What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forums Sevens

ParraMatt

Bench
RedDragon said:
ParraMatt said:
Dragon Fanatic said:
Well prefferebly we should start again. I know it shits everybody up the wall, but i have some points that will sway your decision.
1.We can the NRL involved which will bring revenue in for this site
2.we can get real nrl clubs get involved with the team that represents them
3. We can have 15 teams like in the Nrl
4.We can have a new reps running so we can have SOO and CityV Country.
5.We can get a Reserve Grade Comp going
6.We can play for money!
The onlt way we will be able to achieve these things is by starting from scratch.

1. rediculous.
2. Ummm No that would be disadvantaging teams such as Rhinos
3. Ummm You wont find the players
4. Should worry about the basics before getting technical
5. Haha U cant even find enough players for first grade so why worry about reserve garde u twit.
6. Pffffft yeh thats really a good point, And im sure it will attract more people pfffft.

You live in a fantasy world i must say.

:) ahhhhh
So glad he has quit..it is a huge foward step minus the team.

He has caused way to many problems and takes peoples ideas personally.
Why would we want thim on this great site when he abuses people for having a go at getting good ideas to help the forumsevens?

Good Ideas? Saying Rhinos shouldnt be in the forum sevens and saying we should chagne our name and money should be involved are good ideas. *deep breath* Problems Problems Problems.
So long.

ParraMatt

Bench
Hello.
I want to firstly let you all know i now have proof of how RedDragon is such a bad sport. Firstly he tells everyone "dont join Rhinos". Well listen here mate, I'm willing to put everything behind. Rhinos will remain a team whether u like it or not.
Rhinos will be a team i am captain and we will have 7 players by the time the competition starts. I dont want to have nothing to do with RedDragon but and everything will run sweatly. Dont talk to me and i dont talk to you and see you during the Draw.

Cheers
ParraMatt

Collateral

Coach
ParraMatt said:
Hello.
I want to firstly let you all know i now have proof of how RedDragon is such a bad sport. Firstly he tells everyone "dont join Rhinos".

Yeah of course I am going to tell my mates not to join your team.

ParraMatt said:
I dont want to have nothing to do with RedDragon

That fine with me because since you entered this site I have said I dont want anything to do with you.

ParraMatt

Bench
Obviously RedDragon doesnt understand english on how i said to "not talk to me anymore" becasue he comes storming on msn and talking to me on that, He is blocked now so its all good.
STOP TRYING TO TALK TO ME REDDRAGON. GET IT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL.

Collateral

Coach
ParraMatt said:
Obviously RedDragon doesnt understand english on how i said to "not talk to me anymore" becasue he comes storming on msn and talking to me on that, He is blocked now so its all good.

Yeah i took the arguements away from this site to stop it from being clouded up with crap....arent I the smart one :lol:

But who is the fool that brought it all back here :roll:

and in that MSN convo that I "stormed into....i swore 0 times and you swore,,hmmmm let me see:
1, 2, 3, 4 times in about 2 minutes...who is storming now :lol:

ParraMatt

Bench
RedDragon said:
ParraMatt said:

Yeah i took the arguements away from this site to stop it from being clouded up with crap....arent I the smart one :lol:

Maybe your not understanding what I am saying.
I dont want to talk to you on here or behind the scenes, I dont want anything to do with someone that accuses me of poaching there players when i had no idea who you even play for and have no idea what your talking about, And still even if you didnt accuse me about that i still dont want anything to do with you because i just dislike you with the arguments u made me and buzz fight over so leave me alone and DONT TALK TO ME.

Collateral

Coach
ParraMatt said:
RedDragon said:
ParraMatt said:

anything to do with someone that accuses me of poaching there players when i had no idea who you even play for.DONT TALK TO ME.
Of course you wouldnt know anything about poaching my players if you didnt know who I managed. The fact is you did. And the final fact to end this crap is that YOU STARTED THIS ARGUMENT on this site within 3 days of being here. From now on I will not even read ParraMatt's posts so if he replies to this it is obviously just to boost his post count or something.

'Apologies to the rest of the forum for having to sit through all this but I had to defend myself against someone calling me an idiot for making a suggestion.
No more ParraMatt for me thanks....

Cheers everyone...that was the last Parramatt post i will read :D
and I couldnt be happier :D :D

Anonymous

Juniors
Do we reeeeeeeeeeally have to restart? I mean, we're not getting very far by restarting the competition every 2 rounds. It's June now for crying out loud.

I realise it's not easy contacting everyone, but really, how hard is it for the people who were posting at the other site to start typing a different address into their address bar? I just do not understand situations like these.

Collateral

Coach
I'm not really in favour of restarting the competition either...and i think trials tend to waste typed up articles.

Why dont we have a poll/vote on whether to restart or not?

ParraMatt

Bench
RedDragon said:
ParraMatt said:
RedDragon said:
ParraMatt said:

anything to do with someone that accuses me of poaching there players when i had no idea who you even play for.DONT TALK TO ME.
Of course you wouldnt know anything about poaching my players if you didnt know who I managed. The fact is you did. And the final fact to end this crap is that YOU STARTED THIS ARGUMENT on this site within 3 days of being here. From now on I will not even read ParraMatt's posts so if he replies to this it is obviously just to boost his post count or something.

'Apologies to the rest of the forum for having to sit through all this but I had to defend myself against someone calling me an idiot for making a suggestion.
No more ParraMatt for me thanks....

Cheers everyone...that was the last Parramatt post i will read :D
and I couldnt be happier :D :D

that is the biggest load of crap i have ever read, and yeh mate im writiing this just to increase my post count. :roll:

Zef

Juniors
RD, Matt.

