Foran on indefinite leave

Discussion in 'NRL' started by I Bleed Maroon, Apr 28, 2016.

1. tomdl

tomdl Bench

wrong thread

2. AMD

AMD Juniors

I must say, he's been playing pretty well for someone who has things going on behind the scenes. Hope he gets the help and support he needs, and recovers well.

3. Paullyboy

Paullyboy Coach

This.

A lot of people have realised they can get away with anything and blame mental health because it's become a huge taboo to question anything about it, this doesn't strike you as one of those situations though, you'd like to think the bloke will come out the other side better for it.

4. no name

no name Coach

Hope the story I heard isn't true, good luck to him whatever the case is.

Also, not sure where the DT gets off saying he has been stood down when the Eels statement clearly says granted leave.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  5. magpie4ever

magpie4ever First Grade

Relationship break ups are not easy, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Definitely not a Parra fan but this bloke is a top level natural footballer. Best Kiwi footballer since Mark Graham.

6. Patorick

Patorick Moderator Staff Member

It's just a game.

Hope everything gets sorted and that all involved are ok.

7. wests1

wests1 Juniors

I'm actually heartened by the concern that's been shown on here. I tend to agree with other posters that foran seems a really level headed fella.
    Hope what ever the situation is works itself out.

8. nrlnrl

nrlnrl First Grade

Yep, we can overlook things when caught up in the emotion of supporting our team or disliking others & their players.

I realise there are everyday people who have problems that aren't discussed in the media, but we're all human beings that have frailties. It's the tough times when we need good support & real friends to help us through to enjoy the better times.

9. Sphagnum

Sphagnum First Grade

Poor bastard. Hope he gets well soon.

10. ek999

ek999 First Grade

The DT story also says he has missed training all week yet the Parra website has him in pictures of a training session from yesterday. Hopefully it is just dodgy reporting by the DT (which I think it is) and that info didn't come from within Parra which would indicate they are trying to cover something up

11. Wizardman

Wizardman First Grade

I wish him all the best on a quick recovery (unless he has been a prick)

12. Last Week

Last Week Bench

Well Nice Beaver takes Rugby League a bit too seriously. Sad really.

Good luck Foz.

13. Glen

Glen Bench

I'm sure of all the things he is going through, some dumb Manly fan having no respect for him isn't high on the list.

Hope he pulls through and is given adequate privacy

14. nomis88

nomis88 Juniors

Good to hear that it's a relationship bust up, for a while there I thought that pea heart was waiting for his much needed heart transplant. Anyway he has played his three good games he plays per year. For the rest he would either be injured or half-hearted like last season. Kieran, you reap what you sow. Don't mean to be nasty but the guy is an ace dickhead.

15. nomis88

nomis88 Juniors

And to all those wankers who said we kept the wrong half. Firstly, we didn't have a choice. Secondly, we kept the mentally tough one not the weakling who joined the slum dwellers.

16. nomis88

nomis88 Juniors

Just heard that Kieran is moving in with his old mate, some Roosters number 7 Origin great, to get his life back on track.

17. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

I still cannot understand why. Fans from 15 others clubs are pretty well united in total respect for a bloke who oozes class in everything he does. Probably time to take stock that people leave clubs every now and then, and as long as they don't shake hands on a deal then reneg at the last minute, they can hold their heads up.

That's the reason this hasn't been chased harder I believe, the media completely respect this guy and know it's coming from a place of honest struggle - not a shaky admission of mental health trouble after a piss-related incident.

Best of luck to him, hope he's back firing soon.

18. Scaven

Scaven Juniors

I too have no respect for him as he didn't put in at all last year for Manly and should have asked for a release instead of white-anting from within. However I hope he recovers and can put this behind him.

19. Pierced Soul

Pierced Soul First Grade

dodgy reporting by the tele? NEVER

Parra covering up something....NEVER

hope Foz gets whatever help he needs and gets back sooner than later. it's always a difficulty balancing privacy in the public spotlight. sometimes the less you say the more people dig

20. Nice Beaver

Nice Beaver First Grade

Piss off idiot.

So saying I don't respext the bloke but hope he gets through it all OK, means I take footy too seriously??

Take a look tbrough these forums you precious twat. I'm sure if Jamie Lyon went through the same you Eels supporters would really turn on the empathy :roll: