What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show won't be back

Mr Saab

Referee
Front-Rower said:
Its like the comment made earlier on in the thread about the nine team making no reference to knock ons etc well its true, they never seem to pick up the refs mistakes whereas you turn on the radio on and they always do.

the broadcast was very poor in the roosters/cowboys game. They didnt pick up any mistakes. Vautin at the end said very meekly "it could have been a penalty"...arrrrrr hello Mr Vautin...anyone home? IT WAS A PENALTY.

Raider_69

Post Whore
MattJ said:
I have heard that possibly some of the younger recent retirees may be being scouted for hosting jobs for a reformatted version. names i heard were ryan girdler, brad fittler and probably keeping Matt Johns. This wasnt a very reliable source though so its prob all crap. I just hope if it is back they talk about the actual games and clubs instead of just who there picks are for the round at the end of the show. They really should get rid of the anti-ads too, whoever is writing those things needs to look at a new career path.

mate who ever you source is, he or she had better not be right
Girds is tops, but fittler :?
dont get me wrong, fantastic player and a great bloke but that guy struggles in almost any interview ive seen with :lol:

Razor

Coach
IT WAS A PENALTY.

No it wasn't. It could have been. That's what Vautin said. It can't be a penalty unless it actually is. That's why Vautin said "that could have been a penalty". A penalty should have been awarded, but it wasn't, so it wasn't a penalty.

MattJ

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
MattJ said:
I have heard that possibly some of the younger recent retirees may be being scouted for hosting jobs for a reformatted version. names i heard were ryan girdler, brad fittler and probably keeping Matt Johns. This wasnt a very reliable source though so its prob all crap. I just hope if it is back they talk about the actual games and clubs instead of just who there picks are for the round at the end of the show. They really should get rid of the anti-ads too, whoever is writing those things needs to look at a new career path.

dont get me wrong, fantastic player and a great bloke but that guy struggles in almost any interview ive seen with :lol:

Yeah i agree, he always looks nervous and unconfident on live tv, so i cant picture it myself, however the idea that they may want too pass the show onto the next gen of ex players isnt all that unbelievable. Anyone else think of any others that could take ther place besides girdler?

Mr Saab

Referee
razor...the way vautin said it he was saying "well it could have been, but thats how it goes"...he said it sooooooooo casually. If Vautin had some balls like Flannery then he should have been more vocal.
It was like Vautin didnt give a sh!t

Kris_man

Bench
FFS, the quality of a commentator is not judged on how many of the ref's mistakes he picks up!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

CC Eagle said:
Keep -

Reg and his streetalk & player interviews
Lookalikes - they never get old
Going, Going,Goooone
Their House
More RL "feel good stories",especially involving clubs that arent the Knights and Roosters. I know the Manly club is very involved with the community but never gets any media attention.
Occasionally have DareDevil Dudes.Only when its actually "Dare Devil" stuff. Not like going across Express Advocate Stadium in a flying fox.

Add -

Girds to the panel. Get ridd of Cheif. He adds no input whatsoever and his attemps at humor are lame
More Darryl Browman
More MG
More Trevor Gillmeister
More of the Walters Bros.
More "powerplays". Have atleast a 5-10 minute segment based on the "best plays" of EVERY game.
Run through the games of the past weekend.Best players etc etc. Not as indepth as NRL on Fox as it gets a bit repetative after a while.
Of the hour and a half of the show, have atleast 40 minutes of pure football talk.
i reckon this is all good, you should get a job at channel 9! one thing though: no "their house" unless its Ryan Girdler.

aussielegend77

Juniors
how wasnt it a penalty four players change direction to form a wall in front of minichello to give him protection should of been automatic penalty as he gave the roosters in the first half for a cowboys player running intentionally into a rooster player going for the ball.

also did anyone see justin hodges SPRINT out of his way to take a cowboys player out during finch's successful field goal watch the replay i saw it the first time referee's commentators all missed it should of been a penalty to the cowboys and the score should of remained 16-16.

i think there is a directive to the tv commentators regarding commenting on referee decision they miss blatant errors and never show replay always go straight to ad.

Chook

First Grade
Vautin out, Matthew Johns in as host, Girdler as fourth host.

Out:
No Talent Time.
Beat the boys.
Lookalikes.

Keep:
Their House.
Power Plays (wider range of)

Bring in:
More player interviews
Friday night preview (comprehensive)
Team changes. (all games)
Injury updates. (all clubs)
Play of the week.

Chook.

KFC

Juniors
The footy show along with Vautin and Sterling are no longer relevent.

IMO it's actually harms the image of rugby league.

Raider_69

Post Whore
MattJ said:
Raider_69 said:
MattJ said:

Yeah i agree, he always looks nervous and unconfident on live tv, so i cant picture it myself, however the idea that they may want too pass the show onto the next gen of ex players isnt all that unbelievable. Anyone else think of any others that could take ther place besides girdler?

