What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former first graders playing bush footy

The Joker

Juniors
Was wondering if anyone knows any former first grade players playing and/or coaching bush footy this year? I find it interesting to know where life after the NRL takes some former players.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
James Aubusson is with the Goulburn Stockmen..

Trent Barrett was going to play for Temora..Don't know if it happened or not..

Craig Field was playing for Cudgen last year..

skeepe

Immortal
Jason Croker is assistant coach of Gungahlin Bulls.
Mark Bell is coach of Yass Magpies.
Matt Gafa is captain of Belconnen United Scholars

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
I think Blacklock also did a cameo for Macquarie in the "real" NRL last year.
Brad Murray was with West Newcastle........until tomorrow I suppose. And Matt Orford has been helping coach their halves in the pre season.
Wayne Richards I'm pretty sure has been involved with Central Charlestown coaching.
Luke Quigley has played for Kurri recently and probably goes around again. I think Daniel Abraham also played with them.
Nathan Hinton has been with South Newcastle, not sure if he still is or not.

Hutty1986

Immortal
There would be a fair few former players playing in Group 7 wouldn't there?

The Crow coaches the Gerringong Lions and his boys play for them (Though one of them got picked up by the Dragons, Pat I think?)..there'd be a few more running around too

Nathan Blacklock is captain-coach at Tingha again this year after doing the same job at Muswellbrook last year. He is trying to get Preston to play a game or two as well, but we will see.

Paul Stephenson is c/c at Inverell.

Anthony Kaberry is c/c at Uralla.

James Wynne is c/c at Orange Hawks.

Dennis Moran is at Parkes.

Grant "Squasher" Wooden is c/c at Scone.

Matt Parsons is co-coach at Werris Creek and it is their centenary this year so I will be surprised if he doesn't pull the boots on again. Saw him a few weeks ago and he is looking pretty fit for a 130kg bloke.

I don't know what Ewan McGrady is doing this year but you can be sure he's playing somewhere, even if its not first grade. Same with his brother Ricky.

Not sure about Peachey. He has been playing for one of the Dubbo sides but might have hung them up now.

Richie Allan has been playing for West Belconnen for years in the Canberra comp. Not sure if he still is.

Andrew Walker played in country Qld last year. Not sure who for.

I'm sure there's heaps of others.

Last edited:

Latest posts