What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
If everyone who did what Jack did was sent to the bin there would be half a dozen every week,

High tackle yes, penalty yes, given his history gets a week nothing more.

Massive over reaction just because it’s Jack.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wouldn’t say I’m death riding him, but he has a long history of this stuff. You need sensible heads for finals footy. Plus as fangs mentioned, he’s not in our best 17 anyway.

I'm happy to agree with him being not in the best 17 this year. Just think he's being unfairly judged due to reputation.

Kilkenny

Coach
Couldn’t play Hetherington in the finals unless there’s injuries. Can’t afford sin bins at the pointy end of the season

100% agree wouldn’t take the risk but feel sorry for the kid sin binned on reputation tonight. Yes it was high and a penalty but we’ll see similar this round go largely unpunished.

Flashstep

Juniors
I can see both sides to the Hethrington thing, I do think sometimes the refs will judge him on his reputation but the fact that he even has a reputation for being a f**kwit after only 20 or so games is concerning.

Fangs

Coach
That tackle had nothing to do with having a brain or not. Was careless at worst.

Maybe not but do the maths, the guy has a habit of getting in trouble. Long history of it.

Over reaction or not, he has earned his title. And when a guy like Tapau stays down you know the offender is in trouble.

I can only see a starting role for Jack. I could tolerate penalties if he played close to 80 and churned out big metres/tackles like JFH or Yeo. If he wants to play a Leota/Leniu impact role then he needs to cut out the crap.

The_Frog

First Grade
If everyone who did what Jack did was sent to the bin there would be half a dozen every week,

High tackle yes, penalty yes, given his history gets a week nothing more.

Massive over reaction just because it’s Jack.
Henry Perenara and Jack have a bit of history. I suspect he might get a grade 2 out of that.

The_Frog

First Grade
And with Carry over add another 2 weeks for it. 3-4 weeks after a guy was knocked out of the game. Sin bin seems fair
I don't know what his build ups for priors are but it's 50% for each similar offence and he seems to have had a few. The game can ill afford to chase players away from the sport but it's up to Jack himself. I do think the add-ons for priors are too harsh though.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't know what his build ups for priors are but it's 50% for each similar offence and he seems to have had a few. The game can ill afford to chase players away from the sport but it's up to Jack himself. I do think the add-ons for priors are too harsh though.

6 suspensions in 20 odd FG games. Similar lower grade record