What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

maple_69

Bench
I think Mansour is the type of winger that will perform best in a poor team. When you have a pack like ours that tends to get us down field his contributions don’t shine as much. Sauce has probably been my favourite Panther for the last 4/5 years. I think he still does his job well and has developed some great decision making in defence. His lack of tries is as much the fault of the 3 guys inside him as his.

In saying that, backline spark is a big think missing from this side. Moving on from Blake is a much bigger question mark to me than Sivo. It’ll take a good signing to replace him but I think the time is coming to do it and move on from Mansour.

Fangs

Coach
He has 16 from 18 games.
Naden has 8 from 9. With another 5-6 bombed.
Their wingers see the ball in attack ours don't if we change that To'o will score more career tries than Sivo

Parra suck, but their attack is about x20 our own.

Cleary has gone one step in the right direction. The Broncos will be very wary of him running next weekend and that changes everything. That may be enough to free up some space out wide.

franklin2323

Immortal
Parra suck, but their attack is about x20 our own.

Cleary has gone one step in the right direction. The Broncos will be very wary of him running next weekend and that changes everything. That may be enough to free up some space out wide.

Our attack is now where it should of been to start the season. So far behind the 8 ball but To'o will score more tries than Sivo will over his career. Just need the halves to realise we can go wider than the backrowers

Last edited:
One is 25 one is 20 for starters. Our attack has much more room to grow also.

Overall To'o might score tries, but he might struggle to reach the peaks Sivo can. He's on track for 20+ tries this season, that's pretty rare air. Someone like Sivo can create their own try, he's a pretty unique talent attack wise. Wingers like him don't come along often.

franklin2323

Immortal
Overall To'o might score tries, but he might struggle to reach the peaks Sivo can. He's on track for 20+ tries this season, that's pretty rare air. Someone like Sivo can create their own try, he's a pretty unique talent attack wise. Wingers like him don't come along often.

To'o is 5 years younger. You'd think by the time they both end their careers in that 5 years To'o overtakes him.

For how we use our wingers both ours ave more metres a game so in the short term until we get a game plan to match he is doing what we need

To'o is 5 years younger. You'd think by the time they both end their careers in that 5 years To'o overtakes him.

For how we use our wingers both ours ave more metres a game so in the short term until we get a game plan to match he is doing what we need

That’s a bit of a false choice, though.

I’d rather a winger who could score 20 tries a season for 4-5 years. Sivo’s age is pretty irrelevant for mine.

But we could’ve had both of them anyway. That’s the real shame.

also, when you have someone like Sivo, you change your game plan to get him involved.

OldPanther

Coach

We could've had both though.

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s a bit of a false choice, though.

I’d rather a winger who could score 20 tries a season for 4-5 years. Sivo’s age is pretty irrelevant for mine.

But we could’ve had both of them anyway. That’s the real shame.

also, when you have someone like Sivo, you change your game plan to get him involved.

I know I am critical of Gus but in this case who is going to choose an unproven 25 year old. Over a 20 year old that can tick all the boxes you need.

I know I am critical of Gus but in this case who is going to choose an unproven 25 year old. Over a 20 year old that can tick all the boxes you need.

That isn’t what happened, though. To’o wasn’t in the top 30 at the start of the season. We could’ve had them both at the club this year. In fact we brought in MWZ from the tigers, Gus didn’t think To’o was ready for the top 30.

I would’ve had Sivo in our top 30 in a heartbeat. It was a no risk situation, with heaps of upside. Big miscalculation by the club to let him go. Guys of his physicality come along very rarely.