What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found Dugans Replacement - The Man!!

Hawkins

Juniors
Ha. Not touching that with a six foot pole.

Sharks supporters get awfully sensitive when you suggest that their racist, stitches pulling, dick grabbing self confessed drug cheating captain is anything but a "hero".

Most of em block me so I doubt they'll read it.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It's beyond me why he speaks such utter garbage ? What does he expect to get out of making such a ridiculous statement ? There was money to made when fighting and as such he had to " talk the talk " to ensure that there would be a good turnout at the fight .

But there is no money to be had out of this , as there is no way on earth that the Dragons would ever consider having him wear our jersey again . I give him he dues for what he has done with the aboriginal community and the Australian fight game in general . But he lost me when he changed his religion ( no disrespect intended to anyone ) basically because he believed , that he would then become a pint-sized version of Muhammad Ali .

Then to rub salt into the wound, he would not stand for the Australian National Athem , fook me , what a insult to the country and also to his own race . He is one of these people who want their cake and eat eat too .

I met his father on a couple of occasions when he was boxing , a true gentleman and ever so modest . It's a shame that young Anthony was not more like him . I can only say that Anthony , if you truly wish to play once again , then do us all a favour and go back to Brisbane. .

Very well said.
His father is a gentleman and l have as much respect for him and l don't for Anthony.

Hills Dragon

Juniors
I ran into Mundine while working security at the Koori knockouts in January this year.
He is idolised by the youth... he gives back so much to his people that goes un noticed.
I approached him and had a chat.
I told him his days in the red V where highlight years for me as a fan.
I asked him about all this talk associating him with the rabbitohs etc...
His reply blew me away, he simply said "Dragons for life baby".
He actually said he wants to return to the dragons and blitz it... i took it as typical mundine hype.
He is actually an awesome guy away from the camera.
I heard Hitler was quite a nice guy too when he wasn't talking politics or war.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I have been away and got back on the forum and read about this crap. Its a waste of space about Mundine coming back. If he was under 30 I would not have a problem but he is not .

Minh

First Grade
I'm pretty sure it's a total gee up....no club in their right mind would sign a 40 something year old Mundine let alone let him take the field in FG.....

Gandhi

Juniors
It's beyond me why he speaks such utter garbage ? What does he expect to get out of making such a ridiculous statement ? There was money to made when fighting and as such he had to " talk the talk " to ensure that there would be a good turnout at the fight .

But there is no money to be had out of this , as there is no way on earth that the Dragons would ever consider having him wear our jersey again . I give him he dues for what he has done with the aboriginal community and the Australian fight game in general . But he lost me when he changed his religion ( no disrespect intended to anyone ) basically because he believed , that he would then become a pint-sized version of Muhammad Ali .

Then to rub salt into the wound, he would not stand for the Australian National Athem , fook me , what a insult to the country and also to his own race . He is one of these people who want their cake and to eat it too .

I met his father on a couple of occasions when he was boxing , a true gentleman and ever so modest . It's a shame that young Anthony was not more like him . I can only say that Anthony , if you truly wish to play once again , then do us all a favour and go back to Brisbane. .
He sees widdops displays and fair enough thinks he can do much much better than the little pom who has been Masquerading as our number 6.

emu62

Juniors
He sees widdops displays and fair enough thinks he can do much much better than the little pom who has been Masquerading as our number 6.

Great to see you haven't lost your sense of humor Vas. Very funny accusing someone else of masquerading, too good

Gandhi

Juniors
Well said mate.
Un-Australian.
Un-forgiveable.
You do all realise, dont you??!! .....that 63% of the AMERICAN PEOPLE believe it was their own govt that was involved in bringing their towers down, as an excuse to invade the middle east. I am not stating my opinion.....but what the american people believe. Mundine did nothing wrong compared to corrupt war mongering countries like usa and others.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I ran into Mundine while working security at the Koori knockouts in January this year.
He is idolised by the youth... he gives back so much to his people that goes un noticed.
I approached him and had a chat.
I told him his days in the red V where highlight years for me as a fan.
I asked him about all this talk associating him with the rabbitohs etc...
His reply blew me away, he simply said "Dragons for life baby".
He actually said he wants to return to the dragons and blitz it... i took it as typical mundine hype.
He is actually an awesome guy away from the camera.

January? Koori Knockout is October long weekend.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I heard Hitler was quite a nice guy too when he wasn't talking politics or war.

What a ridiculous comparison.

The Doc is right though, away from the cameras Mundine is one of the most genuinely humble and nicest guys you will ever meet. No-one who has ever actually met the bloke has a bad word to say about him.

ALSGI

Bench
What a ridiculous comparison.

The Doc is right though, away from the cameras Mundine is one of the most genuinely humble and nicest guys you will ever meet. No-one who has ever actually met the bloke has a bad word to say about him.
Except the Cop, when Mundine refused to produce his licence. Arrogant dick told the Cop he knew who he was so didn't need to obey the law.

ALSGI

Bench
That would be a great story if it had any substance to it. Thanks for sharing.
BTN, well done.
I googled this after your reply.
My bad, I got it wrong honest mistake.
That was El Masri, one of the incidents he ended up in court for.
Mundine's still an arrogant dick though.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
BTN, well done.
I googled this after your reply.
My bad, I got it wrong honest mistake.
That was El Masri, one of the incidents he ended up in court for.
Mundine's still an arrogant dick though.

Honest question; have you actually met Mundine before?

ALSGI

Bench
Honest question; have you actually met Mundine before?
Honest answer; yes, on two occassions as part of the crowd at two events. Didn't find him too bad, but certainly not the humble, nice guy others have talked about. He really does admire himself.
His views on our anthem amongst other things really get's under my skin.
I've also worked and lived in the bush a lot in the last 10 years around Walgett, Brewarrina, Cobar and Bourke areas where I spent a lot of time with the Aboriginal communities from those parts and most think he's a toss as well. They have plenty of Aboriginal stars they like but don't mention Mundine, even to the Dragons supporters. That's pretty telling imo.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Honest answer; yes, on two occassions as part of the crowd at two events. Didn't find him too bad, but certainly not the humble, nice guy others have talked about. He really does admire himself.
His views on our anthem amongst other things really get's under my skin.
I've also worked and lived in the bush a lot in the last 10 years around Walgett, Brewarrina, Cobar and Bourke areas where I spent a lot of time with the Aboriginal communities from those parts and most think he's a toss as well. They have plenty of Aboriginal stars they like but don't mention Mundine, even to the Dragons supporters. That's pretty telling imo.

Fair enough mate, each to their own.

possm

Coach
I've always been a fan of Mundine; football and boxing. However I really don't like it when he brings his religion and race into public promotions or press interviews.

I've always believed religion is a personal thing and should not be pushed onto other people.

Australian's are Australians and we who are Australians should be treated equally and with respect however, those who come to Australia should assimilate and try to be a good Australian.

Latest posts