As someone looking on from the outside and who's talked to you both plenty of times in the past and (once I get me MSN set-up) will in the future, let me tell you both you stopped scoring points off each other about 50 posts ago. The more you'se carry on now the more own goals your potting.

Time for a cup of nice Devonshire Tea.

Collateral

Coach
Zef said:
RD, Matt.

As someone looking on from the outside and who's talked to you both plenty of times in the past and (once I get me MSN set-up) will in the future, let me tell you both you stopped scoring points off each other about 50 posts ago. The more you'se carry on now the more own goals your potting.

Time for a cup of nice Devonshire Tea.

No worries Zef..i officially quit about 40mins ago....I dont even bother reading his posts unless they are constructive. :D

I am happy and much prefer to just sit here and try get the F7's going and play well for Souths like I said yesterday.
Nothing else really interests me anymore. 8)

El Coconuto

Bench
On ya RD. It's just a matter of maturity here. Lets get this comp rolling peoples. As for starting again Thierry I dont think we are left with a choice? Some teams remain, some don't, but I do maintain that a comp should just be something small first time around.

Cheers guys.

Anonymous

Juniors
RedDragon said:
I'm not really in favour of restarting the competition either...and i think trials tend to waste typed up articles.

Why dont we have a poll/vote on whether to restart or not?

I thought a poll would be a good idea as well. But we have to consider those things which are actually possible to deliver on.
Which questions do you suggest in the poll?

Anonymous

Juniors
El Coconuto said:
As for starting again Thierry I dont think we are left with a choice? Some teams remain, some don't, but I do maintain that a comp should just be something small first time around.

Its a tricky one isn't it?

The way things are progressing, the make up of the comp will be different. I'm still hanging onto the possibility that we can come up with an idea which will see the comp continue but at the very least, the draw will change.

If we continue, the teams at the top of the ladder will benefit because they have a head start... but they did earn those points.

If we start again, the new teams and the teams at the bottom of the ladder get a fresh start... which is a little unfair to winning teams.

But then again, we may have no choice if the new draw dictates a re-start.

IMO, this is the one of the final sticking points.... do we start again or do we keep the comp points as they were?

broncoman

Juniors
broncos had won 2 of our 3 games, what happens to our points, its unfair on the teams we beat if we turn into the bye or something.

on the broncos front willow, i will be hoping to get the broncos back up and running next season.

Anonymous

Juniors
broncoman said:
broncos had won 2 of our 3 games, what happens to our points, its unfair on the teams we beat if we turn into the bye or something.

The Broncos points still stand on the 2003 table but the team forfeits the rest of the season.

It's unfortunate but if a team drops out of any competition, the points can't really be given back weeks down the track. Those games were physically won and lost when they were played.

If there's another solution, we're all ears. But I can't see any other way.

broncoman said:
on the broncos front willow, i will be hoping to get the broncos back up and running next season.

Thats good news broncoman. 2004 is certainly shaping up to be a great season.

Anonymous

Juniors
Ok everyone. We have made the best part of 80 posts and we are still not sure of the best solution to this re-start v continue debate.

The general consensus seems to favour the season continuing with a revised draw. That is, the competition points scored should be counted.

There is no way that we can come up with a perfect system here - but imo, we should just get on with it now. Methinks perfection will have to wait till next year.

Semi-finals
For those teams that feel that other teams now have a head start, we should remember that with plenty of rounds left to run, every team has a chance to make the semi-finals.
A top 4 may seem overly generous with 6-8 teams but it should give everyone an even chance coming into the last rounds.

IMO, a generous cut-off point is a fair trade-off for the competition tail-enders. With approximately 8 rounds to play this year, everyone stands a chance to of being there on grand final day.

Table
If you look at the table, its obvious that we are every team stands a chance with the top team only on 6 points:

Newtown 3 3 0 0 0 99.5 86.4 6
Roosters 3 2 1 0 0 112.7 74.6 4
Dragons 3 2 1 0 0 113.0 94.2 4
Broncos 3 2 1 0 0 109.2 105.2 4
Penrith 2 1 1 0 1 81.5 80.0 4
Balmain 3 1 2 0 0 66.0 72.7 2
Souths 3 1 2 0 0 103.7 103.1 2
Rhinos 3 0 3 0 0 61.0 93.7 0
Bulldogs 3 0 1 0 1 24.8 34.4 2
Parra 2 1 1 0 0 42.8 56.4 2
Sharks 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

The teams in italics are either out for the season, merged or trying to get a team up for this year.
Broncos and Balmain are out... may be back next year.
Bulldogs and Parra were merged but it seems to be just the Bulldogs now. Mr Bulldogs is on the case there.
Sharks may get a team up for this year but will have to hurry.

What I propose is that we kickoff round 4 this coming Sunday 8th June with a revised draw to be announced beforehand. Fulltime will be on Wednesday 18th June.
That gives the teams in question plenty of time (approx 2 weeks from today) to find out where they stand.

This is in line with the same system we had before. What does everyone think? Mr Bulldogs, I think we all require your input here... imo, its time to get this show on the road.

Willow said:
What I propose is that we kickoff round 4 this coming Sunday 8th June with a revised draw to be announced beforehand. Fulltime will be on Wednesday 18th June.
That gives the teams in question plenty of time (approx 2 weeks from today) to find out where they stand.

This is in line with the same system we had before. What does everyone think? Mr Bulldogs, I think we all require your input here... imo, its time to get this show on the road.

You have my support on that proposal.