What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations Squad - No Dragons

The fact they chose players like waterhouse and gallen over guys like Creagh is abosolutely beyond me...

Creagh must be absolutely gutted, the selectors are f**king wankers

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons that finsh top try scorer don't get rep jerseys. Ask Blacklock.

This should be some sort of motivation for the players next season.

Goddo

Bench
I thought Ben Creagh was a shoe in. The second row they are taking is second rate without him. His ofloads and line running is second to none. Imagine his offloads to Inglis... scary.

Sowie didn't have a chance as they want bigger, versatile halves like Cronk (even though little blokes like Langer have killed it in the past)

Unfortunately, Boyd and Moris were always going to miss out I think to Slater/Hayne/Falou/Jennings because the selectors are in love with them, and they probably wanted a bloke like Josh Morris as a reserve as he can play centre, and again, is a bit bigger.

I would have thought Weyman or Poore would get a look in too. At least they will get a good off season now and can extract some revenge next year.

Put it in the memory bank Dragons. Another one to make future success all the more glorious.

Godz Illa

Coach
If thats the case with Weyman and surgery then fair enough.

Creagh, ripped off, but with his knees and the long season he's had, a nice stint of R&R over the off-season will be a tonic.
Ditto Boyd. Has had a massive schedule over the last 12 months. Watch him explode out of the blocks next year.

Brett Morris.. was probably always an outsider at best but still should have been picked.
Soward needed to win the Clive Churchill medal to get close to a spot

boxa777

Coach
We do discuss the notion that the players are better off having a rest after a long and gruelling season.

I disagree. I'd like more and more Saints players to get exposure in rep matches as come the big games, it is the big players that step up to the plate. The club can always manage their workload afterwards to ensure that they are not burnt out in the latter part of the next season.

I have no doubt Creagh is the biggest loser in all of this. Deserved the spot more than any other backrower in the competition bar maybe Watmough. How he didn't make it is a f**kin joke and a slap in the face to a player who has had a high quality consistent year.

Morris and the props should have made it also although I didn't see Morris making it.

And Shillington an Australian rep? f**k that is funny.

I hope the Kiwis embarrass the Australian team again.

Dragon Dave

Bench
How can you be happy. Players who play rep footy come back better players they get to mix with other senior players of a high standard like Lokyer etc...., learn more and gain more experience... aka the likes of Creagh and Hayne from origin this year.....

Weyman would have benefitted from being in a team with Petro, Soward with Lockyer, Creagh with Hindmarsh ... etc

Selfishly you are glad they dont improve or build confidence etc.... thats just plain dumb

Relax, I'm just saying we have been disadvantaged in the past from major injuries to key players playing in rep games, it just means we will start our pre-season with our full squad.

On a serious note, we talk about Hoffman making the side...what about Gallen? What the flying f**k has he done this year to get a Roos jersey? In my opinion he is the most over-rated rugby league player of all time (ahead of Mason, Anasta) and has cost the Scum more games than he has won for them (which is very very few, if any.)

No surprise, Aussie selectors have had it in for us for a long while. Very few Saints players ever get picked for these tours. You'd have to go back to the 60s since we last got a fair crack at it.

Shillington? WTF?

Also, now that JMoz is an Aust. rep player, it will now be very difficult for us to afford to get him back.

watatank

Coach
This is a f**king disgrace.

How Creagh misses out over the likes of Hoffman and Waterhouse I will never know. Not only has he just about been the form backrower this (the past few) season (behind Watmough) he was strong in Origin too.

Forget Brett Morris' omission, he was always going to be an outside chance to make the team. Darius Boyd's omission was worse! He's an incumbent and has done nothing wrong to lose his spot. He's also more versatile than any of the backline players in the team.

How did Shillington and White make the team ahead of Poore/Weyman? Massive wtf decision

Last edited:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
The Telesh*t said that Weyman and Creagh were playing in some Aust team....so Shillington and White were chosen over them? BS.

Godz Illa

Coach
The club can always manage their workload afterwards to ensure that they are not burnt out in the latter part of the next season.
That's easier said than done.

Sure a lot of players rise a level after representing, but a lot don't. Look at some recent Oz reps like David Williams, Reni Maitua even our very own Brent Tarrett. From a club perspective having our players miss selection is a blessing in disguise

TheRev

First Grade
- Creagh is the only player who was contending for a spot.

- Boyd is lucky to be in the dragons squad, let alone an australian squad.

- Morris is a good enough player to play rep footy, but there are a dozen wingers in the same sort of class, some of them superstars like Hayne, and seemingly they are taking in an extra centre for the other wing?

Dragon_psa

First Grade
From a Kiwis perspective, that squad looks ripe for the picking.

Agree with the non selection of Creagh being an utter farce though.

ByRd

First Grade
You know it is very surprising that the grub Gallen gets picked ahead of Creagh who was awesome this season, he should be going on tour.

boxa777

Coach
That's easier said than done.

Sure a lot of players rise a level after representing, but a lot don't. Look at some recent Oz reps like David Williams, Reni Maitua even our very own Brent Tarrett. From a club perspective having our players miss selection is a blessing in disguise

Why is it difficult managing their workload? Melbourne seem to handle it pretty well. And with someone as professional as Dean Benton in charge, I think it is more than possible.

I'd rather my players miss portions of pre-season to rest if it means they get exposure in big games. That is what counts at the end of the season.

Latest posts