What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox commentary

Wittenberg

Juniors
It wasn’t until there was probably only 4 or 5 minutes left in the game when the commentators stopped dribbling about a “Broncos miracle”.

I get the commentators have to sell the game to stop people from swapping stations but jeez they could talk about how well the Dragons has played. Who cares if those bandwagon Qlders switch off.

Yeah and we did it with three internationals off the field for the last 25 minutes. Down to only one on the bench.......how sweet it is

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Brandy Alexander and all the other muppets at fox can suck my dog’s left ball
These bias merkins must have lost a lost of money betting on the donkeys
They also lost credibility with their tipping, f**king ass holes.

Please don't use tipping and f**king ass holes in the same sentence. I have often offered the missus " just the tip" but she always refuses :joy:

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Anti Dragon bias from the media has been going on for decades.

Nothing new here.

Fox Sports (i.e. News Ltd.) have loathed St. George ever since the club declined its invitation to join Super League in 1997.

It realised that without Saints, it didn’t have much of a rebel competition.

Unlike say Cronulla, I’m always thankful my team didn’t prostitute itself to Rupert Murdoch’s filthy lucre.

Funny you say that. I watched the game with my mum (who is 86 yo and a lifetime Dragons fan) who said something very similar as we were watching the fox telecast. It was along the lines of “they really don’t like Saints do they?” She’s quite astute my mum is...
All Mums are special and astute - your Mum is a also a footy pundit.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It wasn’t until there was probably only 4 or 5 minutes left in the game when the commentators stopped dribbling about a “Broncos miracle”.

I get the commentators have to sell the game to stop people from swapping stations but jeez they could talk about how well the Dragons has played. Who cares if those bandwagon Qlders switch off.

Thing is, instead of the commentators giving us a big wrap from the start of the second half, vthey just kept saying, "Broncos will come back and we can't see the dragons holding on".

Hold we did.
Love it!

Lewish33

Juniors
I switched from fox to 9 after the last try, hoping there'd be a replay. None came. Gould though was talking like he lost a motza.

Another thing I noticed was 2 dubious penalties against the Dragons, they never showed replays of the infringements. First was for a strip where it looked like he dropped it cold, can't remember what the 2nd one was for

blacksafake

First Grade
I switched from fox to 9 after the last try, hoping there'd be a replay. None came. Gould though was talking like he lost a motza.

Another thing I noticed was 2 dubious penalties against the Dragons, they never showed replays of the infringements. First was for a strip where it looked like he dropped it cold, can't remember what the 2nd one was for
You’re right on the penalties.
I think the 2 penalty was not long before the Dufty try when boneheaded Lodge & Lawrie had a bit of a scuffle. Why they got the penalty who knows but they soon dropped the ball.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You’re right on the penalties.
I think the 2 penalty was not long before the Dufty try when boneheaded Lodge & Lawrie had a bit of a scuffle. Why they got the penalty who knows but they soon dropped the ball.
Yeah mate noticed air head Lodge was grubby and onto Lawrie for most of the time he was on the field...but the kid never took a backward step and most importantly never retaliated...

Life's Good

Coach
Don’t watch the 9 coverage so can’t comment. As for Fox, I dont get too riled up anymore. There’s very few of them that are neutral be it because they are ex players or on the punt.
I do enjoy Vossy very much(he’s a fan first, commentator second). He’s also pretty even handed with both compliments & criticism. I will single out Brandy. He’s just a whinging old windbag still with an axe to grind against us from the Steve Linnane eye gouge.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yeah mate noticed air head Lodge was grubby and onto Lawrie for most of the time he was on the field...but the kid never took a backward step and most importantly never retaliated...

Agree bud , the mongrel did get very grubby and mainly towards young Lawrie , would loved to have seen Leeson Ah Mau’s response if it had been directed at him . Still most pleased that the young bloke stood his ground and proved that he was not a woman or child . . .

dannyt

Coach
Don’t watch the 9 coverage so can’t comment. As for Fox, I dont get too riled up anymore. There’s very few of them that are neutral be it because they are ex players or on the punt.
I do enjoy Vossy very much(he’s a fan first, commentator second). He’s also pretty even handed with both compliments & criticism. I will single out Brandy. He’s just a whinging old windbag still with an axe to grind against us from the Steve Linnane eye gouge.
Of course. Forgot about that.

Explains a lot