What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show won't be back

cookie36

Juniors
There are plenty of rumours that they were setting up Matthew Johns as the new host with Fatty going. Can stand anyone of them except for Sterlo, at least he knew how to play football.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Bottom line is the show needs a cutting edge format, on the Melbourne show a couple of weeks back they had Wayne Carey and Archer from the Kangaroos for the first time since Carey plugged Anthony Stevens wife, now who from the current Footy Show in Sydney would ask the hard question without fear or the reprecutions?
MG and MG only.

brenno

Juniors
I dislike MG even though i give him credit for speaking his mind. The bloke can barely string a sentence together coherently and stutters and bumbles his way in front of the camera. I think the "yeah yeah do" wasn't attached properly and was accidently stiched into his brain. He is difficult to understand at times as well, very deep and husky voice. He's also not the sharpest knife in the draw, i'll never forget that joke matty johns pulled on him in when he told him to ask Craig Johnston about having a black belt in karate. MG still had that dumbfounded look on his face when he found out that it was a gee-up.

Razor

Coach
Panel should contain -

All these guys are contracted to 9 so wouldn't be a problem.

Matt Johns
Mark Geyer
Phil Gould
Steve Walters

Having Walters could be a problem because he lives in Brisbane, and Nine might not want to fly him down each week and pay for accomodation - or Steve might not want to.

So if Steve isn't possible then replace him with Jason Taylor, who showed real skill on NRL Winners several years back and in the small segments he's done on the Sunday show.

Gould is the best analyst in the game, bar none
Johns is also a very good analysis and is the funniest League guy, bar none.
Geyer and Walters also have knowledge of the game and have some humour in them

Vautin & Sterling signed new contracts this year until the end of 2007 so unfortunatly they might stay on at least one of the 2 footy shows and in commentary.

Steve Roach would be a good addition as well, but he isn't contracted so they might not be able to get him. And with Roach joining in on Hadleys constant tirades against Gould and The Footy Show, Roach isn't exactly giving himself any favours if he wants back.

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_69 said:
I recon a panel of Matty, Girds, MG and a guest panelist every week untill Stevo retires
i rate stevo as a TV personality
i reckon that's spot on, except for one thing: i'm one of those guys who loves the Fat.

Kris_man

Bench
Panel should contain -

All these guys are contracted to 9 so wouldn't be a problem.

Matt Johns
Mark Geyer
Phil Gould
Steve Walters

Having Walters could be a problem because he lives in Brisbane, and Nine might not want to fly him down each week and pay for accomodation - or Steve might not want to.

So if Steve isn't possible then replace him with Jason Taylor, who showed real skill on NRL Winners several years back and in the small segments he's done on the Sunday show.

Gould is the best analyst in the game, bar none
Johns is also a very good analysis and is the funniest League guy, bar none.
Geyer and Walters also have knowledge of the game and have some humour in them
wash your mouth out with soap!! :shock:

choc_soldier

Coach
Way past it's used by date. Haven't watched it seriously for a while.

Needs to be either axed or re-vamped.

What I would like to see is a "wrap" show, say late on Tuesday nights, which reviews the previous week and previews the next week. Have a comic element to it if need be, but don't let that dominate it like it seems to have recently.

The Sunday Footy Show is great, and Boots N All is brilliant though!

Quigs

Immortal
I think the show is absolute crap.

Thank the gods that I have two Tv's cause when the wife is watching it, i am in the other room.

Have not watched it for years.

And I wouldn't miss it when its gone.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
gregstar said:
Thank the gods that I have two Tv's cause when the wife is watching it
that's why i think it rates - women seem to enjoy it

she also watches Price is right, neighbours, Home and Away, Australian Idol, etc etc

So in my case your worship, "I rest my case"

Cheers
Quigs

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I'll watch it now and again. Get bored with it and not watch for several weeks. I find it funny sometimes and dead set stupid others. It's roots may be in rugby league but the content is mostly slapstick.

We definitely need, deserve, a serious football program during the week on free to air.

Latest posts