I recon a panel of Matty, Girds, MG and a guest panelist every week untill Stevo retires
i rate stevo as a TV personality

Mr Saab

Referee
KFC said:
The footy show along with Vautin and Sterling are no longer relevent.

IMO it's actually harms the image of rugby league.

sterling and harragon should NOT be on the thurs show as they are not funny. When sterlo TRIES to be funny it is painful to watch.
I remember he sang the Oz national anthem to the tune of gilligans island and is was SICKENING.
Chief is as funny as a funeral

aids

Bench
chnl 9's commentary is vanilla.
apart from gould who is super pro-roosters and sterlo who i think speaks his mind.

i love fox's commentary teams, even the bad ones are better than vaugtin and warren.

aussielegend77

Juniors
To the non rugby league supporting community vautin and sterling cement the sterotype of the rugby league players intellect. over ten years and they still cant get the show running properly

Kris_man

Bench
if it is a comedy that they're after, then there's no logic behind having Chief there. Girds is hilarious, and Stevo is alright too.

redVgirl

Juniors
eelavation said:
you can all say want you want about the footy show but the fact remains they have been outstanding in their promotion of community services. They've raised thousands of dollers to a number of great causes and theor feel good storys have been superb.

Who could forget the story about the Dying Roosters fan...it deadset had me balling my eyes :cry:

definetly puts life in perspective!....and here we are bitching about a game of footy on sunday. :roll:

I AGREE! i think the show is great with all the charity and community work they do. it has a much less sleazy/mean vibe than the AFL show. you could watch it with your kids and not worry they are going to get upset or offended. i think the footy show really promotes the great things that league can do in the community. and i also applaud them for tackling the rape/players behaviour scandal earlier in the year with a semblance of class.

i dont believe the footy show wont be back next year. with the footy show and reg regan dvds selling like crazy i highly doubt they are going to can it. sounds like gossip and rumour to me.

however i think they should cut Beat the Boys - its getting just geniused. and i could do without DareDevil Dudes EVERY week. once every 3 weeks would be fine. i think matthew johns should stop trying to do other lame characters, stick with reg and trent! they are funny....the others arent. he also shouldnt do street talk on his own.

i would like to see more stories on the players, maybe some extended interviews or something. remember a few years back they had the same question they asked all the players?? that was really funny and cute.

they NEED to bring back Their House but with GIRDS ONLY. not bloody 'i have no personality' bryan fletcher. i think girds should be a host, hes hilarious and nice eye candy. jason stevens is an absolute LEGEND and i wish they involved him more....i love how he takes the piss out of himself.

i was dissapointed they didnt even discuss the grand final or the season ONCE last nite! they should talk more about footy. they should get some more players involved but pleaaaase only ones that can have a decent conversation. some of the players can barely form a sentence and it makes for cringeworthy TV.

i agree that the footy show needs some tinkering but there is no WAY they are going to cancel it.

Mr Saab

Referee
dont worry red V gal.
they wont cancel the show, but, since around 2000 the show has gone waaaaay down hill. 2004 being the lowest season i can recall and i have watched it since they made their debut in the semis of 1994

redVgirl

Juniors
yeh ive watched from the begginning too, although i dont remember it so much because i was only 13. i do remember they used to talk more about footy though! and i agree with what everyone else said about the NRL on Fox and NRL Scoreboard, i really enjoy those shows and watch them to see if they agree with my assessments of the games.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What was that shocker of a show 7 had going with O'Connor on it?

7 should have another go at a seriuos show if they're after the rights. It would certainly get the NRL's attention if they could produce a show that outrates The Footy Show.

redVgirl

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
Keep -

Reg and his streetalk & player interviews
Lookalikes - they never get old :lol:
Going, Going,Goooone
Their House
More RL "feel good stories",especially involving clubs that arent the Knights and Roosters. I know the Manly club is very involved with the community but never gets any media attention.
Occasionally have DareDevil Dudes.Only when its actually "Dare Devil" stuff. Not like going across Express Advocate Stadium in a flying fox.

Add -

Girds to the panel. Get ridd of Cheif. He adds no input whatsoever and his attemps at humor are lame
More Darryl Browman
More MG
More Trevor Gillmeister
More of the Watlers Bros.
More "powerplays". Have atleast a 5-10 minute segment based on the "best plays" of EVERY game.
Run through the games of the past weekend.Best players etc etc. Not as indepth as NRL on Fox as it gets a bit repetative after a while.
Of the hour and a half of the show, have atleast 40 minutes of pure football talk.

YAY! i agree with everything you said except i like harrogan...i think hes sweet and sincere.