1. We're currently experiencing some severe and unexpected problems with our server. We're working on it, and we thank you for your patience. In the meantime, visit https://leagueunlimited.com for all your news and updates, or check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week, Joshua Wells speaks with injured Canterbury forward Joe Stimson as he works his way toward an NRL return next season, and we have a big double spread of the Rugby League Project's 'Rugby League Scorigami!

EDITION 6 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Forum 7's 2014 :: Team Registration Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Sevens Headquarters' started by Monk, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Monk

Monk Referee

So with the All Stars Game going on (and writers eager to get their hands dirty) I think it's time to put up this thread and see which teams are returning for the 2014 Forum 7's season.

I can say with certainty that Souths will be back to defend their title, and even though we've lost a few players to retirement/the real world i'm excited to see which new writers will join the competition and which regulars will take their games to lofty new heights!

Also - With SGL's resignation from the Dragons captaincy, a spot has opened up there which needs to be filled - any takes?

Please list below if you would like to captain a team in 2014 or if your team is returning from last season. Also if you are a new player, feel free to post and ask questions about the game.

When we generate an appropriate amount of interest i'll create a draw for the '14 season.

Competing teams in 2014 - Souths, Titans, Bluebags, Ninjas

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. Non Terminator

Non Terminator Coach

I will be back as referee.

3. Titanic

Titanic First Grade

The Titans will be back to keep you waskally wabbits honest.

4. Drew-Sta

Drew-Sta Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to attempt to get the Bags back off the ground. Can't make too many promises though.

5. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Scott Gourley's Lovechild Referee

Drew, get in touch with the old Dragons players. By the end of last year we only had 3 players! Tanner Ave, DB would be a good starting point.

6. Monk

Monk Referee

So is that confirmation of the Dragons folding? No chance of anyone coming forward and trying to steer the team to victory?

7. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

They would need to recruit a lot of people Monk. Better to move those two into another side and make them stronger.

whall15 was good for a few articles too Drew.

8. Monk

Monk Referee

fair call mang, did you wanna jump back into the souffs locker room (or another sides) or take the year off?

9. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

I'm out for good. No time or patience to go around again, and without the ability to write creatively my scores will never leave the 84-88 section.

10. Monk

Monk Referee

Fair call mang, you will be missed :ls:

11. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

Sad to see you go SGL, you're a top writer! Thanks for all your hard work at the Saints too, very much appreciated :D

I'm keen to have a run for Souths if there's any spots available.

12. Monk

Monk Referee

I'd like to keep the Dragons afloat if I could, but if it comes to dropping the league down to four teams then there is a spot in the Souths locker room for you mate!

13. Drew-Sta

Drew-Sta Moderator Staff Member

I'll contact whall, DB and Tanner Ave.

14. Scott Gourley's Lovechild

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Why don't you take a crack at captaining Saints? With whall15, DB, and Tanner Ave you're on your way to a good squad. Need another 3-4 guys that can contribute regularly.

15. Titanic

Titanic First Grade

Although you end up flying close to the wind, if you can get a committed group of 4 and a couple of swingers then with only a hand full of games to play you should be okay.

Can I suggets that if the numbers drop to 4 teams don't make it three rounds ... quality over quantity is my thought.

16. [furrycat]

[furrycat] Coach

I'd like to play again - its been a while so I'm not even sure what teams are still playing.

17. Monk

Monk Referee

At the moment it's Souths, Titans, Bluebags and most likely Ninjas.

Dragons are iffy though not 100% out at this stage. You've pretty much got your pick of the litter with which crowd you want to roll with.

18. jamesgould

jamesgould Juniors

Sorry, just saw this thread. The Ninjas are keen, but currently have 2-3 players ... I obviously need to get recruiting. I really hope we can find the numbers - but it won't be easy.

19. Monk

Monk Referee

Okay looks like it'll be four teams for this season. Captains, do you best to recruit. With Hutty on board I think souths are close to being set so if I find any players who are keen I'll send them onto y'all

20. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

I'd love to, I just don't honestly think I'd be able to dedicate as much time to it as I would like. Got a couple players in mind, might see if RABK and a sports journo mate of moine are keen to get into it this season