What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show won't be back

El Diablo

Post Whore
Going going goooooooooone has to go. Fatty should bloody go.

I think we've seen enough of Phil Cass and crappy hypnotists too.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Chippo Raiders said:
Dragon Fanatic said:
MG could possibly be the worst possible idea to be a host. He is a good bloke and a champion player but a TV host?

Another Ex player.... never learn do they....Mark Geyer would be provocative as a host who would speak his mind no matter how silly it seems

at the very least he will stir some shit up and make things interesting
if anyone is a regular watcher of the AFL footy show, you can see where im coming from with Newman and Hird, you can cut the tention with a knife when they are in the set together

or if ya's dont like MG, i recon Girds is a top bloke and funny as all shit, can talk some footy aswell... I do like no talent time, for a segment with no footy relevence, thats the only one thou

Beat the boys is shocking, Daredevil dudes had it moments but not enough, going, going gorn is alright but not that great.

This is one area that the AFL definatly out does us, and by a fair margin...

Mighty Tiger

Bench
El Duque said:
Going going goooooooooone has to go. Fatty should bloody go.

100% spot on!

Fatty has been a waste of time from word go and its clear his time at 9 has come to an end - even when he is bloody comentating it annoys the daylights out of me because he has no clue 99% of the time with what is going on!

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
I don't watch it, Id like to but its rubbish, I prefer a more forum type discussion and if not put some comedians in as well so I can laugh, instead of :roll:

If that would happen Channel 9 will have won me back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dragon Fanatic said:
Eelvation, i agree. What about that kid last night. How happy was he. For that fact alone they deserve to stay on air.

yeah! and full credit to him and his family for donating the car to "Starlight"

troydodds

Juniors
The Footy Show does need to be here, especially for the charity stuff as mentioned before.

But they still raised money seven years ago, when the show had some funny moments but still had great serious footy stuff.

Replace Vautin and have Sterlo as host. Then have a fourth panel member who is not buddy buddy with all the players like the current guys are. The only reason Hadley was good on that show is because he said what he thought without fear. People hate him for it but at least we didn't have a bunch of fence sitters.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont hate the show but thats only because i dont watch it for the footy. If i wanted to watch it for the fopty, i'd just watch NRLonFOX and Scoreboard. But i do agree, its content of football is embaressing.

troydodds

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
If you all hate it so much. Whay do you watch it. Bloody idiots some of you blokes are.

Because:

1) I've watched it since 1994 and remember the good old days when they talked solid footy. Each year it's got slowly worse, and has come close to losing me, but because i've been a long-time watcher it's just out of habit.

2) On rare occasions, the NRL content is excellent. I remember a good forum they did at the height of the Bulldogs crisis this year which was superb.

3) Law and Order at 9:30pm is normally a repeat.

aussielegend77

Juniors
how isn't spotting referee mistakes important. thats the problem with todays game there are too many 50/50 rules in the game.

referee's mistake can change the whole game, swing momentum of a team in either direction and the tv commentators never pick it up. back in the day they used to pick it up all the time rex mossop always called a blatant stuff up from the referee, but not today no referees are untouchable.

i can spot easy ten referees mistakes in nearly every game, tell me you that doesnt impact the outcome of the game.

roosterboy60

Juniors
I watch all the Rugby League shows, and I like the Footy Show on a Thursday Night, but I do think they need to talk a lot more Footy.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Keep -

Reg and his streetalk & player interviews
Lookalikes - they never get old :lol:
Going, Going,Goooone
Their House
More RL "feel good stories",especially involving clubs that arent the Knights and Roosters. I know the Manly club is very involved with the community but never gets any media attention.
Occasionally have DareDevil Dudes.Only when its actually "Dare Devil" stuff. Not like going across Express Advocate Stadium in a flying fox.

Add -

Girds to the panel. Get ridd of Cheif. He adds no input whatsoever and his attemps at humor are lame
More Darryl Browman
More MG
More Trevor Gillmeister
More of the Watlers Bros.
More "powerplays". Have atleast a 5-10 minute segment based on the "best plays" of EVERY game.
Run through the games of the past weekend.Best players etc etc. Not as indepth as NRL on Fox as it gets a bit repetative after a while.
Of the hour and a half of the show, have atleast 40 minutes of pure football talk.

Front-Rower

First Grade
troydodds said:
The Footy Show does need to be here, especially for the charity stuff as mentioned before.

But they still raised money seven years ago, when the show had some funny moments but still had great serious footy stuff.

Replace Vautin and have Sterlo as host. Then have a fourth panel member who is not buddy buddy with all the players like the current guys are. The only reason Hadley was good on that show is because he said what he thought without fear. People hate him for it but at least we didn't have a bunch of fence sitters.

Thats spot on about Hadley. They got frightened of him because he spoke the truth on that show.

Its like the comment made earlier on in the thread about the nine team making no reference to knock ons etc well its true, they never seem to pick up the refs mistakes whereas you turn on the radio on and they always do.

MattJ

Juniors
I have heard that possibly some of the younger recent retirees may be being scouted for hosting jobs for a reformatted version. names i heard were ryan girdler, brad fittler and probably keeping Matt Johns. This wasnt a very reliable source though so its prob all crap. I just hope if it is back they talk about the actual games and clubs instead of just who there picks are for the round at the end of the show. They really should get rid of the anti-ads too, whoever is writing those things needs to look at a new career path.