What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formula 1 2009 Round 1 Melbourne GP

griffo346

First Grade
whos going to win and why?

IMO Lewis Hamilton will win because his car was one of the best during testing :D

However i would love to see a upset (Webber) to win :D

Parra

Referee
How good is One HD? All sessions LIVE. Watching Friday practice right now.

If they can do this for every race...... At least qualifying live will be a big step forward.

As far as the race - with the tech changes it will be the team who gets the set-up spot on. The rear wings are much smaller, slick tyres and a twilight race - getting the setup right will be vital.

griffo346

First Grade
i agree parra im looking to see if we have the grand prixs live as well as before i had to wait till 11pm and they race was over before we got to see it

Parra

Referee
GP's will be live. 10HD had them live last year.

Qualifying was on delay, and no other sessions were shown at all.

mrbishi

Juniors
whos going to win and why?

IMO Lewis Hamilton will win because his car was one of the best during testing :D

However i would love to see a upset (Webber) to win :D

The Mac-Merc's have been struggling for awhile now, so much so that during testing they were still using a modified 08 rear wing, theres trouble there if they dont sort it out soon, as you can see by yesterdays practice with lewis running 17th

Last edited:

griffo346

First Grade
so where proberly looking at a upset then from someone in a toyota, williams or even a red bull :)

mrbishi

Juniors
how good would it be for webber to get his 1st win! I have a feeling it will be a toyota, but if the 3 teams with the different rear diffuser crumble and webber cant get up there im hoping its kimi with lewis a big DNF

griffo346

First Grade
Brawn GP announces partnership with Virgin

Brawn GP confirmed on Saturday that the team has agreed a partnership agreement with Sir Richard Branson and the Virgin Group on the team's debut race weekend at the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.

The partnership brings together the world championship winning experience of Ross Brawn and the technical expertise of the Brawn GP team with the marketing and business skills of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group.

This is Virgin's first foray into the world of Formula One and the first step in what is anticipated to be a broader relationship between the two.

The Brawn GP team's BGP 001 car will take to the track at Albert Park later this afternoon in qualifying for tomorrow's Australian Grand Prix featuring Virgin branding.

Ross Brawn, Team Principal of Brawn GP commented; "On behalf of the Brawn GP team, we are delighted to have signed a partnership agreement with Sir Richard and Virgin in Melbourne today. An exciting debut race weekend for our team has become even more important as we have secured our second commercial agreement of the season. We look forward to working closely with the Virgin Group and sharing our on-track successes."

Sir Richard Branson said; "I have always said I would love for Virgin to be involved in Formula One and I am thrilled that we will be entering this fantastic sport with people as skilled as Ross Brawn and the Brawn GP team. Over the years Virgin has had the great honour of partnering with technical geniuses and I truly believe that Ross Brawn is to F1 what Burt Ratan is to space travel with Virgin Galactic. We are confident that the Virgin BGP 001 car driven by Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello will go from strength to strength this season and we look forward to a great future working with the Brawn GP team."

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9074.html