What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Low key but Blake Austin is shoe in for man of steel barring injuries. Considering 80% of the players there can't tackle he'll play like prime Hayne in the super league. Over there are about 4 or 5 good teams and the rest are hardly different from NRL reserve grade. Well suited to a flashy player like him.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Didn't we have the current Man of Steel at Panthers for half a season or so a couple of years back? Wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement of the award, was it?
I was referring more to betting purposes but yeah it isn't a big achievement and that's why he's a shoe in.

franklin2323

Immortal
In a story on Fox sports. Morris confirms Moylan will go back to his 'natural position' fullback where he plays his best footy.

Atleast someone agrees with me that Moylan is a much better fullback then half

Fangs

Coach
In a story on Fox sports. Morris confirms Moylan will go back to his 'natural position' fullback where he plays his best footy.

On the surface you have an ally.

On closer inspection I think you'll find he is just saying that as they have a logjam in the halves. They had to replace Holmes with another star even if that meant moving Moylan.

#Moylan4life

franklin2323

Immortal
On the surface you have an ally.

On closer inspection I think you'll find he is just saying that as they have a logjam in the halves. They had to replace Holmes with another star even if that meant moving Moylan.

#Moylan4life

Is there a worse halfback then Townsend though?

OldPanther

Coach

I think it's more that they were forced to buy Johnson and he's a half and Moylan can cover fullback to a high enough standard.

He is the closest to Holmes they have.

On here for years everyone has been saying Moylan should of been 6 with Dallin 1.

DWZ and Dugan are very similar in what they bring as a FB.
Dugan makes DWZ look like Moyza. The game has passed him by as a fullback and he's a peaheart who's made of glass

Fangs

Coach
Is there a worse halfback then Townsend though?

You'd think that. In fact just about every RL fan thinks that. Yet he is one of the first picked each week. He must do something right.

Sharks problem now anyway. They definately would have preferred Barba before Johnson.

mxlegend99

Referee
He is the closest to Holmes they have.

On here for years everyone has been saying Moylan should of been 6 with Dallin 1.

DWZ and Dugan are very similar in what they bring as a FB.
Dwz is tough. Dugan only pretended to be. Dugan is too bulky and slow to be fullback. Hes nothing like Holmes either... Holmes and Dallin are fast and powerful. Dugan is just bulky.

Im glad Moylan is being shifted to fullback. Prevents him ever reaching his potential at Sharks. Will be very disappointed if we dont bomb the f**k out of him and smash him all game.

Hes not very strong. But he is tough and will take the hits. Hopefully stop him carving us up. God knows we couldnt stop him at 6.

Dwz is tough. Dugan only pretended to be. Dugan is too bulky and slow to be fullback. Hes nothing like Holmes either... Holmes and Dallin are fast and powerful. Dugan is just bulky.

Im glad Moylan is being shifted to fullback. Prevents him ever reaching his potential at Sharks. Will be very disappointed if we dont bomb the f**k out of him and smash him all game.

Hes not very strong. But he is tough and will take the hits. Hopefully stop him carving us up. God knows we couldnt stop him at 6.
If Luai doesn't work out we better be asking him to come home

franklin2323

Immortal
Dugan is a much better centre than fullback though. Team balance is much better this way.

Which was the same when Bryce was 6 for us. Better him then Hardaker or someone on the wing while he sits on the bench. Yet still it was called a bad call then yet not now?

franklin2323

Immortal

They are more dangerous now. Ex players always carve us up no matter where they play