What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Yeah we seem very scared with our kicking game. I don't mind the tactic of bombing a liability under the high ball. But we need a bit more up our sleeve than that. Some options inside the oppisition 20 would be nice. A grubber in goal isn't exactly difficult to get a result from. Angle it so the chasers have more time and the odds at a try or drop out are higher than giving away a 7 tackle set.
I think this is spot on, we are just predictable and need to mix it up a bit. I can't recall seeing any kicks behind the line to try for a repeat set at all this year. We are now a quarter of the way through the season and we have two wins but that doesn't surprise me as Penrith have an uncanny ability to get your hopes up and then fail to deliver. People can come up with all the excuses under the sun but it still doesn't change the fact we are not playing particularly good footy and if that trend continues against the Sharks this weekend we will be 2 wins from 7 games will make it extremely difficult to make the top 4 and couple more losses could be the season.

mxlegend99

Referee
For anyone saying taking the 2 points to increase our lead to 2 or 6 etc. Is throwing away momentum. This game is proof those calls were correct. Our attack in the opposition 20 is f**king putrid and we have thrown momentum away a number of times while attacking their line.

Those 2 pointers were all the right call. As we are seeing today we are clueless in the opposition 20.

We are not close to a top 8 side this year.

Doomednow

Bench
It has to be the coaching. I can't think of anything else. It's been a general trend that players that looked good last year are playing worse this year. We have a stupid bench. We have nothing to offer near the try line.

Turns out Griffin is a lemon. Who could have guessed?

chrisD

Coach
Too late. The problems are persistent and team selection is resistant to the changes required to address them.

tripster

Juniors
Was at the game. Our attack was woeful. Moylan tried way too hard to push things when there was nothing on. Yeo was our best by far (he's making a habit of that).

We had plenty of ball in good field position in the first half but didn't look a cold day in hell's chance of scoring. We need to offload more - we are a great team in broken play but now the only way we get broken play is off the back of fast play the balls which we rarely generate.

Our defence on the edges was also very soft.

One thing I picked up at the game - the body language of the team was very negative well before the score board got to where it ended up. Read into that what you will.

All in all a terrible performance.

age.s

First Grade
How often we take 2 points when offered is the least of our problems. You don't win games of footy if you can't cross the stripe.

pandas

Juniors
We don't know what to do when the opposition has done their homework. We can't adapt and our attack looks haphazard. Could be partly a leadership issue on the field.

TheFrog

Coach
We don't know what to do when the opposition has done their homework. We can't adapt and our attack looks haphazard. Could be partly a leadership issue on the field.
We kept putting up those bombs when they weren't working. They need to learn to try something different. Moylan used to have a decent short kicking game. What happened to it?

chrisD

Coach
Here's what we looked like at the height of our form last season, R26.

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Suaia MATAGI
11. Isaah YEO
12. James FISHER-HARRIS
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
17. Zak HARDAKER
20. Moses LEOTA

Mansour and Cartwright will make a difference, but only 1 of those 5 props were there today.

Actually Cartwright won't make much of a difference stuck out wide as he didn't for the first half of last season too.

pandas

Juniors
We kept putting up those bombs when they weren't working. They need to learn to try something different. Moylan used to have a decent short kicking game. What happened to it?
I think Moylan's been terribly out of form and that affects the whole team more than it should. We need some direction.

Copperhead

Juniors
It has to be the coaching. I can't think of anything else. It's been a general trend that players that looked good last year are playing worse this year. We have a stupid bench. We have nothing to offer near the try line.

We also have the bulk of the squad on long contracts. Not the first time this has led to less than committed football.

chrisD

Coach
On today's performance I would take latimore over tamou any day of the week.. Good business Gus..
Latimore was as bankable as they come in defence, but his regular hit ups when he went to ground were nothing more than what would be expected of a bench prop, but he didn't always go to ground, he was always good for a couple of offloads. Variation we currently lack, desperately.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Apparently no team since rugby league started over 100 years ago has won a premiership after being 2 wins from 7 starts so history tells us we are unlikely to win a comp this year. Now Ivan Cleary was NRL Coach of the Year in 2014 then got sacked 12 months later after one poor season after being decimated by injuries so how long does Gus tolerate Griffin when we have arguably a better team now than we have had since Gus joined us?

Latest posts