What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show?

shaggy

Juniors
i hope boots n all is back & 9 fill their 3 hours where the aussie rules used to be with more league programs, huge fan of jb

Mr Saab

Referee
B.A. Baracus said:
Does anyone know why Boots 'n All was even axed BTW?

Or know if it's planned to ever come back??

It's not like they could have already exhausted their stock of old footage to use for stories & so forth!

They pretty much had.
There are only so many times you can show Mullins chip and chase vs the Broncos, or Alberts GF winning try from 1997.

perverse

Referee
Mr Saab said:
They pretty much had.
There are only so many times you can show Mullins chip and chase vs the Broncos, or Alberts GF winning try from 1997.
haha well said.. i didn't watch it religiously in the slightest.. but i still saw plenty of repeated footage on boots'n'all.

i also can't really stand vossy and i'm definately against gould. the show got old and 9 moved on. glad to see it leave.

the nrl footy show is a disgrace. i agree with the people screaming 3 man panel - and think it should definately be fatty, matty, sterlo. please 9.. its the NRL FOOTY SHOW.. not hey hey it's f*cking saturday (which you axed years ago!).

Tom Shines

First Grade
And please for Christ's sake... no more "That's Tops!" or "That's Gold!" or whatever you're going to call it this year. Don't give Harragon any more airtime than is required.

wittyfan

Referee
They just had an ad on for The Footy Show during RPA, it's got ratings disaster written all over it.

spider

Coach
wittyfan said:
They just had an ad on for The Footy Show during RPA, it's got ratings disaster written all over it.

yes - absolutely after seeing that.

it was ordinary.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
perverse said:
haha well said.. i didn't watch it religiously in the slightest.. but i still saw plenty of repeated footage on boots'n'all.

i also can't really stand vossy and i'm definately against gould. the show got old and 9 moved on. glad to see it leave.

the nrl footy show is a disgrace. i agree with the people screaming 3 man panel - and think it should definately be fatty, matty, sterlo. please 9.. its the NRL FOOTY SHOW.. not hey hey it's f*cking saturday (which you axed years ago!).

I disagree. But hey - horses for courses!

It's the sunday roast that bores me to tears....like I want to hear a couple of boofs like Gould and MArk Geyer bicker with each other whether or not golden point is a good thing or a bad thing....I really don't care WHAT they think TBH!!!

The Sunday Footy show is pretty good though - and Fox's efforts put everything else to shame. But I don't have FOX at home - and what's more I don't want FOX at home - so I miss out on the majority of those shows. Yes, yes, pooor me - I know you will all just feel SO sorry for me! :p

At least Boots 'n All offered us something a little bit different!

And I could think of plenty of new ideas to beeathe new life into the show...Have more old players on & interviewed - have players from both teams of a classic, or famous old game interviewed to give their thoughts & memories of the game from diff perspectives...Have a player nominate their top 5 or 10 career tries and show them all...Have David Middleton on each week to give us some bizarre fact or other and show any associated footage...have a 'coaching clinic' section for the kids each week where a player comes on each week and shows them how to kick, pass or how to read defence or something...and that's just off the top of my head!

I agree there's only so many times yu can see Mario Fenech getting falconned or Marty Bella playing the ball backwards or whatever before it gets boring - but the format wouldn't have to stay the same! The Footy Show is just a complete waste of space, however. One could almost go so far as to say it gives Rugby League - and ex and curent Rugby League players - a bad name!

I really miss Boots 'n All....that's all I know! Even my wife - who is far from a Rugby League tragic - she'll go to Bulldogs games with me and will watch a Bulldogs game or a State of Origin here & there on tele with me - but otherwise has no interest whatsoEVER in watching any other teams! But she would actually stop whatever she was doing of a Sunday - to come over & sit on the couch with me for that half an hour to watch Boots 'n All! She loved it! My 7 and 11 year old nephews - who had never seen at least 75% of the footage shown on that show, beacause they weren't around then - loved it! How can that be a bad thing?!

shaggy

Juniors
the point of the roast is its a discussion show, you watch what they say, and then argue that point with either the person on tv, whoever your watchin it with, or people at work on monday

i saw that ad as well, "with all that money they got from sterlo leaving" they could have bought a decent show but no they had to buy a lod of garbage & bring back the chief, oh why couldnt chief have been getting axed, so he could jump & neva eva come back

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
shaggy said:
the point of the roast is its a discussion show, you watch what they say, and then argue that point with either the person on tv, whoever your watchin it with, or people at work on monday

I can - and do - do that with mates at work & down the pub quite successfully and interestingly without their help though!

Do I need The Roast to tell me that Golden Point is a controversial thing? Do I need The Roast to bring up the topic - for the hundredth time - that maybe there should be 2 refs on the field? The vast majority of what they talk about is not exactly groundbreaking or trailblazing stuff - let's face it!

The Roast is just a 'virtual pub' for Mr. Scott NoMates! :p

And besides - I already know what Mark Geyer thinks on any given topic because I buy Rugby League Week and (sometimes, but not always) read his column. And I already know what Gus Gould thinks about an given topic because he won't bloody stop telling me - repeatedly - on every single media channel & outlet he is a part of...which seems to be a LOT of them!

Vossy is a fine commentator, but is not up to scratch with the likes of Matt Johns, Sterlo & others as a game analyst. The best part of the roast is that Matt Johns doesn't act like a total tit the whole time and actually puts his tremendous footballing knowledge to some constructive use.

Also - just as discussions just often START to get interesting, it's - "Whoops! time's up now - shut up fellas & stop talking about it - we've got to move on to 'is the salary cap counter productive to the game' - we've only done that one on this & various other channel 9 shows 27 times so far this season - so it's got some catching up to do!"

Skinner

Coach
FFS......these threads come up year after freaken year, pretty much on a weekly basis
during the season.......

Just some advice guys - If you don't like it....don't f**kin watch it.

It's really, really simple.

Brutus

Referee
The producers of the show should get the boot for this. It's been struggling for a few years now and all they can do is offer more rehashed garbage. Hope the show fails miserably.

All of these bad reviews....I bet my right bollock that the majority of nay-sayers will watch the first episode (at the very least).

Then it will get another pasteing...

But you'll watch it again...

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Skinner said:
FFS......these threads come up year after freaken year, pretty much on a weekly basis
during the season.......

Just some advice guys - If you don't like it....don't f**kin watch it.

It's really, really simple.

Wow, you are like - some kind of Super Genius as well as a SuperModerator!

That's brilliant!

Look - just because we don't like it - doesn't mean we can't still discuss it. This is a discussion forum. It's what it's for.

And to use your own selfsame logic - "if you don't like these kind of threads - then don't f**kin read them! It's really, really simple."

:p

MattJ

Juniors
Daneel said:
Bring on Ricko!!
He is so hot!!! Love to get my lips around him!!

Wow Ricko, you must do yogo or something, I didnt know you posted here, but keep your perverted self loving antics to yourself thanks.

It doesnt really matter who guest hosts as 80% of all the talk and stories will be knights related anyways, unless its origin time, then it will be a Qld wankfest.
F*ck i miss foxtel.

Latest posts