. No insinuation necessary, you just provided proof.of your duplicity.

And get his nickname right, it's Scotty from Marketing.

The reason why I gave examples from a conservative politician, a right-wing radio jock and members of the clergy was because they would be last people to criticise Folau. Normally, they would back a fellow christian. But it's clear he has even lost the support of these well known conservatives.

If I found quotes from pro-gay marriage sources, you wouldn't accept those either. It shows that regardless of the weight of proof, you will never agree that Folau is out-of-step with majority view.

I've said before that I'm not here to change your mind, I never thought you were able to do that. I post to expose the lack of logic in your argument, even if you can't see it yourself.

And before you bring up the donations thing again, I urge you to research it. Folau's support base largely comes from the Australian Christian Lobby. The ACL claim to have 150,000 members - so not hard to raise a couple of million dollars, and we can only wonder what happened to that money given the matter was settled out-of-court.. Anyway, the ACL have stated their aims, which include bringing a greater christian influence to Australian politics (Link). And they clearly believe they speak the only truth, which by itself may be cause for concern. Folau is a favourite in the ACL, and possibly part of their greater plan. It'll be interesting to see where he heads after his playing career is done. A push for the senate perhaps?

You lost me...well,before this actually ...by describing Jones as a “fellow Christian”.

Hardly.

There you go again with the “majority” nonsense sans evidence. Whatever helps you get by, I suppose.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
That's ok young fella. This thread is done and dusted. Questions asked and answers given.

Your 'contributions' to the discussion have been duly noted.

Cheers Big Ears, don’t know the “young fella” part though. I turn a year older on Tuesday, Staring 50 in the face.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sigh.

Inverted commas are often used to denote “sarcasm”.

https://grammarfactory.com/grammar-goodies/use-quotation-marks-like-an-expert/
Thanks pigeon, well aware of that.

Now that you’ve done a bit of research on quotation marks, you’ll realise you can’t use them for both words in that same sentence to have the same sarcastic meaning.

Are you sarcastically calling me a thief or are you sarcastically saying bad properties are my attributes?

It can’t be both.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Thanks pigeon, well aware of that.

Now that you’ve done a bit of research on quotation marks, you’ll realise you can’t use them for both words in that same sentence to have the same sarcastic meaning.

Are you sarcastically calling me a thief or are you sarcastically saying bad properties are my attributes?

It can’t be both.

If you cannot see inverted commas associated with the five descriptions, I’d say with confidence, that it’s option A.