What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
I bet the Tigers come back with a sharper offer for DWZ. Maguire seems to be keen on him.
I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Dallin but I haven’t the slightest idea why they would be remotely interested in him.

Daine Laurie is a really good talent, who will get better, and should have the fullback position locked up. Why bring in DWZ as another winger, I don’t get it, they got Nofo and a couple of decent kids who can fill the other wing position.

Whino

Bench
I don’t mean to be disrespectful to Dallin but I haven’t the slightest idea why they would be remotely interested in him.

Daine Laurie is a really good talent, who will get better, and should have the fullback position locked up. Why bring in DWZ as another winger, I don’t get it, they got Nofo and a couple of decent kids who can fill the other wing position.

I am not sure either. Maybe he wants a backup for Laurie should he go down? That said I would have thought they have enough wingers.
They should spend their money elsewhere.

BxTom

Bench
I am not sure either. Maybe he wants a backup for Laurie should he go down? That said I would have thought they have enough wingers.
They should spend their money elsewhere.
Or maybe it is a rumour emanating from DWZ's agent to try and drive his value up (or maintain it)?

mxlegend99

Referee
Latest rumour doing the rounds. A player swap between DWZ and BJ!
Some clubs never learn.
Tigers would win that trade. Dallin atleast has a dig every week and brings passion to the team. He has some brain dead moments but not nearly as many as BJ.

Why would Bulldogs even consider that? I hope it happens. Be nice to see the worst team in the competition get even worse.

betcats

Referee
Tigers would win that trade. Dallin atleast has a dig every week and brings passion to the team. He has some brain dead moments but not nearly as many as BJ.

Why would Bulldogs even consider that? I hope it happens. Be nice to see the worst team in the competition get even worse.

Dogs probably want to free up a backline spot and some cap space. I think they might use BJ in the back row.

BxTom

Bench

BJ and Jack!! Made for each other!!! Get it done Trent no matter what it takes.

Pomoz

Bench
BJ and Jack!! Made for each other!!! Get it done Trent no matter what it takes.
This is delicious. OMG, TNT and Nitroglycerin all in the same team. If they could just get Travis Burns as their defensive coach you could create a situation so volatile it might cause spontaneous combustion and solve the mystery of how to create perpetual energy.

Imagine the conversations:
Jack "you looking at me bro?" - opposition looking in the opposite direction "Err no Jack, I was looking at the referee"
BJ " he's not looking at you he was dissing my brother. I'm gonna kill you!" - opposition "Mummy!"
Travis Burns on the sideline, catches his reflection in a puddle of water "What you f*cking looking at" and launches himself at the puddle muttering "I'm gonna kill you mother fecker"........

The judiciary will be booking holidays in the South of France. The overtime is going to pay for first class tickets and a week in Biarritz, possibly two weeks and all the caviar they can stomach.

Oh please Trent, please do it..........

BxTom

Bench
This is delicious. OMG, TNT and Nitroglycerin all in the same team. If they could just get Travis Burns as their defensive coach you could create a situation so volatile it might cause spontaneous combustion and solve the mystery of how to create perpetual energy.

Jack "you looking at me bro?" - opposition looking in the opposite direction "Err no Jack, I was looking at the referee"
BJ " he's not looking at you he was dissing my brother. I'm gonna kill you!" - opposition "Mummy!"
Travis Burns on the sideline, catches his reflection in a puddle of water "What you f*cking looking at" and launches himself at the puddle muttering "I'm gonna kill you mother fecker"........

The judiciary will be booking holidays in the South of France. The overtime is going to pay for first class tickets and a week in Biarritz, possibly two weeks and all the caviar they can stomach.

If only Tommy Raudonokis was still alive. A bit of face slapping and a gee up from Tommy to get them revved up...

betcats

Referee

Travis Burns hahah I forget about him. Now there is a guy who would not do well with the new head shot interpretations!

soc123_au

Staff member
Travis Burns hahah I forget about him. Now there is a guy who would not do well with the new head shot interpretations!
His final act for us was the funniest high shot I've ever seen. Who knew he could jump so high. Ha ha.

Kilkenny

Coach
His final act for us was the funniest high shot I've ever seen. Who knew he could jump so high. Ha ha.

It was sad from my perspective the way Travis Burns was largely rubbed out of the game. Sure his tackle coming out of the line didn’t look good , but 12 weeks or whatever he received was way overs in my opinion.

WestyLife

First Grade

soc123_au

Staff member
It was sad from my perspective the way Travis Burns was largely rubbed out of the game. Sure his tackle coming out of the line didn’t look good , but 12 weeks or whatever he received was way overs in my opinion.
The suspension was very harsh. He went off the rails toward the end. Hopefully he has gotten his shit together in retirement. He had a few demons to deal with away from footy.

Kilkenny

Coach
The suspension was very harsh. He went off the rails toward the end. Hopefully he has gotten his shit together in retirement. He had a few demons to deal with away from footy.
Travis enjoyed a decent career, for a player who really wasn’t naturally gifted. 127 games with Manly, Nth Queensland and the Panthers before finishing his career with another four seasons in the ESL. You could never question his heart or commitment. The 12 week suspension was a sad way to end his time with us.