What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

spiderdan

Bench
and that is not correct either ... he was $250K - and there was most likely anywhere up to $200K cap allowance for long service ontop of that
don't think it works that way, does it?

i thought the $250k is exactly $250k of cap space and the discounts for long service are not counted toward the total cap amount. plus i am pretty sure there is a cap of about $50k (or was when lockyer was active) per player from the pool of long service funds.

strider

Post Whore
don't think it works that way, does it?

i thought the $250k is exactly $250k of cap space and the discounts for long service are not counted toward the total cap amount. plus i am pretty sure there is a cap of about $50k (or was when lockyer was active) per player from the pool of long service funds.

yeah we are saying the same thing .... all I'm saying is, the cap value of lockyer was probably considered to be at least $350K+ - but the long service thing brought the amount contributing to the cap down

my understanding is the long service thing was a team limit of $200K to be split up however you want on whatever players

spiderdan

Bench
yeah we are saying the same thing .... all I'm saying is, the cap value of lockyer was probably considered to be at least $350K+ - but the long service thing brought the amount contributing to the cap down

my understanding is the long service thing was a team limit of $200K to be split up however you want on whatever players
cool.

i thought i read something about the discount being a maximum of $x per player with a maximum of $200k but could be wrong.

Parra Pride

Referee
So who is being released? Or is Hayne going to resign at the same time and take less for 2013 (but paid more in the following years to make up for ) to make cap room?

I was under the impression you can no longer alter existing deals.

#HayneRe-signingWouldHaveNoAffect

Sphagnum

Coach
Yeah, because Hayne seems like the kind of guy who would take a pay cut...

Hayne > Folau. I hope the club realises this before they do something silly.

Close to the truth. And the cap doesn't need to be going up by 60% for this to be the case.

What a load of crap. Of course it does (sort of)!

2010 cap = $4.1m, which is ~ 25% increase to $5m in 2013.

25% of $250k = $62.5k = $312.5k in 2013.

Even worse, cap increases lead to more for the big names, less for the averages ($250k), meaning you'd probably only be looking at (guessing) $50k for the mid range guys as the top dogs eat up the rest.

In order for $250 = $400k you're looking at 6 guys on $250k (which I'd say every club would have) getting the entire raise with nothing going to minimum wage, nothing to marquee players and nothing to anyone else. No one. At all.

To suggest that is the case is the height of stupidity.

So I guess no one is surprised to see Poupou suggesting it...

Latest posts