What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

The_Frog

First Grade
Great career move for Tyrone at this point in time. Not a word from mainstream media in this country which is a good sign for him. They move on quickly. The fact that he accepted the Panthers decision without challenging it (where he might well have had a case) perhaps leaves the door open for his return to the club later on.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Great career move for Tyrone at this point in time. Not a word from mainstream media in this country which is a good sign for him. They move on quickly. The fact that he accepted the Panthers decision without challenging it (where he might well have had a case) perhaps leaves the door open for his return to the club later on.
Might have? That is highly unlikely. From all reports his contract was unsigned.

snickers007

Juniors
Might have? That is highly unlikely. From all reports his contract was unsigned.

His contract for 2021 ended on 30th Oct 2021 - yet he was dragged in to defend himself on November 3rd, where they 'terminated the NRL playing contract of...'.

If he was unsigned the decision becomes 'have decided to not renew the NRL playing contract of...'.

Same result, but very different processes.

Still, I don't think he'll ever be back. Panthers seem happy to pretend he doesn't exist, having failed to mention him at the GF parade or presentation night. They don't seem to realise that they can hold his conduct in contempt, while still acknowledging his contributions to the club. Personally I wouldn't want to go back to an organisation like that.

DinkyDi

Juniors
His contract for 2021 ended on 30th Oct 2021 - yet he was dragged in to defend himself on November 3rd, where they 'terminated the NRL playing contract of...'.

If he was unsigned the decision becomes 'have decided to not renew the NRL playing contract of...'.

Same result, but very different processes.

Still, I don't think he'll ever be back. Panthers seem happy to pretend he doesn't exist, having failed to mention him at the GF parade or presentation night. They don't seem to realise that they can hold his conduct in contempt, while still acknowledging his contributions to the club. Personally I wouldn't want to go back to an organisation like that.
I have to admit, that it was poor forum in not acknowledging his contributions, I get that. However, May should have thought about his actions before hand.

The_Frog

First Grade
Not worth arguing about. Folou got a payout, no reason May wouldn't have got one as well. What is law is not influenced by public opinion or the "values" of corporations.

The_Frog

First Grade

Surprising signing but he was an integral part of St Helens three straight titles. I thought maybe the Dolphins might have been interested. No doubt he'll be a back up at Bondi.

Whino

Bench
1992 was a train wreck, could have been because of all that.

Might have been that.

Sure was. He actually wasn’t too bad for us I thought. Shame he only had one season.

Maybe it was because Xuereb was coming home.

From what I can recall I thought he was very solid for us. I saw an old match recently and he stood out. I still remember his goal kick against Balmain that won us the match. Halfway line IIRC.