What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward thinking.

sladden road

Juniors
So watching the match last night I was shocked at how often South’s were able to get numbers in the forwards and rag doll our pack. Their line speed was fantastic. As Someone else said we got bullied.

I was really hoping that we were not going to be confronting the “one prop short “ idea this year. But fugg me. The times that Souths would get numbers in, pick us up and lift us backwards was upsetting. They seemed more physical. Uele had the run that out Jai “Dancing lessons” Arrow on his back but couldn’t replicate it .
Also pissing me off was the fact that they played for over 40 minutes with two forwards out. WTF.
Last year when Robbo got Lodge I questioned it. Now I see the benefit.

it will be tough to match the Rabbits and the Pennies and dare I say it the hated reverse Chadgirls without one of ours turning into a flesh eating merkin, or Fitz buying Nathan Brown and the eels kicking in half his packet.

it’s bloody great to go “better man theory”. I am truely a fan of that. We might just need one merkin.
it is rugba league after all.

R-15-3

Bench
Wouldn’t mind seeing Ronaldo go to fullback for 3-4 plays a game. South’s didn’t kick near him all night, he had the least amount of involvement in years. We missed his starts to sets last night.

Frenzy.

Immortal
So watching the match last night I was shocked at how often South’s were able to get numbers in the forwards and rag doll our pack. Their line speed was fantastic. As Someone else said we got bullied.

I was really hoping that we were not going to be confronting the “one prop short “ idea this year. But fugg me. The times that Souths would get numbers in, pick us up and lift us backwards was upsetting. They seemed more physical. Uele had the run that out Jai “Dancing lessons” Arrow on his back but couldn’t replicate it .
Also pissing me off was the fact that they played for over 40 minutes with two forwards out. WTF.
Last year when Robbo got Lodge I questioned it. Now I see the benefit.

it will be tough to match the Rabbits and the Pennies and dare I say it the hated reverse Chadgirls without one of ours turning into a flesh eating merkin, or Fitz buying Nathan Brown and the eels kicking in half his packet.

it’s bloody great to go “better man theory”. I am truely a fan of that. We might just need one merkin.
it is rugba league after all.

That's true but they also did a job on the back 5 with holding them up lifting. They had a real good game plan to knock out our advantages. Quick play the balls from the packies and metres from the backies. Then run at the slackies. Only Sifa was really effective in offence from the back 5 but his D stunk cancelling out half of his metres. He was a backie but a slackie.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We are lacking that forward that drags players Tom Burgess you watch him we struggle to handle him one on one, he seems stronger then our guys.

Parra will have a tactic straight through the middle they will take the punt there props can out muscle ours, then inside 20 will sweep right.

Hazelton needs to be given a go, and as a starter he has size to match.

Souths through a kid in Moale 19 years, and he made 150 metres against us, that is telling us, our middles need to muscle up, or i am predicting that the Eels props will make yardage against us

Weaponhead

Coach
It's no secret that the game plan to beat Cronulla is power running through the middle. Canberra, Souths (semi final) and Easts blew through the Sharks ruck to win comfortably.

Fortunately, only a few packs have the quality to do it consistently.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It's no secret that the game plan to beat Cronulla is power running through the middle. Canberra, Souths (semi final) and Easts blew through the Sharks ruck to win comfortably.

Fortunately, only a few packs have the quality to do it consistently.
Problem is that means we won't be winning anything till Fitz sorts out the problem

sladden road

Juniors
We are lacking that forward that drags players Tom Burgess you watch him we struggle to handle him one on one, he seems stronger then our guys.

Parra will have a tactic straight through the middle they will take the punt there props can out muscle ours, then inside 20 will sweep right.

Hazelton needs to be given a go, and as a starter he has size to match.

Souths through a kid in Moale 19 years, and he made 150 metres against us, that is telling us, our middles need to muscle up, or i am predicting that the Eels props will make yardage against us
Stake I don’t think Parra have the cattle to do it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
;
Stake I don’t think Parra have the cattle to do it.
I do

Paulo 208/86 metres vs NAS
RCG 199/65 vs Welch
Hopgood 172/62 vs Josh King

Thats the starting middles. NAS, Welch and King went better than our fellas.

MInd you, I don't see us playing that rusty again.

3 of last years Top 4 crashed this round. 2 out of 4 of the 5-8 teams lost.

Panthers lose to Broncos
Roosters lose to Dolphins

Plenty of fancied teams went as bad or worse than we did

Craigshark

First Grade
8. Hunt
9. Brailey
10. Finucane
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13 Mcinnes

14. Rudolf
15. Uele
16. Williams
17. Hazelton/Graham

Looks better to me.

Inferno

Coach
Aside from Rudolf I don't think there were many other forwards consistently ragdolled.

He needs to develop a side step or something because he is easily worked out by the defence.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Aside from Rudolf I don't think there were many other forwards consistently ragdolled.

He needs to develop a side step or something because he is easily worked out by the defence.
Watch his carries, when he runs straight and hard with head more down he goes ok.

When he get to vertical he gets smashed.

He also seems to struggle more inside our own 30

PJ

First Grade
;

I do

Paulo 208/86 metres vs NAS
RCG 199/65 vs Welch
Hopgood 172/62 vs Josh King

Thats the starting middles. NAS, Welch and King went better than our fellas.

MInd you, I don't see us playing that rusty again.

3 of last years Top 4 crashed this round. 2 out of 4 of the 5-8 teams lost.

Panthers lose to Broncos
Roosters lose to Dolphins

Plenty of fancied teams went as bad or worse than we did

True, but for mine we looked terrible and the scoreline flattered us.