What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Thread 18th May 05

Raider Ultra

Bench
Isn't it just, laughing at footage of someone killing themselves (I presume that bloke in the video they showed killed himself).

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
sterlo hardly ever goes on about the eels..even when they were good last yr.
Fatty says a bit about the eagles, but not even 33% of what the chief does
Matty is in the same class as Harragon

dude people started hating Manly back in the 90s because of how much Fatty went on about them. He's only toned down because he doesn't want Manly to be the new Roosters (who were the new Manly to start with!)

El Diablo

Post Whore
bigdogsgottaeat said:
dude people started hating Manly back in the 90s because of how much Fatty went on about them. He's only toned down because he doesn't want Manly to be the new Roosters (who were the new Manly to start with!)

:?

that is not why people hated/hate Manly

Danish

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
Isn't it just, laughing at footage of someone killing themselves (I presume that bloke in the video they showed killed himself).

Nah i saw that video years ago on Maximum Exposure. The bloke got some pretty serious injuries..... broke alot of bones etc. But recovered just fine.

And i laughed my arse off then too. Because pain is funny when its not happening to you ;-)

On the "who wanks off more about their team" debate...

Cheif wins hands down.

Fatty loves Manly, but he will grill them when they are playing sh*thouse and gloat when its due. And even then he still knows when to stop.

Sterlo is all about Parramatta. But again, he is their biggest critic when they are underperforming. The way he talks about them now is testament to that.

Matty.. Well he is just an idiot. Sharks, Knights, Storm....

Cheif, cheif, cheif..... He takes offence to anyone even implying something bad about the knights. The way he carried on after the knights got thumped by 50 was disgraceful. Mario gives it to the bunneys for being crap (they got beat by 30) and he starts shouting over the top of Muz;

"Well how bad are the bunneys going? Cant even win a game. They suck etc etc"

And flat out refused to discuss just how much the knights got hammered. Any team that beats the knights are the new premiership favourites according to him. Its quite pathetic.

I live in Adelaide, we don't get any of the Sunday footy shows here. Not that I'm too bothered about the Thursday FS not talking much league, but for the love of God please remove Paul Harrogan from TV forever.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
not like he shot himself in the head....

it was a bike accident and i dont think he died.

brooksy19

Bench
bigdogsgottaeat said:
:lol:

People hated Manly long before the 90's... Try 1970's.

Raider Ultra

Bench
shadow grinder said:
not like he shot himself in the head....

it was a bike accident and i dont think he died.
Yeh, suppose I was being a bit harsh, just wanted to have a shot at 'That's Gold'

Big Pete

Referee
The point is shadow, That's Gold is crap and anything remotely interesting on it is recycled Internent garbage.

I don't have a problem with the Thursday footy show being more laidback, it captures a different audience. However what is disgraceful is when they use half their show to talk about other sports such as Soccer, Union and Boxing as they have been doing. It's not promoting our game in any way.

Chief has to go, Matt Johns is enough Newcastle biast.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Big Pete said:
The point is shadow, That's Gold is crap and anything remotely interesting on it is recycled Internent garbage.

I don't have a problem with the Thursday footy show being more laidback, it captures a different audience. However what is disgraceful is when they use half their show to talk about other sports such as Soccer, Union and Boxing as they have been doing. It's not promoting our game in any way.

Chief has to go, Matt Johns is enough Newcastle biast.

Not that it counts for anything, but it won the logie. Yeah I know <insert ripping here>

Honestly, can you suggest an alternative?

I personally think that its a winning formula. Of course its promoting our game. Would you rather a boxing show that talked here and there about NRL? Of course not!

Perhaps we should all live in a cocoon where NRL is the only sport??? That would promote "our game"! I've got no problem at all with the current show. I think its quality.

Big Pete

Referee
Making a new format is easy.

One change...get rid of Chief.

Introduction...show us what segments there will be.

Go over results and controversial/funny issues from the weekend.

Street talk...show footage of people who actually know what happened on the weekend.

Bring in one player from a club (this changes every week) and have him have his say on the show as well.

Have a feature on this player.

Vossy's rant.

Queensland Footy Show for Broncos and North Queensland news.

Phil Gould rant.

One Fun segment. Maybe give the player and his team mate some sort of challenge. Maybe trivia, a sing off, something that gives us a different side of the player.

A look into the future games, tips and predictions.

End Show.

Surandy

Bench
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Not that it counts for anything, but it won the logie. Yeah I know <insert ripping here>

Honestly, can you suggest an alternative?

I personally think that its a winning formula. Of course its promoting our game. Would you rather a boxing show that talked here and there about NRL? Of course not!

Perhaps we should all live in a cocoon where NRL is the only sport??? That would promote "our game"! I've got no problem at all with the current show. I think its quality.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You cannot be serious!!!

shadow grinder

First Grade
anyone else think they should bring back "there house"...or something similar? i enjoyed that and got the most laughs out of that segment.

I dont mind things that involve the players that are fun and entertaining...but the dutch auction with dicks from the crowd ....boring.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Big Pete said:
Did you see his Origin hype up?

Seriously man, Gouldy is an absolute knob. I can't stand him and I know I'm not alone. I'm not saying he doesn't know the game, just that the guy is a f**kwit.

wittyfan

Referee
shadow grinder said:
anyone else think they should bring back "there house"...or something similar? i enjoyed that and got the most laughs out of that segment.

I dont mind things that involve the players that are fun and entertaining...but the dutch auction with dicks from the crowd ....boring.

The Footy Show seems to have a strange habit of introducing new segments and then suddenly forgetting them some weeks later. They should have kept Girds on board, certainly he would have made a better panellist than Chief.

Latest posts