What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Dragons and Hull supporters

Godz Illa

Coach
Hutty1986 said:
I'd take you over turn stile best any day
Sorry Hutty, but isn't it a bit passe to bag Colin Best now? He's clearly proven himself a valued member of the side.

The song is awesome btw.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Mate did u see his game today?

I agree with you, he IS a valuable member of the team but some of his positional play really does need some work

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We get the occasional UK supporter looking in and I thought it would be good for them to hear the Blacklock / Green Day tune.

Didnt think of Best at all. But imo, he played well today. They peppered him with kicks throughout the second half and he handled it well and often returned it with interest.

brendothejet

First Grade
the song is pretty lame i gotta say.

there is like two seconds of audio clips.

I love blacklock like everyone else, but some of these you need to see to fully appreciate the talent.

Plus how many times can this greenday song be pumped out. Someone said paying out colin best was passe....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Two seconds of audio clips? I think you might need a new watch brendo.

brendothejet

First Grade
Okay, if we are being literal.

There is a far greater percentage of cliched music to actual clips. Don't you think when greenday wrote it they were laughing saying "oh man, this is tripe but people are going to lap it up at school graduations, retirements and tributes"

I'd prefer to watch that clip of Blacklock chipping and chasing at WIN stadium against the tigers that floated around the internet for a while...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
brendothejet said:
Don't you think when greenday wrote it they were laughing saying "oh man, this is tripe but people are going to lap it up at school graduations, retirements and tributes"
I thought they wrote it specifically for Nathan Blacklock. ;-)

brendothejet said:
I'd prefer to watch that clip of Blacklock chipping and chasing at WIN stadium against the tigers that floated around the internet for a while...
You mean at Leichhardt.

This one here:
http://www.showroom.com.au/video/010603blacklock02.mpg
Takes a few minutes the first time you download it but its worth it.
For bookmark purposes, its taken from here: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/blacklock.htm

RABK

Referee
Interesting to note that Warren Smith says "And seal himself a blues jersey" or something like that after he scores the try. He never got that Origin jersey.

Great great try, i was there that day with my Brother (Tiger fan) and Sister (Dragon fan).

Red and Blue Knight said:
Interesting to note that Warren Smith says "And seal himself a blues jersey" or something like that after he scores the try. He never got that Origin jersey.

He said what everyone was thinking. I was at the game so missed the commentary but listening to the radio on the way back they all had him penned in.

I think that was his second or third year as top try scorer, he really couldn’t have done more to get into the team.

RABK

Referee
Yeah it was a travesty he never wore the Sky Blue especially seeing as it was players like Geyer and McGuiness getting selected infront of him.

Thoroughly deserved a chance if you ask me.

Kevin Hastings was the biggest injustice to never play for Australia in my book.

But Tingha never representing NSW was as bad. I remember that try at Leichhardt that day and thought exactly as Warren Smith did then listening for the NSW team and when his name was not there I refused to watch the Origin. I have nmever heard talkback radio inundated with calls about the same topic for the whole 1.5 hours after the footy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
SOTV match report 3rd June 2001:
John Simon attempts 40 metre field goal and it drops short. Jamie Ainscough picks it up and soon Saints are on their 30 metre line.
In the backline movement which follows, Lance Thompson shoots a cut out pass across to find Nathan Blacklock on his wing. Tingha accelerates and the crowd is on it's feet. He races downfield before he is met by two, make that three cover defenders at the Tigers' 30 metre line.
Nathan then chips over their heads and is immediately winning the race for the ball. What happens next is a miraculous bounce which Blacklock plucks from the air and the competition's leading try scorer completes his 70 metre run to score the match winning try - without a hand ever being laid on him.
This is truly one of the great Rugby League tries and one which elevates Nathan Blacklock into greatness within the Dragons' ranks. Sections of the crowd begin to chant, 'Blacklock...Blacklock...' as it becomes apparent that we have witnessed a wonderful Rugby League moment and one which will be talked about for years to come.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Daithi O'Conaill said:
I think that was his second or third year as top try scorer, he really couldn’t have done more to get into the team.
Yep,and he was the second highest in 1998.

By 2001, he had scored 20 tries or more for four seasons running. No one has ever done that before in the NSWRL/ARL/NRL competition.

It'll take years for many people to appreciate what an achievement that is.

fccasual

Juniors
he's looking like he could post another twenty plus tries a season at hull this year, seen that try againest wests a few times and still find it awesome, take tingha over besty any day.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Willow you are a champion. Great footage.

Southern Saint I agree with you big time on Hastings he was fantastic to watch but never got the rep honours he deserved.

Blacklock was ripped off as well. If he got the chance he would of killed it and still been scoring 25+ tries a season. Since he got overlooked for the 3rd time his desire just dropped big time. Poor bloke.

That try he scored in the GF against the Storm was amazing unfortunately that footage just brings back sad memories.

Latest posts