What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
Ofcourse they can.

Ffs there's a long time between now and Round 1. Could be late roster changes or serious injuries between now and then.

exactly. Still players to move and JFH, Cleary not training yet bound to be a few other minor injuries over pre season. so who knows how teams will look in round 1

franklin2323

Immortal
Witness protection lol wtf he was going through a bad break up with a girl he cheated on who was getting her friends or family to harass him. If you cant see how getting out of Penrith and into another state would help ease that situation for himself, his missus and their baby then I cant help you mate, its self explanatory.

It isn't like he moved to go work as a plumber or something low key though.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The rumours of threats were real. Plenty of reasons for him to leave. Would love to see him return on minimum wage and resurrect his career. Sorry not minimum wage as apparently we donf do that. But a modest contract for a guy who is a risk.

So would I.

It's interesting to note that Gould reguarly meets with Bryce and is mentoring him. If that doesn't show you that Gould cares about players in his care, or ones that have had issues. To me this speaks about the depth of relationship that Bryce has with Panthers too.

The bloke had to get away (for reasons outlined here in depth)

It appears as though Gould's is hands on in helping him re invent his footballing career. Good to see. One very talented player.

OldPanther

Coach
So would I.

It's interesting to note that Gould reguarly meets with Bryce and is mentoring him. If that doesn't show you that Gould cares about players in his care, or ones that have had issues. To me this speaks about the depth of relationship that Bryce has with Panthers too.

The bloke had to get away (for reasons outlined here in depth)

It appears as though Gould's is hands on in helping him re invent his footballing career. Good to see. One very talented player.

Gus seems to care about players a lot in general.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's part of the passion that makes the game

Gus get’s very little credit for it. He loves the players that why he continues in his role. He doesn’t do it for the money or the glory (not that there’s been any of that) he just is totally passionate about his job and we should respect that. He deserves a lot more credit than he is given.

mxlegend99

Referee
Sharks are very good at replacing stars. 3 year deal is s surprise. Would have expected Roosters to get him for once Cronk retired.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Sharks have signed Johnson for 3 years. Even with all their cap dramas, staff sackings and financial problems. And want to sign Martin Taupau as well according to SMH.

They also won Flegg and made GF in NSW Cup.. Proving you can strengthen your FG squad and go well in juniors

Crashtest

Juniors
From Nathan Cleary’s comments in the media yesterday, he loves the place and never intended to leave. And given the number of players that have extended their contracts this year without really testing their worth in the market, they obviously feel the same way.

Which is a great sign for the future of the club, and shows the great work Gus has done focussing on junior development since returning to the Panthers. Griffins comments on NRL 360 when he tried to take all the credit for this, pisses me off even more now.

Cleary article:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/491fd4a7c6327fd5544976505eeae59b

Kilkenny

Coach
Sharks are very good at replacing stars. 3 year deal is s surprise. Would have expected Roosters to get him for once Cronk retired.

The SJ signing only made possible by losing Valentine Holmes so more good luck than good management. The only other club who could have perhaps made a bid for SJ would have been the Raiders given they are going into 2019 with a halves pairing of Aiden Sezer and Sam Williams so good luck with that Ricky.