Former League Commentators

Discussion in 'NRL Media Watch' started by Knight87, Jul 25, 2007.

1. davi

davi Juniors

It was reported NINE CEO David Gyngell who played a significant role in putting the statue together wasn't impressed with Andrew Voss comments either. It was also reported two years ago that Voss coming back at Nine was out of the question despite Voss interested in coming back.

There's also much speculation about the future of Fox Sports' Andrew Voss, who is off-contract. He's been linked to a possible return to Nine. The noise out of Fox Sports is he could be swapped with Nine's Mat Thompson. We're also told this isn't on the cards.

Voss will not be coming back to Nine, where he was understudy for many years under Ray Warren, at all.

You might recall Voss once sued 2GB leviathan and Nine caller Ray Hadley, who tore strips off Voss for criticising the statue erected of Warren in his home town of Junee.

Voss hired celebrity QC Stuart Littlemore, whose legal team subpoenaed private emails between Hadley and former Nine chief executive David Gyngell. The matter was settled on the steps of the court but it had a dire impact on Voss' career.

Hadley has just re-signed with Nine for three years. Gyngell is a non-executive director. So, no, Andrew Voss is not coming back to Nine, despite reports elsewhere that he wants back in.

Despite this, Voss' colleagues at Fox Sports fear he is out of favour and might not be renewed. Which is a shame because he is a very good caller.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...new-life-into-footy-show-20171019-gz3spg.html

2. Patorick

Patorick Moderator Staff Member

Think it's just a personality clash.

Some people just don't get along with certain types of people.

3. Patorick

Patorick Moderator Staff Member

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/vossy-has-food-poisoning-no-second-half-call.178675/

Geyer and Ikin.

#unforgettable

4. Vee

Vee Bench

As per the Thread Title, I grew up in Qld country in the 70s with only the ABC BRL Game of the Week 1 hour highlights show on Sunday arv.

Arthur Denovan was the ball-by-ball commentator, always paired with either Cyril Connell or Johnny Brown.

Years later, I met and became mates with Cyril Connell and later still, he introduced to me to Arthur Denovan at a Broncos pre-season launch.

These guys were the voice of football in the bush when I was growing up and I was absolutely starstruck. Broncos Origin and Test stars all around me that night and all I wanted to do was talk to these two.