What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Upgrade

As you may have noticed, we've just upgraded our forum software to the latest major version. There are some new features that come with the new software, and we'll highlight these over the next few days.

Just like any major upgrade there are likely to be teething issues, but we'll work through these as quickly as possible.

If you've got any bugs to report or constructive feedback, please post them in this thread and we'll take a look.

This Year?

Immortal
The x in a light grey circle in the top right corner of the ad appears now on my android phone. Thank you for fixing what was an extremely frustrating experience. I totally understand ads are needed to keep a site free.

Eelogical

Referee
I hope my post is taken constructively. The video commercial that keeps popping up is very annoying to the point that it's unlikely anybody will watch it's content. I understand that this being a free website for us to enjoy does come with commercials for it to be a viable proposition. But if any advertising becomes annoying, no matter the platform, it only drives away the intended market - not increases it. This not only applies to the sponsor, but to the forum users. A tweak of said commercial is all that's needed, imo.

TooheysNew

Coach
We don't control the ad content. We just display it.

I somewhat agree, but if the advertiser is happy to pay for nobody to watch the content, that's their prerogative.

Eelogical

Referee
We don't control the ad content. We just display it.

I somewhat agree, but if the advertiser is happy to pay for nobody to watch the content, that's their prerogative.
Maybe if it was displayed in a better manner they would continue to be a sponsor and we wouldn't be annoyed/frustrated. Just my input, and thanks for the reply.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe if it was displayed in a better manner they would continue to be a sponsor and we wouldn't be annoyed/frustrated. Just my input, and thanks for the reply.
Not a sponsor in the sense you're referring to. That's not how ad content works.

With respect, getting annoyed/frustrated is a choice. But of course, based on constructive feedback, the display has been adjusted.

I find most people are ok with it. And we've had similar ad content in the past.

With every change in these forums (over the last 20+ years), we have received feedback. Most of that feedback is helpful. A small amount is not helpful. The majority of posters just seem to get on with it.

Latest posts