What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

i've heard that 2GB and 2SM reported today that the Izzy deal is off, couldn't come to agreement with NRL. Anyone else heard it??

boxhead

First Grade
Snake on nospam46 was just making that up mate I think.
Other people would have posted it by now if it were true.

i've heard that 2GB and 2SM reported today that the Izzy deal is off, couldn't come to agreement with NRL. Anyone else heard it??

I listened to 2SM for 5 minutes today and all of it was Peter Tunks spouting off what he had read in the papers about this Folau deal as fact. Apparently he thinks it's great that the NRL won't let us sign him for what the two parties agreed to - I doubt he said that when Inglis was denied going to Souths originally.

What a turd.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
What is that dude's problem? It's as if he never says anything unless it is a sexist comment or an anti-Eels agenda.

boxhead

First Grade
I wouldn't be adverse to sending him an e-mail. I think the headline "Watmough eyes your job" should get his attention. The fat idiot would probably fall for it :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore

in Rothfield's blog reply today he said this http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...h_phil_rothfield_singo_on_the_hunt_for_becks/

Do you think Folau will play for Parra next year?

Matt of Chester Hill
Mon 19 Nov 12 (01:51pm)
photo_384.jpg
Most definitely
Phil Rothfield
Mon 19 Nov 12 (02:26pm)

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah good idea. But then I'd feel compelled to post about the phone call on the forum, and if he swears me to secrecy then my posts about knowing something that someone from the club has told me but that I can't share with anyone else will seem pretty silly...

And they would be just like a heap of your other posts then Bart :sarcasm:
:D

natheel

Coach
If we are not allowed to sign him for less than his 'worth' then the NRL are f**ked! there is no way they can justify Gasnier allowed to comeback for 55k in his first season..be it half the season...both he and Folau were out of the game for the same amount of time only difference is Folau is going to a different side than he left. If he was going to Brisbane or a club like Roosters there would be no problem i bet

attamarrap

Juniors
If the player agrees to a deal the club offers him and it's under the salary cap what's the f**king problem!?!!?

strider

Post Whore
If the player agrees to a deal the club offers him and it's under the salary cap what's the f**king problem!?!!?

I think the problem the NRL has is that the $ amount under the cap isn't all that the player is getting and they need some way of ensuring clubs don't try and get around the cap

If Izzy agreed to a deal with us for $110K but is getting $300K ontop that is somehow justified as 3rd party deals then there is a big risk of the system being rorted by teams that have business contacts and can get supposed "3rd party" deals to happen.

strider

Post Whore
Some unscrupulous clubs could rort the cap through 3rd party payments. We wouldn't do that, but some other clubs might.

oh man - we typed the same thing ... only took me longer to type all mine ..... clearly we know our shit - either that or we know shit all

If we are not allowed to sign him for less than his 'worth' then the NRL are f**ked! there is no way they can justify Gasnier allowed to comeback for 55k in his first season..be it half the season...both he and Folau were out of the game for the same amount of time only difference is Folau is going to a different side than he left. If he was going to Brisbane or a club like Roosters there would be no problem i bet

I don't know why people keep bringing up Gasnier on $55k - the NRL wouldn't allow that either.
He ended up on around $120k for half a season.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/future-salary-cap-changes-to-benefit-dragons-gasnier-20100628-zf84.html

Latest posts