What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For any saints fans coming over to the UK

saintsam

Juniors
Firstly well done guys on winning the GF. As a St Helens fan we have always adopted you as our 2nd team. While we were gutted to lose our GF it has given us the opportunity to travel over to space park "The DW stadium ... no atmosphere!" to support you guys so hopefully your team will deffo hear "oh when the saints" English style. Speaking to may of our supporters many of us are looking forward to a good night out!

For any of you fans coming over we would love to meet up before the game for a meal or beers.

I am involved with a Saints supporters group in Warrington which is 20 minutes from Wigan and would be more than happy to sort out hotels and transport for any one wanting to stay around our area. Our groups website is the imperialexiles.com or net cant remember which one.

Come on the saints! Baz

Last edited:

STG-MACCA

Bench
G'day Sam,

If they confirm the game anyday soon, I will lock in my airfares for the journey over (with my fiance). Would certainly be up for a few beers and a meal prior to the game. Most of us are planning on hitting up Manchester, however taking in your local knowledge, if you think we should reconsider, please let us know on here!

Happy to take advice from a local :)

Thanks for getting onto this site to assist in getting this event sorted, there is approx 40 / 50 of us heading over from Sydney and we can't wait.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Firstly well done guys on winning the GF. As a St Helens fan we have always adopted you as our 2nd team. While we were gutted to lose our GF it has given us the opportunity to travel over to space park "The DW stadium ... no atmosphere!" to support you guys so hopefully your team will deffo hear "oh when the saints" English style. Speaking to may of our supporters many of us are looking forward to a good night out!

For any of you fans coming over we would love to meet up before the game for a meal or beers.

I am involved with a Saints supporters group in Warrington which is 20 minutes from Wigan and would be more than happy to sort out hotels and transport for any one wanting to stay around our area. Our groups website is the imperialexiles.com or net cant remember which one.

Come on the saints! Baz

That is mighty fine of you Sam. Mighty fine. Will be a home away from home for the Dragons by the sounds of it.

saintsam

Juniors
No worries chaps happy to help.

Hotels are much cheaper in Warrington than the cities. Its easy to catch a train into Manchester and Liverpool and Chester if you want sightseeing. All about 20 minutes away on the train.

Hotels range from £19 for a basic travel lodge out of town or £29 for better quality and around £50-60 for a 3/4 star with a gym and pool. not sure of the A$ rate now. You will pay £80-£100 for a similar city centre room.

Dependant on numbers I will be organising transport up to Wigan for our group so it would be no problem in getting a bigger bus.

Quigs

Immortal
Sam if I can supply you with a list of names can you keep the bastards over there after the game.

You would be doing our country a favour, it would be a case of your loss our gain.

And make sure the bastards pay everything by cash, do not, i repeat do not accept cheques off these blokes.

Cheers
Quigs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great thread and great gesture from Saintsam.

I have inlaws in Leicester so I'll make the drive from there, IF the $ allow me to get over.

Venue needs to be confirmed. Is it in Bolton or Wigan?

The Major

Bench
I even spoke to Natasha from the club and she's even aware of the possibility of the fixture being in Sydney after being made aware it has and continues to be discussed within the club management. So its definitely not just smoke being blown up our clackers.

Benny

First Grade
It'd save me a hell of a lot of money to only have to fly to Sydney from Vanuatu rather than to England but I'd be pretty gutted not being able to go to England.

Dad is a pom so can drop in to see the relo's, have some great friends in London to catch up with and top it off by hopefully seeing my beloved Premier League side Liverpool and League One side Leyton Orient play home games.

Also planned to have a tour of Lord's and Wimbeldon amongst many other tourist attractions I hope to see. If in Sydney I guess will have to tide my plans over till before London 2012 but the way my teams are going Liverpool will be in the Championship and Leyton Orient in League 2.

Not a great year so far for my 3 soccer teams (with Sydney FC coming last) after great previous seasons forteams I support with Sydney FC and St.George both winning the Minor Premiership and Premiership.

I even spoke to Natasha from the club and she's even aware of the possibility of the fixture being in Sydney after being made aware it has and continues to be discussed within the club management. So its definitely not just smoke being blown up our clackers.

serious??!!

Godz Illa

Coach
While playing it in Sydney would be super handy... I kinda hope it doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure Saints are one of only a handful (like 3or 4) clubs to have never played in the UK, which is a bit of a shame for a club as big as ours

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
While playing it in Sydney would be super handy... I kinda hope it doesn't happen. I'm pretty sure Saints are one of only a handful (like 3or 4) clubs to have never played in the UK, which is a bit of a shame for a club as big as ours

True. But if it does get played in Sydney, the Army will be out in force. f**k that sounds good!

Acka

Coach
Great thread and great gesture from Saintsam.

I have inlaws in Leicester so I'll make the drive from there, IF the $ allow me to get over.

Venue needs to be confirmed. Is it in Bolton or Wigan?

I heard the Reebok Stadium in Bolton on February 27. But don't take it as gospel

Stagger Lee

Bench
Wigan is a scum hole of a place and being Lancashire born and bred I should know!

Sad thing is I was over in the UK only a few months ago - I need to get better at sorting out my schedule. I hope it does get played at the SFS.

Quigs

Immortal
Saint Sam, have you mentioned the Visa Application Restrictions yet.

These folk in here are not the finest examples of law abiding community minded citizens.

This might help ... CLICK HERE

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
My mistake, I should of proof read the list supplied to me by the Poms.

Thanks for drawing that to my attention. I've korrected my spellun.

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts