What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards 22
DWZ 23
Blake 25

We had young guys in our squad. In the starting side locked up long term. Whare and Mansour also locked up long term.

Gus stupidly thought it was a top 4 team and the whole backline locked in. Why would you then think we need to take a risk on Sivo? So it is all mindset. Parra were more desperate and had the better opportunity of course Sivo took it

OldPanther

Coach
Edwards 22
DWZ 23
Blake 25

We had young guys in our squad. In the starting side locked up long term. Whare and Mansour also locked up long term.

Gus stupidly thought it was a top 4 team and the whole backline locked in. Why would you then think we need to take a risk on Sivo? So it is all mindset. Parra were more desperate and had the better opportunity of course Sivo took it

We only just locked in Mansour again though. That's when a team like Storm or Roosters would let them go but we re-signed on nostalgia.

franklin2323

Immortal
We only just locked in Mansour again though. That's when a team like Storm or Roosters would let them go but we re-signed on nostalgia.

Whare shouldn't of been on a 5 year deal either but the point is they were. So limited what the squad balance was

The only side that wanted to take a punt was the side that was running last. They are the real winners here but for every one of these that works out there are 4 or 5 that don't

Whare shouldn't of been on a 5 year deal either but the point is they were. So limited what the squad balance was

The only side that wanted to take a punt was the side that was running last. They are the real winners here but for every one of these that works out there are 4 or 5 that don't

How do you know the eels were the only ones willing to take a punt?

OldPanther

Coach
Radradra is coming home will announced after the World Cup

Eels 2020 backline

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Ferguson
4. Blake/ M.Jennings
5. Radradra
6. Brown
7. Moses

Sh*t I gotta go chance my shorts

Show some gratitude. We gave you the means to be in the top 8. Panthers Charity knows no bounds.

Kilkenny

Coach

I don’t agree about Mansour. Loyalty works both ways, or should, and given the loyalty he had shown to the Panthers I think he was entitled to the new three year deal he was given. He may have only scored one try as opposed to Sivo’s however many he is up too but I am happy Josh Mansour is still with us. Sometimes you need players who offer more than just the number of tries or offloads or tackles or whatever is your thing and Josh offers something that cannot be be measured by statistics and that is his passion for the jersey.

Eels 2020 backline

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Ferguson
4. Blake/ M.Jennings
5. Radradra
6. Brown
7. Moses

You’ll definitely need to change your shorts if that backline fails in 2020 and beyond. We’ve given you enough of a leg-up by providing a third of that line up.

Don’t f**k it up.........

P.S. If Radradra fails to return, stick Blake on the wing..........

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the whole Parramatta Eels salary cap situation is quite comical only a few years on from being caught out for blatant salary cap cheating.

They are linked with just about everyone big name player on the market including RCG.

I know they have a few players off contract but I just can’t get my head around how they are linked with making big name signings and surely have no more money available than just about anyone else in the comp. (Other than the couple of clubs who basically don’t have a salary cap)

Whino

Bench

Eels 2020 backline

1. Gutherson
2. Sivo
3. Ferguson
4. Blake/ M.Jennings
5. Radradra
6. Brown
7. Moses

Ferguson is not a centre. Much better on the wing.