What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations Squad - No Dragons

watatank

Coach
Why is it difficult managing their workload? Melbourne seem to handle it pretty well. And with someone as professional as Dean Benton in charge, I think it is more than possible.

Well take this season for example. We could ill afford to rest players toward the end of the season because the team needed to get back into form.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
this will benefit us at the back end of 2010, i can understand everyones disappointment but at the end of the day our guys will be fresh for 2010.

saintzrule

Juniors
Dragons that finsh top try scorer don't get rep jerseys. Ask Blacklock.

This should be some sort of motivation for the players next season.
In 92 we made the grand final and had no players picked for the kangaroo tour, but in 93 we ripped everyone until the GF. The extra motivation for next year is now there. What a crap squad!

hahaha

gallen rules.

dunno if he deserved a spot but. was injured alot.

how the leading try scorer over the season misses the squad baffles me.
must be a baby eater.

morris_magic

Juniors
at least fien and nightingale made it in the NZ team but still hoffman, just because he played well in one match he gets chosen.soward and creagh have been excellent through out the whole year
and i agree with DRAGONSFAN101 what else does he have to do to get a rep spot.
this is bullsh*t

LazyDreamer

Bench
My prediction is that Hannant will be ruled out through injury & Poore will be our token squad member (although he'll be a walk-up starter next year once he's playing with the league darlings).

Creagh & Ennis missing out shows what a joke rep selection is. Hoffman, Shillington, Gallen??? I'll be putting my hard-earned on the Kiwis.

Mr Red

First Grade
wasnt creagh unavailable due to injuries?
morris is unlucky..
david shillington WTF????

Boyd's second half of the season was a disgrace, and Poore and Weyman simply arent ready to take the next step in my opinion.
i do think Ennis is unlucky though - he performed better overall this season then Farah and performed better then Farah at origin level as well.

kordo

Bench
pitty for our boys. hope nz wins. but really who gives a toss....they will hit 2010 fresh as daisies so whatever...

Godz Illa

Coach
I saw Sheens on the news... when quizzed about the lack of Dragons in the squad, he replied "Who would you leave out?" Most people could compile a pretty air-tight list to answer that question lol

watatank

Coach
Sheens also said the team was picked on recent form...and then proceeds to omit players from both the first and third place teams and select five players who haven't played in over a month.

He also requests the squad be extended to 24, yet to select

7 outside backs
6 backrowers
2 utilities
3 halves
4 props
2 hookers

love the breakdown, neither Morris or Jennings won't see any game time at all unless they come on for a token game against France.

saint_girl

Juniors
It is utter crap that no Dragons made it in the squad, especially Creagh who has had a solid year all round.

But all in all, the "international" game of rugby league is a load of crap anyway. We normally beat all the teams anyway (except for the odd couple against NZ). Why they even bother to continue playing against England and France is beyond me.

Bring on 2010 so we can get back to the real rugby league...the NRL competition.

Latest posts