What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox commentary

denis preston

First Grade
I switched from fox to 9 after the last try, hoping there'd be a replay. None came. Gould though was talking like he lost a motza.

Another thing I noticed was 2 dubious penalties against the Dragons, they never showed replays of the infringements. First was for a strip where it looked like he dropped it cold, can't remember what the 2nd one was for
Yes, but there was 2 very forward passes that we threw that were not replayed as well.
Don't get this paranoia about the media and us.Don't really see that it is any different from any other side ( other than Brisbane by Brisbane commentators ) Don't forget we got plenty of great accolades up to mid season and even when we went bad the coach still got off scott free but when Parramatta & the Bulldogs debacles happened , they couldn't just deny it let alone pick them to win a game in the semi series.

Vinnie

Juniors
While i agree with all i have to say i was surprised and not for the first time when Gasnier gave us no chance, i really admire Gasnier but i thought he should have downplayed it as a dragons legend at least give us a chance and say something like " I hesitantly have to pick the Bronco's, but i really believe the Dragons can cause an upset"
I actually went from the top 2 to 5th and 7th (out of the prizemoney) in my 2 tipping comps becausr i absolutely refuse to pick against the Dragons. And i didn't even play for them lol

ozbuck

Juniors
While i agree with all i have to say i was surprised and not for the first time when Gasnier gave us no chance, i really admire Gasnier but i thought he should have downplayed it as a dragons legend at least give us a chance and say something like " I hesitantly have to pick the Bronco's, but i really believe the Dragons can cause an upset"
I actually went from the top 2 to 5th and 7th (out of the prizemoney) in my 2 tipping comps becausr i absolutely refuse to pick against the Dragons. And i didn't even play for them lol

He spoke what he believed. He didn't water it down.

He doesn't need to give the dragons any special treatment. That's completely stupid.

ALSGI

Bench
Yep, agree mate. As someone that has a career in the media because of his Dragons past he would do well to water his appraisals down and show some passion for the Dragons.
He doesn’t have to tip us or lie, but you’d think some comment like “ hope I’m wrong but ....”

ALSGI

Bench
He spoke what he believed. He didn't water it down.

He doesn't need to give the dragons any special treatment. That's completely stupid.
Disagree mate, it’s not stupid at all.

Yes he should say what he believes but, he owes a portion of his current success in the media to being a reveered Dragon by name and his own performances. He could absolutely be more mindful of his comments without having to compromise his integrity.

Others do it well without pissing their fans off.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Agree bud , the mongrel did get very grubby and mainly towards young Lawrie , would loved to have seen Leeson Ah Mau’s response if it had been directed at him . Still most pleased that the young bloke stood his ground and proved that he was not a woman or child . . .
Lawrie really stood up. Hard running, good defence and unflappable. Showed wonderful maturity, unlike Lodge, who demonstrated just how frustrated the Broncos were. Lawrie showed he will get better and better and if I'm not mistaken Latimore ran to calm Lawrie down and shouted out at Lodge, "You'll keep you ----!"

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Lawrie really stood up. Hard running, good defence and unflappable. Showed wonderful maturity, unlike Lodge, who demonstrated just how frustrated the Broncos were. Lawrie showed he will get better and better and if I'm not mistaken Latimore ran to calm Lawrie down and shouted out at Lodge, "You'll keep you ----!"
Yes I made the comment yesterday it was great to see young Lawrie not taking a backward step from mutton head Lodge ...but it pleased me more that he showed restraint and didnt retaliate..... there was quite a bit of grubiness coming from the Donkeys late in tbe game when they knew it was season over....was glad Andrew Gee was there to witness the carnage who imo was one of the biggest grubs of all

dannyt

Coach
Gasnier has been like that ever since he joined Fox.

I don't get. Can always say "head says ...., but my heart says St George ".

You'd think he was sacked instead of being welcomed back with open arms just in time for the 2010 premiership.

The nephew of an immortal and one of THE St George legends.

Never played for any other club in the NRL.

A local junior.

Stand up and be proud of where you come from.

possm

Coach
realistically speaking no one can win the comp coming from outside the top 4...too many hard games en on end to win...i mean Dragons have to play 4 of these games like today to win the premiership -by the time they get to the grand final Tristan Sailor will be playing with all the injuries we are copping along the way...
Roosters or Storm in box seat for premiership but in saying that if we beat Souths you can then put this season down as a success and something to build on next year....
There is a chance, if Saints have really turned the corner. Not having Vaughan and Widdop and De Belin with a suspect ankle makes it very difficult but to balance that, we have young players like Lomax, Lielua and Lawrie who have come in and playing in top form. If we beat Souths this weekend, there is an even chance of us smashing Melbourne. And from there, we have every chance of winning the premiership.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Gasnier has been like that ever since he joined Fox.

I don't get. Can always say "head says ...., but my heart says St George ".

You'd think he was sacked instead of being welcomed back with open arms just in time for the 2010 premiership.

The nephew of an immortal and one of THE St George legends.

Never played for any other club in the NRL.

A local junior.

Stand up and be proud of where you come from.
Wasnt he upset that he didnt get the money he was promised or something to do witjh sponsorship...I just forget now but I thought it was something to do with payment or something...I could be wrong......anyhow I agree he seems very negative when he has to talk about us, and its not just this year either

j0nesy

Bench
I switched from fox to 9 after the last try, hoping there'd be a replay. None came. Gould though was talking like he lost a motza.

Another thing I noticed was 2 dubious penalties against the Dragons, they never showed replays of the infringements. First was for a strip where it looked like he dropped it cold, can't remember what the 2nd one was for

There were a couple of dodgy calls that 9 didn’t show the replay.

LINESPEED

Juniors
9 had Locky and Lewis. Locky was visibly shattered at half time. Most of the talk before, during and after the game was about Brisbane and we smashed them. Just the way I like it, hope it goes the same way this week.

No the Murdoch entourage don’t like us - moreso with WIN in the mix?
Crowe gave us a great wrap & it would’ve been a marketing masterstroke to play at the SCG.
Toddy’s days are numbered.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Yep, agree mate. As someone that has a career in the media because of his Dragons past he would do well to water his appraisals down and show some passion for the Dragons.
He doesn’t have to tip us or lie, but you’d think some comment like “ hope I’m wrong but ....”

I totally agree.