What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Girds89

Bench
So if you play left you're 6 and right you're a 7? Lol ok
Not at all. But he only ever gets into 1st reciever on the left.

Watch nath play..he gets into first reciever all over the park. He actually directs the team around. Burton does not do that.

You can put whatever spin on it you like but hes been playing as a 6 all year. No ifs or buts about it haha.

Man ive seen some people make some excuses and be overly biased towards players on here but your bias towards burton is laughable.

I have no doubt he will become a good player but hes nowhere near the level you think he is atm.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Watch nath play..he gets into first reciever all over the park. He actually directs the team around. Burton does not do that.

You can put whatever spin on it you like but hes been playing as a 6 all year. No ifs or buts about it haha.

Man ive seen some people make some excuses and be overly biased towards players on here but your bias towards burton is laughable.

I have no doubt he will become a good player but hes nowhere near the level you think he is atm.
He's playing 7 sweetie

Smug Panther

First Grade
You thrive on talking up our former players but are no where to be found on talking up our current players.

Seriously, you need to realign your allegiances.
You've accused me of being overconfident and calling nonsense that we only need to go at 70% till September. Which one is it?

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
You've accused me of being overconfident and calling nonsense that we only need to go at 70% till September. Which one is it?
Your position on Rhys Wesser sums you up perfectly.

Your position on Dylan Edwards prior to this season likewise.

In respect of Rhys his record speaks for itself, currently there is no debate around our greatest ever fullback.

Now Dylan Edwards is freakish in a different style something which clearly escaped you for a very long time. Most astute judges recognised his qualities but astute you are not and you ad nauseam wanted to bang on about his absence of a passing game. Well he has well and truly dispelled that myth you seemed to delight In perpetrating Time and time again.

The facts speak for themselves and you do yourself no favours when you denigrate the achievements of a truly great Panther in Rhys Wesser.

WestyLife

First Grade

In respect of Rhys his record speaks for itself, currently there is no debate around our greatest ever fullback.

Now Dylan Edwards is freakish in a different style something which clearly escaped you for a very long time. Most astute judges recognised his qualities but astute you are not and you ad nauseam wanted to bang on about his absence of a passing game. Well he has well and truly dispelled that myth you seemed to delight In perpetrating Time and time again.

The facts speak for themselves and you do yourself no favours when you denigrate the achievements of a truly great Panther in Rhys Wesser.

Remember when he got moved to the wing and dropped because he was playing so bad? Yeah he worked hard and became a top fullback, credit to him but the majority thought he was mediocre at best until 2020.

Kilkenny

Coach
Remember when he got moved to the wing and dropped because he was playing so bad? Yeah he worked hard and became a top fullback, credit to him but the majority thought he was mediocre at best until 2020.
I never doubted him.

You obviously did.

You and others were wrong.

Not ever, ever did I doubt him.

soc123_au

Staff member

I remember Smug cheerleading pretty hard for Dylan as far back as 2016. iirc it was mostly based on his effort plays and never giving up in defence.

Iamback

Coach

I think this is an adequate comment on right now. The evolution would be playing both sides

He's playing 7 sweetie
If he is he isn’t doing a very good job of it. Great boot, but with the ball in hand he has to play too deep to create anything outside of him, which in the modern game where you need to play at the line is not great.

His rep career in the first few years will be at centre, which is where his skill set (strong ball runner, huge boot) can be best utilised. If he can improve decision making both with and without the ball he could become an amazing lock; think Yeo but with a kick.

Munky

Coach
If he is he isn’t doing a very good job of it. Great boot, but with the ball in hand he has to play too deep to create anything outside of him, which in the modern game where you need to play at the line is not great.

His rep career in the first few years will be at centre, which is where his skill set (strong ball runner, huge boot) can be best utilised. If he can improve decision making both with and without the ball he could become an amazing lock; think Yeo but with a kick.

The player Burton most reminds me of is Jamie Lyon.

Runs great lines and exploding onto the ball.

Has a much bigger boot though.