What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for your consideration: coach Justin Holbrook

possm

Coach
JD walking around the Souths changerooms post game.
If only we could win him back.

Bennett met with Craig Young and Peter Doust towards the end of 2018 but a deal was not forthcoming. Was it money or politics around the control of pathways/recruitment/retention?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I could go for Barrett for the rest of the season only. Would give us time to get a high grade coach.
Barrett wouldnt take the job for just this season, he would want another 2 years on top, also he is currently "employed" by Manly, so we would need to take over the rest of the contract end of June, knowing the Dragons they would wait till its either very low amount owing or wait till he is off contract..

Dannyboy80

Juniors
Brad Arthur is also off contract at the end this season I think? I know parra aren’t setting the world on fire atm, but I think that could have a bit to do with the front office as much as the cattle they have on board. Big plus for me is that he knows how to get Corey Norman firing, who was pretty much the form half of the comp until Jarryd Hayne and Mitch Moses came kicking and screaming into town.. He also had eels playing a very attractive brand of footy.

Brad Arthur is also off contract at the end this season I think? I know parra aren’t setting the world on fire atm, but I think that could have a bit to do with the front office as much as the cattle they have on board. Big plus for me is that he knows how to get Corey Norman firing, who was pretty much the form half of the comp until Jarryd Hayne and Mitch Moses came kicking and screaming into town.. He also had eels playing a very attractive brand of footy.
We are St.George.
We should have one of the best coaches in the comp.
Arthur ain't that guy.

Frank Facer

First Grade
We do need a new coach from outside our current system. Someone with fresh new ideas. Someone who can identify talent and promote juniors. Someone with good football brain and who is prepared to be ingenuitive.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We do need a new coach from outside our current system. Someone with fresh new ideas. Someone who can identify talent and promote juniors. Someone with good football brain and who is prepared to be ingenuitive.
I’m surprised you didn’t say someone like you...

TheFrog

Coach
I've got just your man, except maybe for the ingenuitive bit, 58% win rate in his previous gig with a traditional also-ran beats ingenuitive I reckon.

We should, but all the best guys seem to be in a state of employment at the moment...
We had plenty of opportunities to appoint a better coach.
McGregor is a back room deal.
Even now, we have options if the club was serious about the coaching function.
But this is Board telling the Fans.
"We know best..."
"Mary is a career coach and regardless of results, we will prove to everyone that we made the right decision."
"Now just be quiet, keep renewing your memberships, keep buying Club merchandise and let us run the show the way it suits us.

Sad but true.

getsmarty

Immortal
We had plenty of opportunities to appoint a better coach.
McGregor is a back room deal.
Even now, we have options if the club was serious about the coaching function.
But this is Board telling the Fans.
"We know best..."
"Mary is a career coach and regardless of results, we will prove to everyone that we made the right decision."
"Now just be quiet, keep renewing your memberships, keep buying Club merchandise and let us run the show the way it suits us.

Sad but true.

Spot on Dennis.........