What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show won't be back

Mr Saab

Referee
thurs footyshow is PATHETIC. Never been the same since they got rid of Hadley and Roach.
The GF edition was LAME as can be..never seen such a poor show and there have been some shockers.
It wont be missed if it is taken off in 2005

JW

Coach
Another problem with it this year is that it goes for too f**king long #-o .

An hour and a half is more than enough, let alone 2 hours + on some occasions, with the last half hour just full of stupid competitions with an ad break every 3 minutes.

Cheers.

As much as I hate to say it, the format needs to go along the lines of the AFL footy show. That format breeds more of a footy culture in Victoria.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
It has the "trying to be funny" look, it should either be serious, maybe they could make debates etc over issues, either that or invest in comedians

et

Juniors
The Footy Show is best when the humour revolves around the current players and games, not the former players and advertisers. Hopefully they will realise this before they ever think of cutting it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Belly in Brisvegas said:
As much as I hate to say it, the format needs to go along the lines of the AFL footy show. That format breeds more of a footy culture in Victoria.

AFL show is 100000000x better...but they dont have fence sitters. Sam Newman might be considered to be an a$$hole by people in sydney, but he doesnt he sit on the fence and be "buddies" with all the players.

aussielegend77

Juniors
the footy show is pathetic

i used to love it years ago when it first started never missed a show. thought it was funny how these footballers stuffed up and made fun at them selfs for the first couple of years then i realised these guys are just seriously incompetent cant get a show right after over 10 years how pathetic are they. and there commentary on the weekend isnt much better they miss everything every forward pass, every referee mistake etc.

and how ridiculous are the games they play on the show going,going gone now lets look at the concept of this game as a contestant all you have to do is not press your buzzer and wait until the opposition is eliminated by answering all the questions for example team A answers first 9 out of 12 questions right builds up a score of some 2000+ to nil yet answer the next three questions wrong all get eliminated yet still have a score of 2000+ to nil, lose and get ridiculed by fatty the least intelligent person i think has ever graced the tv screen, beat the boys a seriesd of stupid school children like activites to raise money for a charity if they beat the opposition. how stupid is this, this activity trully show there intellect or lack of, with childish prank and toilet humour footy show has trully done it dash.

I thought reg was a legend when he came out but even his joke are monotonous now.

PROOF OF HOW STUPID THESE GUYS ARE IS MARIO INCESSANT NEED TO GET HIS FACE ON TV NO BRAINS HASN,T COME UP WITH A DECENT IDEA IN HIS WHOLE TIME ON THE SHOW.
bY PUTTING THESE GUYS ON TV EVERY WEEEK DOES NOTHING BUT CEMENT THE STEREOTYPE THAT ALL FOOTBALLERS ARE DUMB. COME ON 10 YEARS ONE SHOW A WEEK STILL CANT GET IT RIGHT.

sretsoor

Juniors
Trouble is, once the Footy Show finds something funny, they just keep doing it over and over again.

How many years have the lookalikes being going for now. Yeah some are still funny but geeezzzus, come up with something different.

Same with Reg, hilarious at first but now the same old same old, probably worse. Just over him trying to hug and kiss every thing. Thats not funny anymore.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
If the Footy show is canned in it's current format it has nothing to do with the style it's being done in, it's money. Think about how much money the production of the show in it's style would be costing Ch9, sure it has some great sponsorship but some of those segments would be costing a packet.

Personally I enjoy the footy show for about 4 of the 6 months it's on air, but usually get over it come August and hardly watch it heading into the Finals.

As an entertainment show I reckon it works quite well and in all honesty I don't see it working ratings wise changing. People love this show and I have no doubt that the people who are pro the Footy Show on Thurs nights outweighs the people who don't enjoy it.

You only have to look at how the show is received in the country when they go on the road. Just bear that in mind when you go off at the show, not everyone has Foxtel. You take off the footy show and people don't have ANY footy during the week.

Kris_man

Bench
and there commentary on the weekend isnt much better they miss everything every forward pass, every referee mistake etc.
oh yeah, that's obviously the most important thing about rugby league: spotting referee's mistakes :roll: . stupid.

Mr Saab

Referee
sretsoor said:
Trouble is, once the Footy Show finds something funny, they just keep doing it over and over again.

How many years have the lookalikes being going for now. Yeah some are still funny but geeezzzus, come up with something different.

Same with Reg, hilarious at first but now the same old same old, probably worse. Just over him trying to hug and kiss every thing. Thats not funny anymore.

reg is a JOKE. kissing old grandmas just isnt funny anymore.
Lookalikes are boring.
the whole show is FRICKEN boring....re runs of hey hey its saturday make me laugh more

Raider_69

Post Whore
Heres my idea

Matt Johns and Mark Geyer

Run it like **dare i say it** the AFL footy show, they have the perfect blend of footy talk and humour, trev at the bar always makes me laugh, MG is very much like Sam Newman, get him there to stir some shit up, make it interesting

i recon matt johns and MG as hosts, and have a few special guests on a week, players from the bye or injured players, suspended players or just players that want to be there...

It can still be a good comedy show, just need to change the format
Trent can do some street talk, reg can get out to some training sessions or what ever... despite what some think, these charactors are pretty funny

DJ Raida

Bench
Reg is an absolute gun, dare devil dudes had its moments (chief on the vomitron i think was a special), but generally it needs an overhaul to start being about the footy again.

Stagger eel

Staff member
you can all say want you want about the footy show but the fact remains they have been outstanding in their promotion of community services. They've raised thousands of dollers to a number of great causes and theor feel good storys have been superb.

Who could forget the story about the Dying Roosters fan...it deadset had me balling my eyes :cry:

definetly puts life in perspective!....and here we are bitching about a game of footy on sunday. :roll:

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
MG could possibly be the worst possible idea to be a host. He is a good bloke and a champion player but a TV host?

Another Ex player.... never learn do they....Mark Geyer would be provocative as a host who would speak his mind no matter how silly it seems

Tigerpete

Juniors
Well i'll call myself relieved if there's gonna be a change of format in the show. Its about time too. While there's no denying that its entertaining, its first and formost a show about NRL football but it seems for the past few years football has played second fiddle to their shananigans.

Sure keep, reg, keep bands on the show , keep the segments actually involving NRL players but get rid of beat the boys and daredevil dudes, those are pointless and too similar. Their previews of games during the regular season are nothing short of pathetic. I could get a better review from sports tab.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dragon Fanatic said:
MG could possibly be the worst possible idea to be a host. He is a good bloke and a champion player but a TV host?

MG is a top bloke and is funny to listen to, but as a host??????? it would be PAINFUL.
He is rough around the edges. Having said that, Fatty has been the footy show host since 1994 and he is lame.
Eddie McGuire might be a tosser, but he is avery good host on a VERY good show.
Voss would be better suited to host the footy show but that could cause bad blood between the ch9 boys