What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for those interested: Sterlo interview of mooks

True EEL

Bench
good interview to hear.....but without trying to be mean or rude, although he is an articulate man, i do hope he is a better coach than he is a fluent speaker....

stutter, stammer, repeat, repeat.
he seems to be getting worse with this.....

anyway, minor thing, just annoying.....

True EEL

Bench
SK seemed very aewstruck by Bellamy and Bennett and their current teams...hmmm?

also, I may as well forget the hopes of hayne moving to 5/8 anytime soon with SK's attitude of not wanting to pu too much responsibility on Jarryd.....geez to me that is a mistake, he is too coddled as it is - he is our best player period. Do you see Benji being sheltered at the Tigers, or Locky at the Broncos?

Help him to stand up!

mrpwnd

Bench
SK seemed very aewstruck by Bellamy and Bennett and their current teams...hmmm?

also, I may as well forget the hopes of hayne moving to 5/8 anytime soon with SK's attitude of not wanting to pu too much responsibility on Jarryd.....geez to me that is a mistake, he is too coddled as it is - he is our best player period. Do you see Benji being sheltered at the Tigers, or Locky at the Broncos?

Help him to stand up!
I think what he meant is that he wants every player to help out with their own individual abilities to support Hayne's already huge responsibility.

Mind you he's still as important to the Eels as Benji and Locky are for their respective clubs.

Coddled? Pfft, not many people his age have the same type of burden that Hayne has with the Eels, if they avoid the spoon this year I daresay it'd be because of Hayne, I could be proven wrong though.

True EEL

Bench
I think what he meant is that he wants every player to help out with their own individual abilities to support Hayne's already huge responsibility.

Mind you he's still as important to the Eels as Benji and Locky are for their respective clubs.

Coddled? Pfft, not many people his age have the same type of burden that Hayne has with the Eels, if they avoid the spoon this year I daresay it'd be because of Hayne, I could be proven wrong though.

i believe Hayne is coddled to an extent.....how many people of his age dictate to at least 2 coaches as to where they want to play and look like doing it to a 3rd coach.......?????

Gordy

Juniors
i believe Hayne is coddled to an extent.....how many people of his age dictate to at least 2 coaches as to where they want to play and look like doing it to a 3rd coach.......?????

Maybe that's where the coaches believe his best position is. Just a thought.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Might have something to do with him being our best player and wanting to play in HIS best posistion. Where in 2009 he was the best player in the world.

Chipmunk

Coach
My take on this interview is that most of it was pretty standard coaching philisophies and a fair bit about Stephen Kearney as a person, away from football a bit.

One thing I did seem to get the impression of though is that he probably doesnt have the greatest faith in the current squad. He talks about buying the right players so we can be competitive in the next 12 to 24 months. When pressed about who he thinks we will play in the Grand Final at the end, he seemed very taken back. He obviously doesnt realistically see us as a premiership threat this year.....thats fair enough, I probably wouldnt disagree with him from what I have seen this year....but he is at least $600k under the cap, why doesnt he go and buy some players NOW if he admits the current team isnt good enough!

spartan2153

Juniors
My take on this interview is that most of it was pretty standard coaching philisophies and a fair bit about Stephen Kearney as a person, away from football a bit.

One thing I did seem to get the impression of though is that he probably doesnt have the greatest faith in the current squad. He talks about buying the right players so we can be competitive in the next 12 to 24 months. When pressed about who he thinks we will play in the Grand Final at the end, he seemed very taken back. He obviously doesnt realistically see us as a premiership threat this year.....thats fair enough, I probably wouldnt disagree with him from what I have seen this year....but he is at least $600k under the cap, why doesnt he go and buy some players NOW if he admits the current team isnt good enough!

basically what i got

lingard

Coach

What players do you think are available right now?