What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Thread 18th May 05

B-dos

Referee
What was with Cheifs "So how do you get to the second round" question?
Is he seriously that sheltered from soccer?

Mate, presenters on tv shows often ask questions they know the answers to for the benefit of the audience. Are you really that sheltered from reality?

leaguerules

Juniors
totally agree furrycat

if the show was just footy talk interviewsetc i beat the shows ratings will drop even more you would loose most of the female demographic(no chance of getting the girlfriend to watch it) and i teach at schools and the kids watch the show because funny things and seeing their footy stars in other situations trivia segments, charities events, singing, doing stupid stuff rather than the standard interviews. i said it before i recon most of the questions asked on footy show and NRLon Fox i know how the player will answer the question.

So what if they show world cup stuff the event will be huge in australia and around the world it would be ignorent of them not to show anything seeing it is a footy show soccer=football. iwould love to win their footy show trip i

But i do agree the dutch auction sucks

Mr Saab

Referee
B-dos said:
Mate, presenters on tv shows often ask questions they know the answers to for the benefit of the audience. Are you really that sheltered from reality?

True, but it was still one the dumbest questions asked. And i am sure 98% of people in this country know that Australia have to win games.

The Preacher

First Grade
MC84 said:
Started to watch the soccer on SBS during the add break before that stupid Dutch auction segment. Did i miss anything??

Can't help you there, as soon as they said that was on after the break the tele was turned off and the "nut" went down. It started off a decent enough show but soon turned into a sihtfight.

leaguerules said:
totally agree furrycat

if the show was just footy talk interviewsetc i beat the shows ratings will drop even more you would loose most of the female demographic(no chance of getting the girlfriend to watch it) and i teach at schools and the kids watch the show because funny things and seeing their footy stars in other situations trivia segments, charities events, singing, doing stupid stuff rather than the standard interviews. i said it before i recon most of the questions asked on footy show and NRLon Fox i know how the player will answer the question.

So what if they show world cup stuff the event will be huge in australia and around the world it would be ignorent of them not to show anything seeing it is a footy show soccer=football. iwould love to win their footy show trip i

But i do agree the dutch auction sucks
Those poor kids.

[furrycat]

Coach
Mr Saab said:
Pi$$ off pussy cat.

The show is pathetic. Why do they get guests from other sports on their show??????
Why are they going to have a combined footyshow basically to do with the world cup?
Why the f**k do they have a pathetic 6'3 nong called Harragon on there?

Is it any wonder this disgrace of a show comes last in the thursday ratings.
Hellllllloooooooooo anyone home?????? The format is garbage.

Why the f**k do you sit there watching it? You're that sad you have ot watch shows you hate to bag them?

GO and watch something else... if you don't like it I don't give a f**k and neither does anyone else. We watch it, we like it, deal with it dickhead

Mr Saab

Referee
To be honest with you pussycat, i fell asleep mid way thru the soccer segment.
You might like it, but the ratings indicate it is dying a slow death.
Hmmm perhaps they could bring in Rebecca Wilson for a ratings boost...oh thats right they already tried that.

So your not just stupid, you have zero class.

You should be aware that people as young as 13 use these boards, so I hardly see the need for those type of words in the main NRL section.

Danish

Referee
I actually really enjoyed the first half hour.

They geniunely discussed drugs in footy instead of just having 1 line answers to a 1 line question in "fats big 5" (worst segment ever btw).

As for the World Cup. Just face it, its the biggest sporting event in the world (tops the Olympics in ratings) and Australia is apart of it for the first time in 40 years. I'm going to be staying up all night watching the games and so will half of the country. No point ignoring it.

[furrycat]

Coach
Sir Knight82 said:
So your not just stupid, you have zero class.

You should be aware that people as young as 13 use these boards, so I hardly see the need for those type of words in the main NRL section.

Masturbate in is in the dictionary.

It is in a moderator's signature.

It is not offensive. Wake up to yourself.

m0j0

Bench
Surandy said:
FMD someone should tell The Footy Show that there's a team in Melbourne!

When was the last time they did a Footy Show in Melbourne ffs?

Haven't watched the show in a long time, so this is possibly an ill-informed comment, but when's the last time they did a Footy Show in Canberra? Perhaps Raiders fans have the same basis for complaint as yourself.

Mal Meninga

Bench
B-dos said:
Sheltered from reality? :lol: Please mate.
You usually ask questions which are more indepth than that. These guys are highely paid professionals, and to ask 'Oh so how do you get through to the second round?' It's a joke and you know it.

B-dos

Referee
Mal Meninga said:
Sheltered from reality? :lol: Please mate.
You usually ask questions which are more indepth than that. These guys are highely paid professionals, and to ask 'Oh so how do you get through to the second round?' It's a joke and you know it.

I dont think there is a problem asking a simple question like that on a show which is aimed at Rugby League supporters. Im sure there was a fair few people watching on tv who were interested in the answer.

Mr Saab

Referee
Simple question from a simple person.
Come on, it rivalled Fenechs question to Hindmarsh "Is smith your mate"

knights04

Bench
I loved Mark Geyer's response to Hoppa's challenge. "How do you know about what I write? It has no pictures." :lol: Would have paid to see Geyer smash Hoppa's ugly face in or anyone tbh.