What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum history:

SadShark

Bench
Well, youse are all a part of me self flagulating life and I luv ya's ya derty bunch of kaarnts.

No please skews moi, for I'm orf ta git me sock cucked.

lolesi

First Grade
Booyah was a great fella.

I find with work its hard getting on here much these days.. though when I do its normally lurking and having a quick read of the happenings and goings on..

millersnose

Post Whore
Ive been on this joint for a while and I reckon we should maintain a bit of a forum history thread for noobs and oldies alike. When I got on here (nearly ten years ago, sheesh) I knew nothing, it seemed like there were a lot more posters and a lot more threads but less good info. These days I reckon that the number of posters is dropping sharply but the quality of posting has increased and idiotic feuds are kept to a relative minimum.

I believe that LU is the second incarnation of the Sharks forum, I'm sure Reefy and Frenz can update on this. I joined just after LU launched.

We had our own little SuperLeague saga when in 2006? the CSSC was formed mainly from posters on this place, they had their own private sub forum to organise events etc. They had a spectacular falling out with site admin and launched their own forum in direct competition to LU. In those days if you typed in "CSSC" the word filter replaced it with "mason". There was huge drain on posters and a lot of ensuing animosity which never really sorted itself out until there was a new guard and Quigs et al turned the joint into a lovûe in.

Anyway, share your forum history highlights here and fill in any history that you can.

Notable former posters and where are they now:

Beeker: Probably the most famous forumite who went on to become chaiman after a very active and combatative posting career.
Salmon: Capatalist pig who lives around the corner from me. Avoids this place. Too busy working.
King of the Hill: No idea
Sharkie Army Gorilla: No idea
Sideline Eye: Was a leak from within the club, actually went to training and had a tonne of sick info. No idea
Punk: ?
Cheese: I went to school with him. I got a text recently of him wearing a dragons jersey. Has he gone to the dark side or was it a bet?
Macca: Long time prez of the CSSC. Still lurks and occasionally posts. Working with the lower grades.
Nulla#2: Another one of the CSSC organisers who now works with the club in an official capacity.
Nulla #1: ??
Bundy: Good bloke still seen around the club.
Redback: Banned or left. Who cares?
El Coconuto: Went on to briefly become memberships managers and now works in Melbourne.
El Garbo: Still involved with the CSSC and will put his head in here to help out on that front.
Big Bad Covell Fan: Sadly missed.

There are a thousand others and in my view they are all welcome back. Post away!
So let me get this straight

CSC members and supporters of Irvine have been rewarded with jobs at the club and positions of influence

Faaarg me ded

Jimbo

Immortal
Booyah was a great fella.

I find with work its hard getting on here much these days.. though when I do its normally lurking and having a quick read of the happenings and goings on..

Hi mate

How's your cousin? :p

sharknows

Bench
Hadn't seen Millers for yonks until the Asada bit hit the news...the master of cynicism....just likes to stir the shit. Be farked if he'd have anything positive to contribute.

chileman

Coach
Nuh, it's come back to me.

Sharkette married Manly man groggo.

chileman was fizman's bro in law or something

:sarcasm: Sheeeesh I'm glad Frenzy cleared that one up or I'd have groggo after me and also my dear chilewoman calling the chilean mafia to stick a horse head in my bed........

:D Heya BS, how are you champion....I do believe I still owe you a beer from about 10 years ago :p
Bit like many others here, I still come in and browse but with work and family life I just don't get the time to post! Have enjoyed reading this thread from the start though, scary to think I was with many of you guys from the start and have met most of you too :D

...and yes, fizman is my BIL ;-)

chileman

Coach
deep in dragons territory I see
:D Someone has to keep ém honest after a stroll along peaceful Shellharbour beach, besides it's better than living in El Bosque, Santiago, Chile :p lived all my childhood/teenage years in Heathcote as a Manly supporter so just can't bring myself to hate the Sharkies ;-)

Latest posts