What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

DinkyDi

Juniors
Might have been that.

From what I can recall I thought he was very solid for us. I saw an old match recently and he stood out. I still remember his goal kick against Balmain that won us the match. Halfway line IIRC.
What's IIRC?

The_Frog

First Grade
Might have been that.

From what I can recall I thought he was very solid for us. I saw an old match recently and he stood out. I still remember his goal kick against Balmain that won us the match. Halfway line IIRC.
I remember a kick over halfway, that must've been it.

Going back a bit. Can anyone remember why Andrew Leeds only stayed 1 year with us?
I can't recall. It may have been Wests had a better offer or he wanted to leave after the what happened in 92.
Or Gould wanted something different from his fullback.
We certainly changed fullbacks over the years. Even during the Gould years. Greene, Barwick, Xeurub, Brandy. Probably others. He was always changing something up. I know he put Brandy there a few times to encourage his running game that he felt had gone quiet at Half. Other times we had no one else. I think Fittler even played a game or two there in 1990?

Leeds was solid for Wests from 1993 to his retirement in 99. We could have used that. After he left it was a revolving door.
Xeurub, Matt Adamson, Morvin Edwards, Brandy shifted there when Freeman came. Bobby Thomson and the Aeroplaneman Jorgensen.
Jorgensen often got criticised for his defence. He started 99 on fire with 10 tries from 6 games, and he was much improved with his defence. Unfortunately he did his knee and was never the same again.
It wouldn't be until the dreadful year of 2001 that we would have our next gun FB. The 2nd coming of Wesser.

Might have been that.

I remember a kick over halfway, that must've been it.

On halfway. Gould wanted to kick for touch and go for a field goal but the message never reached the players. It was a beauty of a kick.

roofromoz

First Grade
Going back a bit. Can anyone remember why Andrew Leeds only stayed 1 year with us?

For what it's worth, I have sifted through the SMH Newsbank archive and can't find anything substantial - so it may have just been a one year deal for 1992 and then he joined Wests.

DinkyDi

Juniors
He probably won’t need to be vaccinated. At least not for a while as he would have antibodies to COVID.
They recommend that the unvaccinated people, who have contracted COVID, still receives their vaccinations, 8 weeks post contraction. I know this as fact, as I know a few who that applied to.

They recommend that the unvaccinated people, who have contracted COVID, still receives their vaccinations, 8 weeks post contraction. I know this as fact, as I know a few who that applied to.
Did they have serology tests to determine whether or not their specific antibody levels to COVID were at an acceptable level?

The_Frog

First Grade
They only ask if you are waiting on a test result when getting vaccinated. My son aged 6 had the jab yesterday 3 weeks after having the virus (although he wasn't tested as all the testing stations were closed and he was only unwell for one afternoon). Mum and Dad tested positive days later. The doctor who jabbed him was told all this.

DinkyDi

Juniors
They only ask if you are waiting on a test result when getting vaccinated. My son aged 6 had the jab yesterday 3 weeks after having the virus (although he wasn't tested as all the testing stations were closed and he was only unwell for one afternoon). Mum and Dad tested positive days later. The doctor who jabbed him was told all this.
Not good about your son. I am recovering from COVID, and I have been tripled vaccinated. AstraZeneca has my primary ones, and Pfizer was my booster.

Kilkenny

Coach
The current vaccines are only capable of reducing the risk of hospitalisation and or death and as we know do not prevent getting infected.

I understand it is not in the interests of big pharma to deliver a vaccine that prevents infection, but hopefully one company will rise above the dollars and do the right thing.

Sadly there is no money in cures, not for shareholders anyway.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The current vaccines are only capable of reducing the risk of hospitalisation and or death and as we know do not prevent getting infected.

I understand it is not in the interests of big pharma to deliver a vaccine that prevents infection, but hopefully one company will rise above the dollars and do the right thing.
That is the case with all vaccines. Nothing is full proof.

Latest posts