What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran on indefinite leave

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Geez Eels can't take a trick, finally a decent team and not only are they in danger of losing points but one of their main playmakers is now gone and not with an injury.

Wish Foran the best though

betcats

Referee
Hope Foran is ok, he seems fairly highstrung these eels dramas would be weighing on his mind no doubt along with his personal stuff, he might be better off at a more settled club like the Panthers :sarcasm:

Card Shark

Immortal
Had the coach on the big sports breakfast this morning in place of Foran whom was having physio...nothing to it they said.

Isn't he Pearce's good mate, Pearce has tagged him out.

T-Boon

Coach
True it won't fix itself, but it could be sorted out in a week or two. Who knows. Just the act of getting help and talking to someone is a pretty solid start. It wouldn't surprise me is getting back into the grind is the best thing for him soon enough.

betcats

Referee
True it won't fix itself, but it could be sorted out in a week or two. Who knows. Just the act of getting help and talking to someone is a pretty solid start. It wouldn't surprise me is getting back into the grind is the best thing for him soon enough.

It's hard to imagine this keeping him out very long but that is the thing with mental illness, it's hard to imagine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him. Mrs leaving you with your two kids is always going to be a tough gig to cope with. Hopefully nothing has happened we haven't yet heard abut and he is being proactive in getting help.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The fact that no one is taking the piss out of Foran is an improvement.

I think the fact that he hasn't been involved in any drama (well at least not publicly) and comes across as a well behaved guy means people give him the benifit of the doubt. It's different to a situation where boyd wrecked a hotel room or pearce shagging a dog before they came out with a mental health problem which is why people aren't quick to bag him

flippikat

Bench
I think the fact that he hasn't been involved in any drama (well at least not publicly) and comes across as a well behaved guy means people give him the benifit of the doubt. It's different to a situation where boyd wrecked a hotel room or pearce shagging a dog before they came out with a mental health problem which is why people aren't quick to bag him

Spot on.

If anything, he's a great role model because (as far as we know) he sought help BEFORE making any rash move that would've damaged his reputation.

A little time out to clear his head, develop coping strategies, and set new goals, and it's quite possible he may be back sooner than we expect.

Latest posts